Sign in to follow this  
Eiderdaus

How to remove the movement from the case, Sub 16610

Eiderdaus

Hi,

have some noob question. Since I startet working on a watch I would like to remove the movement (copy 2836-2) from the case of a rep 16610 Sub

IMG_2957-1.jpg

When I remove the screws (there are two of them) it seems that there is a ring that holds the movement in the case. How can I remove this ring to get the movement of the case ?

sconehead

...there's normally three screws/tabs to remove...although I don't own the Rolex type 'clone' movement so maybe it's different?

Sometimes the case ring is a tight fit but if you place a piece of grease proof paper over the movement, place your hand over it and then invert the watch, it should come out after giving a few gentle taps on the crystal with your free hand...:(

Brightlight

Two screws and tabs on this one opposite each other. Unscrew and remove with tweezers. The rest is as Sconey says

Eiderdaus

Thanks Scone, you were right :( but there where really only 2 screws. Now I have another question, since this is a clone movement, i was buying a winding stem for 2836-2 since the old was broken. Now I found that the gen stem was too long and I cutted it to the exact size, but it will not work ;) Do you have an idea ?.

sconehead

Try the stem with the movement out of the case, if it works it's maybe cut too short. If it doesn't, try the old one. If the original doesn't you have to re-assemble the keyless works...

edit: just noticed the original is broken...:(

Eiderdaus

I think i need to read now the tutorial from Brightlight regarding the keyless work :(

trailboss99

Yup, you may have pressed down too hard on the stem release button.

With a bit of courage re-setting the keyless works is not an impossible task. We are here if you need help.

Col.

Eiderdaus

so, what´s really strange when I was trying to remove the date wheel

IMG_2978.jpg

I found another datewheel underneath the other one.

and...

IMG_2979.jpg

can I fix that ? one pin from the dial is broken as well

KBH

The date wheel overlay is to move the numbers over to match the Rolex dial. It will need to be reglued.

There are several options for the dial foot. First, there are replacement dial feet that can be glued on. Second, there is 2 sided dial tape. And third and easiest, is to use the one dial food and put a small dab of glue on the outside spacer ring approximately where the foot broke off. That will hold it in place. Just make sure you don't put on too much that will spread onto the date wheel.

Eiderdaus

IMG_2980.jpg

I am here...don´t think that I can put it together again...:(

trailboss99

If you managed to break it down you can get it back together mate, just follow the instructions above.

If needed, dial tape is here: http://shop.homage-watches-guide.com/index...p;productId=171

You are doing so well I'll ever wear the postage for you.

Col.

KBH

Something I learned the hard way I'll share with you. When I take them apart I always put the pieces down in order of removal and in the same position. And be aware that the last piece, the large one that gets screwed down>> The horseshoe looking end is a spring that keeps the winding gears meshed. You have to be sure that it's pushing against the piece next to it or the winding function will not work after you have it all together. Like I said, I learned that the hard way.

Eiderdaus

damned,

the winding screw is not fitting into movement

stems.jpg

it´s diameter is too big,

then I was moving on and i realised that there might be something not ok anyway with the movement ? the "sliding pinion(as I read for brightlights tutorial) is not filling the entire space, is that correct ?

sliding.jpg

and as i finished to put the parts together, i realised that on the "other side" something was not correct in place and decided to look after but now i got a piece where I don´t know how to put it correct back again

question.jpg

thanks for all the great help, do doing great guys

KBH

The .6mm stem is same as the older 2836-1 stem. Apparently, that's what you need.

The ??? piece gets flipped over and installed under the thicker piece (don't know what it's called) with the top spring in the picture will be catching the date wheel teeth. That's the spring that holds the date wheel in place. The screw that holds the two pieces together goes through the large hole in the center.

Also, the sliding pinion moves back and forth as the stem is pulled out to the different positions, so that looks OK.

Eiderdaus

yeah good , thanks, but I cannot see how to insert the part "2784" back again... I have no clue and there is nothing where it fits

Eiderdaus

is there maybe someone with a tutorial how re-assamble this part of the movement ? I stuck......can get this part back in the movement. re assemble on the keyless work was working...but now this...

thispart.jpg

Eiderdaus

i think this could be ?

correct.jpg

is it correct ?

KBH

The piece is slightly different on this movement but you should be able to see how it goes. You have it correct.

DSCN4333.jpg

DSCN4335.jpg

Eiderdaus

alright thank you so much, but now the next problem occurs. I don´t get the 2 wheels back on track...

Eiderdaus

no no no no......you won´t believe it....i finished everything but then i lost a scew...the last one...it´s gone.....oh no no no...

anyone knows if i get these at a watchsmith ? damned!!!!!!

screwmissing.jpg

KBH

The date wheel? If you haven't gotten it yet:

Put it over this side first:

keylesscompletedLarge.jpg

I use a razor blade under the date wheel to push the little spring while sliding it down over while the teeth on the date wheel are aligned with the teeth on part # 2595 on the oiling chart.

It will be much easier to get it on if you glue the overlay on after it's installed.

If you have a magnet, that's the best way to find those little screws that always seem to disappear. Just don't get it near any steel tools such as screwdrivers and keep it away from the movement.

Eiderdaus

it´s gone. any chance that this screw can be ordered ?

KBH

I don't know about ordering it but maybe somebody has a dead movement that can help you with it. Otherwise I would think a watch repair guy might be able to help.