Sign in to follow this  
northantsrich

How do you pull off an AP ROO?

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

I agree w Powermax, wear it and enjoy.

Yesssiirrreee... Wear them with pride......and confidence... as I do ..

All my new best friends below

c51caa3e-cbc2-47a3-958d-76378caa9f15_zps44c239ba.jpg

IMG_0319_zpse183b56e.jpg

Edited by andman

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Of course the other way is with a baseball bat..... two very firm hands....... and run away bloody quickly !!!!

danni

u pull it off by being confident and masculine and not a pussy bitch showing it right and left

_DC_

Royal Oak Offshores are so brash and ostentatious I don't think you can pull one of unless you're 6ft black and built like a brick shit house!!

Classic Royal Oaks, or Pateks Nautilus' or similar are easy to pull off, just don't try too hard. The people who can actually afford them don't spend so much time worrying if their shirt is worthy of wearing with a certain watch, they get dressed and stick on whichever watch they fancy that day..... just do the same and no one will know!

DC

ramliver1

Eh, you can get AP ROOs on the bay for $12,500. Just make sure your car is worth more than 25k or you aren't fooling anybody.

time_keeper

I wore my V3.5 diver daily for about 3 months, I got one compliment, one person asked if it was a Hublot and when someone did recognise it I said it was a gift and knew nothing of watches, they told me it cost around £15,000 and someone must like me to give me that as a gift to which I smiled said thanks and walked away.

fana05

My significant other's parents have more money than common sense. Instead of giving us money or shit we actually need we receive useless expensive crap all the time. If only they'd give me watches!!

Scottie

What a coincidence...I was just at Walgreens this morning picking up a script on my way to work when the Pharmacist asks if my watch was a Hublot. Now my AP was just barely sticking out of my dress shirt and he spotted it. I replied, good observation, no it's an Audemiars. He so oh, that's the Royal Oak. I said yep. He said I just picked up a Panerai and I love it. I said yes I love the brand too as I collect time pieces and have a few of them. I smiled and said it can be an expensive hobbie and smiled. He said I bet it is. Now I was sporting a suit and had my mont blanc in my shirt pocket. I wasn't fibbing...I do collect watches, it is expensive which I'm sure you all can attest to and it was an AP. I just didn't specify if it was a rep or a gen. Was a pleasant experience. I think just not paying much attention is the way to go. It's nobody's business but your own. My two cents.

Sakurai

Simple, just let the watch be a part of you and your style, whatever that style may be.

Posers leave the hall!

zinnboy

just rock it... wealth whispers

I have met many people, the "wannabes" always were big swinging dicks and wanted to be noticed and think they are better than everyone else. The actual "rich" people are very conservative and don't yell I'm rich. They generally are kind and treat everyone with equal respect, thats how they got there for goodness sakes.

DR3M3L

I have met many people, the "wannabes" always were big swinging dicks and wanted to be noticed and think they are better than everyone else. The actual "rich" people are very conservative and don't yell I'm rich. They generally are kind and treat everyone with equal respect, thats how they got there for goodness sakes.

You are right, but there are exceptions though. I know someone that doesn't know my watches are replica's, as soon as he spots a new watch on my wrist it only takes one or sometimes two weeks for him to wear the same watch as a gen. I kinda feel sorry for him spending all of his money just to always want to have the same things as others and not get "behind" on the "look me I have everything I want" thingy......

zinnboy

You are right, but there are exceptions though. I know someone that doesn't know my watches are replica's, as soon as he spots a new watch on my wrist it only takes one or sometimes two weeks for him to wear the same watch as a gen. I kinda feel sorry for him spending all of his money just to always want to have the same things as others and not get "behind" on the "look me I have everything I want" thingy......

The reason why replicas work for me and many other members on this forum is because we accept they aren't perfect. Sure we'd like perfect but since we can't get that we try and get as close as we can and that pulls us together. Also I feel sorry for your mate who spends that much money on gens.

MHardiman

I wore mine with a fuckin RVCA tank top yesterday. Be yourself, do you... I normally wear mine with slacks and a button down or polo but who cares?

Derek Mc

I have just acquired my first AP ROO diver white face, When it arrives which should be soon now, I plan to use it as my summer daily wear, will team it with a stunning hornback tan leather strap combo and deployment.

I am in the commercial Interiors sector dealing with some of the top Architects designers and construction firms in the country, in summer I tend to go Chino's (another quirk in the UK is that I only wear IZOD Chino's, a brand you cannot buy here) and long sleeved oxford / pastel shirts (such as Nautica Perry Ellis and Polo) I wear suede "dockers" (unless I am onsite then I wear Steel toe cap Dr Martens ;)) and don't anticipate the watch to be "on show" much more "an edge of the cuff" scenario, as I want to wear the watch not flaunt the extravagance factor directly but low key and subtley.

I see a regular procession of extremely expensive tin on people wrists, the predominant are PAM's Rolex then Tag strangely I have only seen one Hublot one Ebel and never seen an AP

I find that it is a place like this that has increased my awareness levels incredibly as to brands and beauties!

Hazz

I pull it off coz I can.

I know how to release the catch on the buckle :lol:

zufir

I like to wear mine with my nice short polo sleeves while handing the change back to customer and tell them it'll be 7,95 for that big mac trio

Edited by zufir