Sign in to follow this  
Eiderdaus

Superluminova

Eiderdaus

Hi,

anyone knows which superluminova colour is used from rolex on 16610 ? is it C3 or C7 ?

br Eiderdaus

Eiderdaus

come on guys, where are the rolli experts ? before i order i wanna make sure that i buy the real color. and the dealer said that onl y rolex can tell.....

AustinTech

C7

Eiderdaus

afterlong period of silence...that was quick austin

Eiderdaus

it´s not...I used it few minutes ago. C7 daylights colour is more green. When I was ordering the colour it says C1 is whit, C3 is light green and C7 is green. I was thinking they mean that the lume is white and green. But now I am thinking that they really mean the dayligth colour. Next try will be watchlume from col i guess.

Wiz

High end watches usually have several layers of lume.

For example, you first apply a base layer of C7 with only 30% of binder to have a strong lume color when charged, and then an upper layer of C1 to have white looking material when not charged, but this time you'll use 70% of blinder to make it look smooth.

Eiderdaus

I will post some pics if someone is interested in

the dial before

dial_before-1.jpg

the dial back

dial_back_before-1.jpg

dialback.jpg

I nearly forgot the lumeshot

dial_before_reluming.jpg

removal of the markers

remove_dots2.jpg

remove_dots.jpg

remove_dots3.jpg

remove_dots4.jpg

remove_long.jpg

remove_triangle.jpg

all removed

dial_after-1.jpg

Superluminova C7 superluminova.jpg

came with an entire set

super-set.jpg

and I found a dealer in Germany so no excitments at the custom with the white powder ;-)

super-powder.jpg

Here a few shots for comparison

markerlong_comp.jpg

the dial at daylight. It´s not not really visible at this picture but the lume colour is green at daylight and if you look closely you can recognize it

dial_daylight-1.jpg

lumeshot at dark

dial_dark-1.jpg

compared to the noobmariner

comP_lume_noob.jpg

compared to the genuine

comp_lume_gen.jpg

her you can see that the gen looks a little brighter, that can be occured that there is no rehaut at the moment that is reflecting or due to wrong ratio of mixing....or....as wiz said that on gens there are several layers.

copm_lume_all-1.jpg

hour hand daylight

daylight_hand-1.jpg

and the lume for the hands in darkness

hands_relumed-1.jpg

In total I think I will need more practise and mixing but I think the lume is really bright and it´s an enhancement.

AllergyDoc

Being a lume fan, I think it looks great. I thought I read that lume guys mix C1 and C3?

Eiderdaus

thx doc btw, what kind of caseopener are you using ? with the 29.5 i have severe problems opening and closing the reps.

AllergyDoc
thx doc btw, what kind of caseopener are you using ? with the 29.5 i have severe problems opening and closing the reps.

screwball.jpg

:lol:

It's opened all but one watch. You're far more advanced as to watch mods and repairs than I ever hope to be.

Wiz
Being a lume fan, I think it looks great. I thought I read that lume guys mix C1 and C3?

Most people do that because it's easier to just mix pigments than to find the right composition and thickness for maybe 2 or 3 layers of lume.

Plus it's much more easy to apply a single layer.

trailboss99

Damn man, that's bloody good work!

Col.

Eiderdaus

thanks a lot col, was the first try. but now I know how difficult that is and maybe wiz has few tipps on how to apply 2 layers. Or I just buy the mix from watchlume. I guess the C7 is not wasted and maybe I can use it for somehing else. I think I will buy a PAM with sandwich dial just to use the lume and get practise. And a few hands to prepare for upcoming watches. Anyone knows the exact sizes of sub hands and where the best to order ?

Wiz

My "tips" are only the result of chats with watchmakers. I'm very far from being a lume expert! :lol:

TAGster

Great, great work mate!!

I was about to open a new thread asking for the experiences using the "Superluminova", but I now I know the "search" button is my friend, he he.

Just being curious: I´ve read mostly of gens comes with Superluminova, so after doing a quick google search, I came up with this website http://www.rctritec.com/index.php?id=13, so I have a question for you, is this the same product you used to re-lume your Sub right?.

And sorry for too many questions but I need to ask: which technique did you used to re-lume the markers?, did you scratch out all the old lume and then applied a new coat? or just applied a new coat over the old lume?. I have a Sub that I would like to re-lume, so it would be very useful for me to have an idea on how to apply the lume to the markers.

I understand you got your lume kit from a local dealer in your country (Germany), so other question here for you my friend (sorry again for too many questions): how did you locate that dealer?. As I mentioned above I´m willing to re-lume my sub and some other watches, but I want to use the best products available and if rc-Tritec can supply a "complete kit" that includes the binder and the tools to do it, I really would like to go with them.

Again, great work and great post, thank you for sharing.

Cheers!

Brightlight
Great, great work mate!!

I was about to open a new thread asking for the experiences using the "Superluminova", but I now I know the "search" button is my friend, he he.

Just being curious: I´ve read mostly of gens comes with Superluminova, so after doing a quick google search, I came up with this website http://www.rctritec.com/index.php?id=13, so I have a question for you, is this the same product you used to re-lume your Sub right?.

And sorry for too many questions but I need to ask: which technique did you used to re-lume the markers?, did you scratch out all the old lume and then applied a new coat? or just applied a new coat over the old lume?. I have a Sub that I would like to re-lume, so it would be very useful for me to have an idea on how to apply the lume to the markers.

I understand you got your lume kit from a local dealer in your country (Germany), so other question here for you my friend (sorry again for too many questions): how did you locate that dealer?. As I mentioned above I´m willing to re-lume my sub and some other watches, but I want to use the best products available and if rc-Tritec can supply a "complete kit" that includes the binder and the tools to do it, I really would like to go with them.

Cheers!

Tagster you will find Superluminova here - http://www.watch-tool.de/html/hand_remover.php?id=7055al

The old lume has to be removed, after removing the markers from the dial use thinners or acetone to remove the old lume.

TAGster
Great, great work mate!!

Cheers!

Tagster you will find Superluminova here - http://www.watch-tool.de/html/hand_remover.php?id=7055al

The old lume has to be removed, after removing the markers from the dial use thinners or acetone to remove the old lume.

Thanks a lot for your reply!!!

Cheers!!!