Sign in to follow this  
colin

Daytona from Mary

colin

Well here are the pics....The watch looks beautiful as you may be able to tell from my pics ( or not LOL )

I have one or two things i worry about on the watch.....Please tell me what you all think

1/ the gaps between the bracelet and the bezel ( are they too big ? )

2/ the bracelet itself is it the wrong one for a daytona ( its different to pics on Watch international site )

DSCF0755_edited-1.jpg

face.jpg

Faceandbox.jpg

GAP.jpg

openbox.jpg

side.jpg

sideface.jpg

bracelet.jpg

GC

That's a great look'n Daytona!

to your questions

#1. gaps are fine, don't worry in the slightest

#2. the new SS versions w/sec @6 have the upgraded clasp on the gens, you are thinking about the older sec @9 models with the older clasps.

pollux1

The sel does look off but I'd take the word of GC first as I know very little about daytonas.

Ska

Curcio said all. Nice looking watch mate.

Sel looks pretty accurate to me.

colin

Its just the pic she has on site shows the clasp as the one with a hole in for a round pin and shaped ..as the gen ones i have seen pics of....this one is like the subs have

If you look at madcats review my clasp is like his but with out glide lock !!

The pics from her site http://www.watch-international.com/index.p...roducts_id=3243

they show the clasp shaped and with pin ......Its just if its wrong its a great big tell !

Member X

Ok, I have to ask a potentially noob question...

Subdial at 9 - should that be pointing at 12?

colin

That was one of my earlier questions............the 9 sub dial works all the time counting away the hours ????????? it does reset with crono...but then continues to count away

So two sub dials work all the time secs at 6 hours at 9 .............. mins at 3 only when crono running !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by colin

KBH

I've just looked at 2 Subs, an SSD, two Gmts and a vintage Daytona and the gap at the end link and bezel is the same as yours.

As far as the difference in the clasps, I have no idea what's correct, but the two similar bracelets that I have on a Serti Sub and a GMTIIC have the same clasp as yours. Maybe the Daytona is different, maybe not, but I think you're starting to way over analyze your watch. Remember, it's only a rep. not a $15,000 gen. And any of your friends that see it aren't going to know squat about the nuances. They are all going to assume it's fake anyway unless you are genuinely rich.

skintrade

Agree with KBH, it is a rep and looking at your pics a damn nice one. I myself have x2 Rolex coming but here in the UK most people assume that Rolex watches are reps anyway, unless they see you step out of your Aston Martin but to hell with that, its a good piece that should make you feel a million dollars wearing it. Enjoy and don't take the shine off it by obsessing over details. :lol:

Member X
That was one of my earlier questions............the 9 sub dial works all the time counting away the hours ????????? it does reset with crono...but then continues to count away

So two sub dials work all the time secs at 6 hours at 9 .............. mins at 3 only when crono running !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah yes, I remember the thread! Something definitely isn't right there, I'm sure of it...

Not sure what to suggest - could contact Mary and show her the pics? Or see if one of the rep-friendly watchsmiths from the forums can take a look? (domi or bricciola, although that will of course cost £60+ :()

AllergyDoc

Gaps in SEL are so common in Rolex reps there's almost nothing you can do about it.

But your movement if f'ed up. The subdial at 9:00 should not be moving like that. Send it back for repair.

GC

I retract mt statement on the clasp, as it was 1am when I posted and tired as hell, I mixed it up the new Sub clasp. It is not the correct clasp for a Dayton, the correct clasp looks like this...

IMG_2686APS.jpg

colin

Thats what i thought...looks like its been fitted with a T/T braclet from a sub by mistake, i better get in touch with Mary and also sort out this thing about the sub dial moving all the time

:clap:

Member X

Let us know how you get on, she's pretty good at resolving problems :clap:

colin

I have sent her an E mail..... I will let you all know how it goes

Told you i am unlucky :(

colin

UPDATE......

Mary has been in touch.....yes the factory has put the wrong bracelet on the watch.

Unfortuanetly the are out of stock....... she did offer to send out a plated one and for me to send this one back, so i have told her i will keep this as is untill she sends me the correct one ..and i will then send this one back to her.

AllergyDoc

What about the hour subdial ticking away?

colin

Sending the watch back.....told Mary to fix it , put the right bracelet on and send me it back........just hope she can get the bracelet quickly and i hope that it does not take weeks

I think it must be a real Friday afternoon watch......

See how things go

So has anyone sent a watch back...how do you ship it ????

Member X

Mary should tell you how to ship it and what to write on the customs declaration.

As with payments, do NOT mention 'replica watch' anywhere! lol

Something like "broken watch for spare parts" and a declared value of $20 should do the trick, but see what she says. :D