Sign in to follow this  
northantsrich

How do you pull off an AP ROO?

northantsrich

Ok do an AP ROO is an expensive watch. I can easily pull off a rolex or anything around $8,000 but how do you pull off a $25k watch?

Opinions please

JasperB

wear it with Jeans, Levi shirt and deck shoes.

Zachthebaker

just rock it... wealth whispers

northantsrich

Confidence I guess!!

jgoorn

Yep. I try and be really subtle with my newly acquired Patek Aquanaut. (pics coming I know already I just got it today) shorts and a hoodie with a rubber band (the steel bracelet is ok though I prefer my rubber bracelet better)

Edited by jgoorn

northantsrich

Hey if Archy Luxury can pull off a gen Pateck anything goes!!!!

P4GTR

It's a business expense. I need to own Swiss luxury watches in order to produce custom straps for them. I can afford them as they are a tax write off.

J.Eric

I was wearing my AP ROO Diver the other day with jeans and a T-shirt that had paint splattered on them.

The way I see it, most people have no clue what an AP is and when I tell them the retail price of it, they

can't understand why they cost so much.

cwazy1

just act like you have a huge cock and are willing to swing it around no questions asked.

eazy peazy

James.

If you were to spend $25k on a watch, would you give a fuck what people think? Same mindset ;)

fatarms

What the hell are deck shoes? And if deck shoes are the same as "boat shoes" I remember wearing those in high school in the late 80's Wouldn't be caught dead in those things, quit wearing them in 1990.

Dr Yan
What the hell are deck shoes? And if deck shoes are the same as "boat shoes" I remember wearing those in high school in the late 80's Wouldn't be caught dead in those things, quit wearing them in 1990.

9ff3c692bf41329daf2244b5a28e23c1_zpsaf90ca87.jpg

Mystery Shopper

Joe Public has never heard of APs. Nobody will notice.

Pseudonym

The way I see it, is those that know what is, will think nothing of it as most wealthy people are rather inconspicuous. the richest man I know looks like he hasn't even a pot to piss in - he thinks nothing of how he looks - scruffy hair, usually shorts and a hoodie... Yet His daily wearer is the new platinum Daytona that cost him a smidge over £55k I think...

Those that don't know what it is; will think nothing of it.

baxter

9ff3c692bf41329daf2244b5a28e23c1_zpsaf90ca87.jpg

Those are the work of the devil !!! although i guess if you have a boat .......

TT88

I find it harder to pull this off.

x200.jpg

Even more after tony wore it. Sigh.

JimmyV

Wear it with whatever outfit you want. I do try to dress stylish whenever I'm out and about wearing one of my watches. If I want a jogging pants day or going to the gym I wear my gshocks. They are actually nice whatever watches. Anyways pretty much wear whatever the hell you want when ever you want. Most people 99.999999999% don't know what the hell AP is or even if it real or not.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Always keep shirt sleeves rolled up.......... and never take the price tag off........ keep wrist elevated in the air at all times... as if waving like the Queen...... .....

So.... in summary...... just act normal

Jonnybaws

Can't argue with whats already been written, wear it where, when, how and with whatever you got on, if you like it then who gives a flying **** what anyone else thinks, I know I certainly don't!

BentleySharp

If you were to spend $25k on a watch, would you give a fuck what people think? Same mindset ;)

This This This------^

Last person I saw wearing an AP in person was Z-Ro. If you don't know the name, He's a fairly well known rapper that lives in Houston. He pulled up in his Candypaint blue Chrysler 300. Opened the custom Lamborghini style door. Got out wearing a Gold AP, Designer sunglasses and....Jeans and a T-shirt. Just like Semaj said, He's got millions of dollars. He don't give a fuck what you think, but, he's also got the confidence of somebody with millions of dollars, and that's why he can rock the gold AP with a T-shirt and jeans. And it works.

The answer is Confidence.

baruch

this is what helps- dress youre ass off than the watch you are wearing is for OTHER people most likely gen.

really d

<RJ>

Hey if Archy Luxury can pull off a gen Pateck anything goes!!!!

True. :rolleyes:

LightGeek

How many people do you think actually knows the value of the watch you're wearing... or gives a damn? :)

andygt

Dangerous business pulling off a roo - especially if they start jumping

nyckid

The way I see it, is those that know what is, will think nothing of it as most wealthy people are rather inconspicuous. the richest man I know looks like he hasn't even a pot to piss in - he thinks nothing of how he looks - scruffy hair, usually shorts and a hoodie... Yet His daily wearer is the new platinum Daytona that cost him a smidge over £55k I think...

Those that don't know what it is; will think nothing of it.

+1000

If you were to come accross some of the guys I know and work with here in NYC, which happen to be very well off financially, you wouldn't be able to tell that they have money. The way they dress in a normal day is pathetic......and so is their bank account :giggile:

They way I see it, old sport, you have (like cwazy said) have the confidence of a big cocked dude. If you are going to wear a fake watch you own up to that and have even a bigger cock to tell the truth when asked whether it is real or not. (this last statement may sound like a contradiction but it is not)