Sign in to follow this  
rizocreations

Attempting to mod

rizocreations

I'm trying to relume my Pam but need some help. Im trying to take the watch out of the case but in the disassembly process having trouble. When I remove the crown/stem. The watch is still running. 6u9uvu3y.jpg

In the image I have it in. I take it out but it keeps ticking. Is this normal? I won't be able to remove anything if its still ticking away!

Please advice. Pretty noob over here. Good learning experience.

Some pics of the lume.

Before lights turned off. Also I'm tired of the orange. So maybe will get rid of it.

Lume right away with light turned off.

Second lume pic is LITERALLY 10 SECONDS after first lume pic. Weaksauce.

mepu9a7u.jpg

y3e6ydy7.jpg

zyjavejy.jpg

Edited by rizocreations

nyckid

You may not looking closely. I don't see the watch is moving....

I kid :P

rizocreations

Funny guy. Seriously though. The crappy lume on this watch pissing me off lol

nyckid

I wish I could help you mate. But hang in there, there are some knowledgeable guys here and they'll help you :)

Please do post pics of the result :)

Good luck

J!m

Yo could let down the mainspring if it's a date model. If it has no date, just pull the hands (that's what I do).

If it IS a date model, be sure you are at midnight (date changing) and you put them back on at midnight as well, or the date will change at some other time of day...

rizocreations

It is a date model. My main problem is getting the movement out of the case. I'll be sure to set it at midnight though

twofake

can you reinsert the stem and engage the gears then pull the stem out until the seconds stop (assuming it has the hacking feature) and then remove the stem (assuming you have not already done all of the above)?

Oh yes, your original lume does suck.

rizocreations

I have done all of that. When I reinsert and pull out to change time it stops ticking. But if I pull the stem out. It still ticking. Is it because it is wound already?

twofake

I have done all of that. When I reinsert and pull out to change time it stops ticking. But if I pull the stem out. It still ticking. Is it because it is wound already?

when it stops ticking, unless you push the stem back in, it should not start again. Hence when you pull it out further, it should not start.

I once had one where it kept ticking and the problem was the keyless section which had slipped a gear.

Just check again (sorry to ask you to do this when it is already frustrating) to make sure the keyless section is definitely stopping the watch each time and then when all is good, make sure you dont psuh stem back and just release the stem and it should be good.

J!m

Be careful doing this with the stem, as you can muff up the keyless works pretty easily...

Push it all the way in (winding position) and then release the stem.

Either let it sit and run down on its own, or let down the mainspring manually.

Then remove the movement clamps and pull the movement out.

rizocreations

Yeah I did all that. I think I'll just let it wind down. I don't wanna try to do the mainspring manually. Let's see how this goes. Lol

apcm

Very easy to wind down manually........ hold the crown whilst you release the click spring. Let the crown unwind slowly.