Sign in to follow this  
Ska

Rolex LV Noobmariner from Mary (Watchinternational)

Ska

Just received this from Mary along with a Railmaster, Datejust and a couple of Rolex/Omega boxes.

ROLEX SUBMARINER LV (Noobfactory)

Movement: Swiss ETA 2836-2

Mary shipped the 3 watch heads separately and put the rest in a second parcel. Went through customs without a hitch!

For those who don't know its history, the green sub or Lunette Verde (LV) was originally a 2004 limited edition to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Submariner. It was so popular however that it has remained in production. It is also one of the most popular Subs to be repped.

In this review I'm going to be assessing the Sub both as a rep and against the genuine article wherever possible.

OK Here Goes: First a pic of the Gen.

www.rolexreferencepage.com__50thsub1_000.jpg

And a couple of the Rep

sub3.jpg

sub4.jpg

Now in terms of quality, most people here will know the reputation of the noobfactory subs already. This was my first one however and I'm blown away by the quality and attention to detail. The finish on the bracelet and case is flawless, as is the fit of the crystal.

The printed unidirectional bezel is crisp and correct with 120 solid clicks required to turn full circle. The pearl is well finished and nicely central. On very close inspection it appears to be slightly off-centre by something in the region of 0.1mm which I'm hardly going to have heart attack over.

sub1.jpg

The Gen LV sub was one of the first where the case had no visible lug holes, this is of course correct on the rep. Although I haven't shown it in these photos, the clasp is strong and tight fitting. (Its the old-style clasp, not the new glide-lock which is correct to the 2004 gen of course) The bracelet and clasp are all laser engraved with crisp rolex markings in the correct places. This is not as nice as the machine engraved clasp on the newer subs but this doesn't matter as they are still a good comparison with the gen LV.

sub2.jpg

The crown and movement are the real party-pieces of this sub. Brilliantly smooth sweep from the ETA and a beautifully smooth winding action. I've just tested the power reserve having fully wound the watch on arrival (it was actually still ticking but as the bracelet was being shipped separately I thought it was a good opportunity. It appears have a good 40 hours in the spring which is bloody excellent.

The crown itself is top notch. Heavy under the fingers, with a good O-ring seal and very crisp logo on the face.

In terms of accuracy i've checked the watch at two 24 hour intervals now and it appears to be gaining about 3 seconds per day which is in line with gen tolerances. Not bad!

sub5.jpg

One of the things that really makes a difference on the new noob subs are the brushed mid-links. It totally completes the whole picture. The bracelet itself is not quite as heavy as the gen but still weighty enough that if you handed the watch to a non-expert they'd almost certainly go "Christ thats heavy" which is of course the whole point. Great Success!!

sub6.jpg

The LV Sub was the first one where the "Swiss Made" text at the bottom of the dial stretched over 5 minute markers (In other subs it only spans 3). This is correct in the Noob as you can see. Another little thing I haven't photographed is the tiny Rolex Crown logo which is engraved into the bottom of the crystal. Its almost impossible to see but its there which I know is commonplace now but if you think about it is really amazing attention to detail. I mean - they don't REALLY have to do it do they?! (But I'm SO lad they do, as its touches like that which elevate this watch completely.

sub7.jpg

The cyclops is well fitted and there's no trace of excess glue or misting where it connects with the crystal. Obviously the datewheel isn't as good as BK's but who the hell is going to notice that?! Its what $10 from BK if you ever decide to be that anal?

sub8.jpg

The only thing I haven't checked yet is lume but I'll do that when I get my own sub later on this month (Black ceramic noob from Mary again with glidelock bracelet)

Hope you enjoyed this review. I thoroughly recommend Mary to anyone looking for the best reps around.

GC

Phenomenal review skathe... with superb photography to back it up!!!

Now I need a LV...damn you!

AustinTech

Holy smokes. This isn't helping my Rolex craze these days.

Ska

Its a sexy ass watch. The worst thing is I have to give it to my friend tomorrow!!!

AustinTech

Well thank you! I didn't know you cared about me so much!

GC
Its a sexy ass watch. The worst thing is I have to give it to my friend tomorrow!!!

Well this is what I would say when he asks "so...where's my watch you promised...you know the Rolex"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TuLBa-rgBk

but that's just me.

Ska

B) :rolleyes::) B) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gB.

Another great review and superb photography!

:rofl: B) B) :rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes::rofl: :rofl: :)

k3rm87

Great review, an even better photography mate.. I envy your skills!

Just ordered one of these, can't wait........

photorog

Great photos and a nice watch!