Sign in to follow this  
knoffie

will a 24mm / 22mm strap still fit ok on a Panerai Radiomr 00183?

knoffie

I have just received a Pam 00183 Radiomir black seal with display back etc from Joshua and I found the 26mm/26mm strap just too wide. I reckon that a 24/22 mm strap would look better on my wrist but I am not sure if it would fit correctly. There are so many beautiful straps out there, but I dont want to buy the wrong size. Any advise from those who know about these things?

Knoffie

Edited by knoffie

<RJ>

You have the Lug size, Right? Im not into pams but if i understand you correctly its 26mm on yours? Then a 2mm smaller strap at the lugs will look less perfect. Might be good for you though. Can you imaginge how it will look? Maybe you have some other 24mm you can try just to get the idea?

knoffie

The Radiomir 00183 doesn't have lugs . It has a wire loop to which the strap attaches. here is a pcture which might help.

From my ignorant point of view it looks like a 24mm would slip on quite well with just 1 mm more of the wire loop showing on each side .

RWGpan183_zps82d99ee3.jpg

<RJ>

I agree. I would try it.

gottahaverolex

A 24/22 will slide around on the lug wires and look to narrow. 2mm is a lot when you are talking about straps. Stick with what the watch was made to go with.

HeavyKrush

Sounds like what you really want is a 26x24mm. I'm sure some strap maker on the forum could work something up.

HeavyKrush

I would pull the trigger on the last one and see how that works. I'm sure you could resell here if it doesn't work out. Best of luck.

greg_r

The correct strap size for a Rad is tapered from 27mm at the lugs down to 22mm at the clasp (20mm in some instances).

A 24mm strap will not fill the lug spacing and will look ridiculous. You can get away with 26/22 though (which is the most common size for third-party Rad straps)

knoffie: I have a spare black 26/22 Panatime strap here which should suit your watch well. It's yours if you want it. Just drop me a PM with your name and address and I'll get it posted.

Prancuzas

I have 26/22 on my 183 and still i think i need that one additional millimeter at lugs to catch up with case lines. So my suggestion would be 27/22.

27/22

IMG_20131022_213537_zpse3df8c92.jpg

26/22

IMG_20131220_141312_zps54ba0cc8.jpg

TheTinMan

Will you not risk having a 24mm strap fall off if it slides too far one way?

Either way, I agree, I think it just won't look right.

Higs

Will you not risk having a 24mm strap fall off if it slides too far one way?

Either way, I agree, I think it just won't look right.

A 24mm strap wouldn't fall off.

To me, it would look wrong but we're all different - some people think it's OK to wear a 20mm lugged Rolex on an 18mm Nato.

dingle

A 24/22 will slide around on the lug wires and look to narrow. 2mm is a lot when you are talking about straps. Stick with what the watch was made to go with.

this^^^

it's going to look like ass otherwise

knoffie

Thanks everyone. 26/22 will be what I put on. Thanks Greg. Much appreciated.

Knoffie

N.Rico

mine has from factory 26/20 looks very good .

Prancuzas

20 is for deployant ;)

chekkarn

The Radiomir 00183 doesn't have lugs . It has a wire loop to which the strap attaches. here is a pcture which might help.

From my ignorant point of view it looks like a 24mm would slip on quite well with just 1 mm more of the wire loop showing on each side .

RWGpan183_zps82d99ee3.jpg

I have always wondered how those work. How do you remove it and fasten it?

onionbag

There are 4 grub screws on the underside of the case to release the 4 'L' shaped wire bars.

chekkarn

There are 4 grub screws on the underside of the case to release the 4 'L' shaped wire bars.

Cool, thanks!