Sign in to follow this  
Scavolas

42mm PO tube/stem/keyless issue?

Scavolas

I suspect similar issues have already been addressed with v5 Omega PO 42mm models, but I am afraid mine is a little bit different. I had my model through M2M a year ago and even the first time after receiving it, adjusting time and date, especially screwing back the crown felt a bit wobbly. After about half a year the stem/tube seemed to have gotten partially stripped.

The stem still could be pulled out two clicks and the crown is still firmly attached to the stem.

In the middle position date changing doesn't work because turning the stem in the desired direction feels stuck and I did not want to try this too hard. In this position the stem could be easily turned the other direction but the date would not change.

The stem in the offmost position could only be turned clockwise so that the hour and minute hands move backwards. Counterclockwise turning feels again very much stuck or meets very much resistance so again I did not try it too hard to strip it.

It requires a good amount of fiddling to find the innermost position of the stem to wind the movement but after finding it the watch could be wound by hand OK.

To push back the stem all the way again needs a lot of finicking against a springy resistance and this is usually successful when pushing inwards and turning backward simultaneously.

I suspect the tube threads and/or the stem thread is partially stripped and they need to be replaced by gen Omega/ETA parts. I hope the keyless works is not affected.

Unfortunately I have no proper tools to open the case and pull the stem out to check. Therefore, I am not even 100% certain that the movement is Swiss ETA (it was stated to be by my seller in M2M).

This uncertainty aside, if it is indeed a Swiss ETA movement, and the stem needs to be replaced, I would need an ETA stem, an Omega case tube and crown? Who would be able to do the repair?

Edited by Scavolas