Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Rolex DSSD 21J photos - for G. Curcio

greg_r

My good friend G. Curcio asked me to take a few more photos of the PWC $129 DSSD he so generously gave me (I'm still kinda overcome by his generosity - thank you again, mate - it's one of my favourite watches!)

This was the best of the early pics I took with my old camera (a Canon EOS1000D that I've now passed on to work) when I first received the watch:

dssd_200610.jpg

here's a couple more I've just taken with my 'new' camera (a used Nikon D1X with 18-105VR zoom)

dssd_2_170710.jpg

dssd_1_170710.jpg

I can't compete with his phenomenal DSSD photos, but I quite like the way these came out :blink:

Thanks again, GC!

Silverspeed

Great shots Greg...love the last one

greg_r

thanks mate :blink:

Ska

That last one is AMAZING I love it!!!

You don't give yourself enough credit greg.

:)

Baldrick

Yeah, they're Ok I suppose.

'jus kiddin' mate, very nice photos, well controlled, now all you need to do is learn how to use the zoom facility and fill OUR frames a lil' bit more, I've got a 24" monitor and it looks tiddly on it. :)

Oh and BTW, dun be giving us any of that ole Apple vs Win or Nikon vs Canon shit OK :)

skintrade

Job well done, i like the 2nd shot.

pollux1

Very nice pics Greg, it's a beaut for sure. Gc is one of the best, he sent me a couple of links for my day date FOC, total gent :)

greg_r
Yeah, they're Ok I suppose.

'jus kiddin' mate, very nice photos, well controlled, now all you need to do is learn how to use the zoom facility and fill OUR frames a lil' bit more, I've got a 24" monitor and it looks tiddly on it. :)

900 pix wide (I shoot RAW at max resolution and resize) is about the optimum width for the board when viewed on a smaller screen. I never post images any larger than that as we do have users who are still stuck with slow connections...

Oh and BTW, dun be giving us any of that ole Apple vs Win or Nikon vs Canon shit OK :)

LOL - I was a Canon user for 25 years. The only reason I'm using Nikon now is that my last Canon was an EOS1000D that has been nothing but trouble since I bought it new last year (went back to Canon 3 times - they've now replaced the whole kit). I know I was just unlucky, but decided to move it on as work needed a new camera anyhow - and this way they got something brand new for cheap. I ended up buying a used Nikon this time because I wanted something a bit more solid and, being a cheap bastard, it was a better deal than I could find in a Canon equivalent. As it happens, it seems to suit me pretty well ;)

Baldrick
we do have users who are still stuck with slow connections...

Inconceivable!

So, we're all just supposed to downsize, because there are still some cheap bastards runninng 386x's or Amigas on dun's, not on my planet :)

Hmm, let's see, you buy Apple AND Canon product, you need to get out the house more, but that's a debate for another time, psst...wanna buy a nice Fuji GX680, all you need is a leaf back or similar, full kit with various lenses :)

greg_r

Thanks. I'll pass. :)

Baldrick

Methinks you already have :)

gB.

I sense a bro-mance going on between greg_r and GC. :) :) ;)

Giving each other phat watches and posting pics for each other...? I'm just saying....

What's next, swapping Gaytonas with each other?

4cca06d4.jpg

greg_r
Methinks you already have :)

and with good reason... Who the hell has the energy to lug that kinda weight around these days...? :)

Baldrick

GR and GC swinging on a tree...

sandwiched in the middle was Sconeee :)

greg_r

Ewwwww! No monkeys please! Filthy creatures! :)

Baldrick
Who the hell has the energy to lug that kinda weight around these days

Not me, that's fer sure, I don't have the legs for it nowadays !

In all honestly, I'd love to get a digital back for it, but justification ain't there, maybe I could rent one for a wee while tho'...hmmm!

Thefakemastersfanclub

In all honestly, I'd love to get a digital back for it, but justification ain't there, maybe I could rent one for a wee while tho'...hmmm!

you mean leg?

Baldrick

No. no, plurality, LEGS, :)

Thefakemastersfanclub
No. no, plurality, LEGS, :)

:) I know.. How about them 60mp Hassy's.. would love to take a pic with one of those..

greg_r

Yep - I did the medium format thing many years ago (used to do a lot of architectural photography - both work and pleasure) and kinda got it out of my system. Photography isn't really much of a hobby for me these days - about 90% of what I do is for work and I just don't have enough enthusiasm left to go take photos for the sake of taking photos any more... Maybe I'll take it up again sometime when I have a little more spare time than I do these days..

gB.
:) :) ;):popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

sconehead

Hmmm, I didn't know Nikon did a camera phone...:)

greg_r
Hmmm, I didn't know Nikon did a camera phone...:)

Sure they do - it's a little big, though, and you have to shout...

nikon_d1x.jpg

sconehead

...as always, vos costenzee?

greg_r

New a little over £4k body only.

Second hand and 8 years old but mint, boxed with 4 good batteries and all the usual accessories. Body only £160. 18-105 VR Lens bought elsewhere for about £140 (also used) Flashgun £50 (used again). Built like a tank. Weighs about the same as a tank too, but I'm used to heavy cameras. Should last forever...

It's only 6mpix, but frankly that's enough for anyone unless you're producing prints larger than A1 size..