Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

New Genuine Rolex 295/c Crystal, how to remove print?

SSTEEL

This is either a silly question, or this crystal has a perminant logo on it. Its not a stick, but a perfectly aligned, and printed in mirror silver finish.

As you can see from the photo below, I have a genuine Rolex crystal I'm about to fit in a TC sub, but before I do, I would like to double check what is the best way to remove this Rolex printing on it? Acetone?

11336049056_c8c7a5c2d9_b.jpg

cwazy1

Acetone is what I'd try.. no harm either.

simey83

Why is it there?

SSTEEL

Acetone is what I'd try.. no harm either.

I have it on hand, so can try.

Why is it there?

Thats the thing, and the reason I asked, it maybe a crystal that is supposed to have this print, its labeled as a 295/c, and I user stand that its the same for DateJust, President and Submariner. Do any of the former have the Rolex branding on the crystal?

SSTEEL

Anyone before I crack out the acetone?

themannier

No problem with acetone, i tried it already on a shapphire glass to remove the glue when i changed a cyclop....no worry at all, you can do it !

SSTEEL

Cheers :)

SSTEEL

Strange, strong Acetone won't budge it. Tried both sides. Its as it its inside the crystal. Mmmm

11337507723_b75f159414_b.jpg

BaggyPants

This might sound dumb, but is it not a clear label stuck on the inside as a protector?

SSTEEL

This might sound dumb, but is it not a clear label stuck on the inside as a protector?

Thats what I initially thought too but no, its not a clear transfer on the crystal. Not that I can se under the loupe.

ront

i agree with this too.

jimsusan

Assuming that the logo is intended to be easily erased, what about a moistened cloth with soft soap? It seems strange to me that the logo would be applied in such a way as to make removal very difficult.

SSTEEL

Assuming that the logo is intended to be easily erased, what about a moistened cloth with soft soap? It seems strange to me that the logo would be applied in such a way as to make removal very difficult.

Tried soaking in acetone, nothing, then window cleaner, nothing. Will try hot soapy water and report back.

trailboss99

Er, who said that was a sub crystal?

solkryssare

Never ever seen that on a Rolex X-stal before

SSTEEL

Er, who said that was a sub crystal?

The owner, he purchased it from someone, it was sealed in a Rolex branded bag, and on the bag, it has 295/c written on it in pen. The 295/c, which I looked up states compatibility with the Submariner, President, and DateJust.

I am starting to think that this crystal is for a Rolex watch with its logo on the actual glass. Do any such models exist?

SSTEEL

Never ever seen that on a Rolex X-stal before

Here's the bag it was sealed in..

11337888064_a20ac532f0_b.jpg

11337927093_f47c1e760c_b.jpg

This thing has already cost me a couple of hours delay, even tried hot soapy water, but this logo appears to be inside the crystal, or printed on with something that is not to be removed easily.

decus

Probably made for display purposes only :)

SSTEEL

Probably made for display purposes only :)

Just waiting to hear from the owner, his answers to my questions may shed some light on this.

decus

If you can't get if of the nice way (acetone) why don't you try and chip it off with a razor blade.

SSTEEL

If you can't get if of the nice way (acetone) why don't you try and chip it off with a razor blade.

I would rather find out if I have the wrong incorrectly labelled crystal first my friend now. For all I know, this may well be how its supposed to look, and is for another Rolex model.

trailboss99

That bag look right to you guys?

I have never seen a gen Rolex sealed bag with the part number in texta, they are normally printed on the bag.

dingle

That bag look right to you guys?

I have never seen a gen Rolex sealed bag with the part number in texta, they are normally printed on the bag.

yes, the bag is legit.

SSTEEL- you need to measure the rep crystal first. I believe it is 30.5 and the gen is 29.5. You will also need to make sure you have the correct gasket. The C2 gen gasket is 2.7mm and the rep is 2.5mm, so I think you will need a C1 gasket.....

I am still at a lost on the logo tho :dunno:

dingle

EDIT: I see you have the TC sub, so it may fit as is.....

trailboss99

Yup, with the TC it will fit as gen.