Sign in to follow this  
bubaye

[HELP!] Asian 2836 Dial Removal/Rotating + BP RolSub Bezel removal

bubaye

My Rolex Sub came in and I noticed the dial is misaligned and is slightly anti-clockwise. I would like to know how do I remove the dial to realign it or is it possible to just turn it while its still on the movement.

According to my knowledge:

To remove the movement you just need to remove the stem

To access the dial the hands are required to be removed.

Anything i miss out?

I also want to know how to remove the bezel insert. I tried to pry the bezel off with something sharp but it just seems like it doesn't grip into the space between the case and the bezel. Should I try harder or is there a proper method to it?

Edited by bubaye

J!m

A bit more to it than that, but it may just be that it can be rotated (the entire movement) in the case. This is a problem with low end watches that use a plastic movement spacer rather than case clamps.

BUT, even with case clamps, sometimes things are not lined up perfectly.

If it is off more than a inute or two, the dial will need to rotate. The stem often has some 'slop' in the crown tube to allow misalignment, but not a lot.

Pics please!

bubaye

20131228_212535_zps84fee64b.jpg

Also forgot to mention the Bezel is also out of alignment.

J!m

You need to figure out if the problem is the movement/dial location or the internal engraving that is out of whack... If the latter, it seems sanding it off is the go-to solution. Bezel is aligned with the dial now, so I don't know where the problem is. The seconds hand could be improved by pulling and re-setting the hand if that bothers you.

But, assuming the engraving is OK, the movement should be able to move the less-than-a-minute needed. I would get a metal movement holder and case clamps and screws. The bezel insert might be OK if clicked one click... Even Gen Rolex inserts can be off a bit...