Sign in to follow this  
speedzmaster

Rolex 1680 from Mary

speedzmaster

This is the 1680 that Mary found for me.

How does it look?

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

sconehead

...too new...:notworthy:

...RA and KBH will probably spot any of the major faults for you...:thumbsup:

speedzmaster

Other than the obvious (CGs, crown), the coronet on the bracelet clasp is too fat.

That's all I can see.

Experts, start chiming!

Compare with the gen photo collage found here.

(Bottom right is rep from same factory as Mary's.)

Edited by speedzmaster

Thefakemastersfanclub

Time to take the Dremel out and start chipping and scratch away. Get it dirty like fakemaster!! I would bake the dial like fakeymuffins!

Silverspeed

No idea about what, if any, flaws it may have...but it looks good

....hell it looks 100x better as it right now then when it's all beaten up :notworthy:

solkryssare

That is a PT sub that Angus came out with earlier this year. Overall it is a very good rep for the money. Insert could be faded a bit, CG's shaved and all edges smoothed out. Biggest flaw with this rep is the crown, its too big. Change that and do the above things and you have a great vintage Rollie. Its the only out of the box rep I know of with acrylic pearl, which is pretty sweet :notworthy: congrats on a great watch mate

Thefakemastersfanclub

These are great stress relieving reps. The best because you don't have to worry about scratching it. It is actually encouraged that you scratch and scuff the shit out of it. Beautiful rep! Enjoy it!

JoeyB

I like it. I like to let a new 'vintage' age with me. Gives an excuse to hang around longer...

I believe the crown is good, the Trip-loc was introduced on the 6538 model. The Crown guards do need straightening, and enlarge the case holes for the spring bars made to 1.3mm with gen spring bars. The usual lube the gaskets, and take the edges off the bracelet, and I think it's ready to go.

Very nice!

KBH

I agree with what has been said and I really don't know much about the nuances of these old ones. The biggest fault is the CGs which need to be fixed.

At least color wise, the dial looks pretty nice. I'm not sure about the case back. You need to check on the gen to see if the blank case back is correct.

ebzen02

I would soften the sharper edges a bit and sand the CG. The font could benefit from a softer tone and a bit of aging- but that would be the last thing I would do. I really like this 1680 model. Enjoy!!

speedzmaster

Thank you for all of the responses.

I'll tell Mary to proceed with shipment.

speedzmaster

Mary found a flaw that we all missed.

The crown wasn't able to screw in all the way.

She's getting me another one.

That's service!

andykim

As my thinking, the points of hour is quite big, if they made them a little more, maybe...is perfect. Anyway, there're any product of Rolex called "no-beautiful", i think so. So enjoy it my friend :P. It's very nice ^^