Sign in to follow this  
nsbrando

BIG ROLEX SCAM ON THE BAY

ShovelnTC

I'm no expert and they state that it has an aftermarket bezel insert and a re-finished dial and polished center links by them so what are the tells that it is a Rep?

cnstptdnnj

I had to look pretty damn hard from my couch. But it looks like the lume in several spots is well below the standard of a gen rolex, especially a "brand new" one. Also, is it me or is the serial number at the 6 o'clock position something stupid like "6"?

tesmith2112

Only a fool would buy that watch.

James.

Seller has a decent rep, looks as if they bought a standard subC and installed a blue bezel and insert. The only ceramic sub in blue made by Rolex is produced exclusively in white gold as far as I know, this is SS so essentially a Gen Rolex build made to look like a more expensive Gen Rolex. I wouldn't touch it, I'm not sure whether Rolex would accept it back for services or not

avalosc

So it has an aftermarket bezel insert, a re-finished dial, polished center links, I don't know about you guys, but doesn't these tweaks pretty much invalidate the Rolex warranty? Rolex pursued legal action against sites selling Rolex's simply because the watches had some aftermarket parts (gaskets, crystals, etc). Rolex basically claimed they are no longer Rolex's and could refuse to service them. Why ruin a perfectly fine watch to make it look like a $48,000 watch? Just sell a replica and call it a day, cause to Rolex this thing isn't a Rolex anymore! LOL

For $10,000 just sell a blue yacht master, looks even better.

Edited by avalosc

Dr Yan

The crown guards look good but the crown looks a little too high in the case for a Rolex movement to be inside.

Edited by Dr Yan

J.S.

The crown guards look good but the crown looks a little too high in the case for a Rolex movement to be inside.

Crown is good and but the dial is like it's made of paper and bezel has one ugly ass pearl.

dingle

653 transactions and 98% feedback. Methinks this seller has no clue it is fake.

Cigarsmoker_1

Seems like business as usual on the bay :rainingshit:

The Cigarsmoker

YaYoGakk

653 transactions and 98% feedback. Methinks this seller has no clue it is fake.

I think we have the answer here. Good Ebay seller with a "close enough to get fooled" Rep.

Libertatia

This is what you call a genuine replica.

Nisv
120527B_Turkey%20Ephesus,%20Genuine%20Fake%20Watches%20store.jpg

BentleySharp

Even if this is a gen Rolex, the wording in the title is VERY deceptive. They want you to think it's a solid white gold submariner. If you read it carefully, and carefully read the description, They claim the bezel insert comes from a white gold submariner, but this is a regular SS submariner...Anyway you cut it though, even if this is a gen, I wouldn't do business with someone who words things so intentionally deceptively in order to boost interest in the item.

For shame :(

themannier

It's a gen, no doubt, the finish is perfect o this sub !

LightGeek

Everything looks really crisp... Eg.end links. I wouldn't get it on the basis the dial was refinished.

jgoorn

IDK. I would never buy any expensive watch on the bay. It's worth the little bit more at an AD or if you're a cheap ass get it at Jomashop.

andygt

Looks legit to me, selling exactly what is in the description so not a scam IMO

Bobbylah

Seller has a decent rep, looks as if they bought a standard subC and installed a blue bezel and insert. The only ceramic sub in blue made by Rolex is produced exclusively in white gold as far as I know, this is SS so essentially a Gen Rolex build made to look like a more expensive Gen Rolex. I wouldn't touch it, I'm not sure whether Rolex would accept it back for services or not

Rolex will service it (if it is gen with aftermarket parts), but part of the condition of the service would be to return it to it's original make up (using Rolex parts at Rolex prices!).

knoffie

I dont think its technically a fake Annaheim jewellery have been around for years and are not in to selling fakes. Has this watch been highly modifies with after market bezel and dial? The answer is yes. Has Annaheim said that? yes/ is it a frankenwatch? yes. Is it worth cosiderably less than an unmmodified Rolex? praobably yes.

Will that matter to some buyers who love the modifications? Not necessarily.

They have been very up front with the auction. They are not trying to deceive anyone by pretending it is somethng its not. Caveat Emptor .

Knoffie

Kcore

I don't read anything decpetive. If you simply scroll down to the sellers full disclosure it clearly says in plain, bold, capitalized English,

ORIGINAL ROLEX DIAL REFINISHED IN BLUE TO MATCH THE CUSTOM CERAMIC BLUE BEZEL INSERT.

THAT IS MADE FOR THE $48,000 18K WHITE GOLD SUBMARINER, WHICH THIS WATCH WE ARE SELLING IS NOT.

dingle

I don't read anything decpetive. If you simply scroll down to the sellers full disclosure it clairly says in plain, bold, capitalized English,

ORIGINAL ROLEX DIAL REFINISHED IN BLUE TO MATCH THE CUSTOM CERAMIC BLUE BEZEL INSERT.

THAT IS MADE FOR THE $48,000 18K WHITE GOLD SUBMARINER, WHICH THIS WATCH WE ARE SELLING IS NOT.

correct. but the supposed refinished dial looks like a rep. It seems he is making excuses to cover up the flaws.

Oh yeah. Large print does noooooooooooooooooooooooooooothing to prove a point here. :P

psantos1091

Can the factory rep this for me? Lol

trailboss99

So, Anaheim Jewellers can use rep parts in a watch (including a dial that if not gen is a straight out fake) and sell it on eBay but I can't?

trksh-bzr

the WG hour markers look thick ....