Sign in to follow this  
Relayman

WBK PAM - What do you Pam guys think?

Relayman

I had ordered a summer watch and was waiting for it to arrive when I saw this one advertised by Stan. Since my other watch was being delayed I figured what to heck. For the price that Stan was asking for this one I just could not pass up the purchase. I can't believe you guys let this watch stay for sale long enough for me to be the one to make the purchase.

I admit that my knowledge about Pams stops just after I pronounce the name. For all I know, this may very well be a fantasy watch. I don't care; it was exactly what I wanted. Attractive, 44mm, date, white dial, and low priced. I sent my payment on a Monday and the watch was in my mail box when I got home Wednesday night. I immediately put in on and wore the watch the entire 4th of July weekend and week while vacationing on the Florida Gulf Coast in Fort Walton Beach. I have found no negatives about this watch. The only short coming is that the strap is a typical rep strap and was a little small for my taste. This week I have swapped the original strap shown in the pictures with a bomber strap with a deployant clasp from Panatime. I will try to get the pictures of the new strap up this weekend.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics, and maybe some of the Pam experts will add their opinions.

;)

img1031cs.jpg

img1044s.jpg

img1048cs.jpg

img1049sx.jpg

img1052csr.jpg

img1053cs.jpg

Member X

I'm no PAM expert... but is that a Quartz?

Seems to have different seconds-dial location to most that I've seen!

White dials are great summer watches though, along with blue dials ;)

A decent strap sets things off nicely too!

Hope you enjoy wearing it :rofl:

Baldrick

It's a low end early 21j Asian movement, typical of the 2002 / 3 era, the sub duial is all wrong too far inset from the dial edge. weak dsate and wrong colour, caseback is wrong also, but hey what the heck, if it's what your eye and heart like, knock yourself out, still an attractive watch AND even with those glaring flaws, 99% of Joe Schmoes won't know :lol:

Luthier

I bought almost the same watch in Guangzhou about 5 years ago, for $25.

It has 21j, textured dial, that I like, and it's a fantasy watch, kind of PAM 104.

Yours is kinda PAM 164.

Here's the picture of this watch with PAM 164 from Robert.

DSCF0037.jpg

Relayman
I bought almost the same watch in Guangzhou about 5 years ago, for $25.

It has 21j, textured dial, that I like, and it's a fantasy watch, kind of PAM 104.

Yours is kinda PAM 164.

Here's the picture of this watch with PAM 164 from Robert.

DSCF0037.jpg

Thanks for the comparison and pics, that is the kind of information I appreciate when trying to learn more of the details of a particular brand. Especially the Panerai, so many models and special editions.

Ska

+1 Good post George!!

Also - relayman, what merc are you sporting??