Sign in to follow this  
gB.

Anyone seen the movie INCEPTION?

gB.

I saw the movie Inception recently (staring Leonardo DiCaprio), and it was bad ass. Also noticed there were quite a few nice watches shown, although no brand names were featured, so no product placement being shoved down your throat. I made out the Oris BC3 Day Date that they showed a closeup of. Anyone seen the movie and make out what other watches they were showing?

AllergyDoc

I'm gonna see it this week. One of my sons said it was one of the best movies he's ever seen. (He likes movies that make him think. Go figure.)

Member X

I've heard it's like the Matrix but better?

I want to see it ;)

Ska

Fantastic movie! Saw it last night and was blown away. I'm a big fan of Christopher Nolan's work and this is one of his best IMO.

The casting was perfect and it was brilliant to watch a movie with a truly original concept and a complex plot without the usual gaping holes or obvious cliches (the one thing which ruined the end of shutter island)

Apart from anything else the film is visually and musically breathtaking with one of the best scores of recent times. (not that you'd expect less from Hans Zimmer who seems to bring his A-game to all of Nolan's films)

Anyway I loved it!

greg_r

hoping to get there this weekend if I can shake off this damned bug... Massive fan of Nolan - even his student film "following" was exceptional...

GC

Went to go see it on Mon night... very very sharp!

I can see the visual comparisons to The Matrix, yet the concepts are less provocative.

One of the better movies in the last 5yrs IMO.

Luthier

It remind me our forum...

;)

skintrade

Gonna catch next week, DiCaprio just gets better with age

gB.

@ Luth, look at the primary question of my post, and you'll see it is forum related...

:D

TAGster

Haven´t seen the movie yet, but I´ve been told is really good.

Anyways, talking about watches and movie, here is some info I got from TAG Heuer newsletter:

"LEONARDO DICAPRIO IN TOKYO YESTERDAY FOR INCEPTION MOVIE PREMIERE: AT HIS WRIST, TAG HEUER’S CARRERA CAL. 1887

Written and directed by Oscar Nominee Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight), INCEPTION is a virtual puzzle that takes the viewer inside the mind of skilled players of a treacherous new world of corporate espionage. Dom Cobb, played by Leonardo DiCaprio, wears a TAG Heuer Carrera watch (WV211B.BA0787) throughout the movie, and Nash (Lukas Haas) wears TAG Heuer’s Link (WJ201B.BA0591). The movie has also been re-mastered to offer an ultimate IMAX experience, with maximum sound and image quality, providing the world’s most immersive movie experience. So far reviews describe INCEPTION as THE defining movie of the year... Thanks to this movie, DiCaprio's image and awareness will become stronger and stronger."

Luthier
@ Luth, look at the primary question of my post, and you'll see it is forum related...

:)

I'm not talking about watches, gosh...

SubFrog

My wife fell asleep in the seat next to me. ....this tells me the film was GREAT! :)

I called it a cerebral thriller...you need to do a little thinking here. And that's what I like...unlike most of the mindless shite on the screen these days. I enjoyed this fresh concept that kept you guessing. Visually appealing and great score, as stated.

I wouldn't say it was my favorite film of the year, but it was entertaining enough to recommend.

Baldrick

Went to see it tonite, after 15 minutes, I thought I was in a dream, then I realised it was a 3x tier level nightmare, 1st level was 'how the fukk am I gonna get back the 2x hours I wasted on this drivel', 2nd level was ' how the fukk am I gonna get back the $20 buxx I wasted on this drivel', 3rd level was waking up and realising it wasn't a dream, it was real and I was down 2x hours and $20 buxx and it was worse than drivel.

Lots of pretty explosions, 'mullions; ( that's Scottish for there were more bullets fired than in the whole of the A Team series) of bullets fired at the good guys with little effect, whilst the goodies returned fire with devastating effect, killing everything that moved, lots of CGI land and dreamscapes, allied to slo-mo ( Matrix inspired) sequences, with scene and timeshifts that Steven Hawkings couldn't comprehend.

In essence, it was a POS movie that possibly only served to boost Christopher Nolan's bank balance and ego, this is a great movie if you're prone to spending 20+ hours in a dark room playing RPG's and you feel the world doesn't understand you, it was the centre of a do-nut, lots of stuff that's essentially junk around the edges and nothing in the middle.

Thank fukk I had Zulu and Alatriste to go home to.

Men of Harlech lie ye dreaming......

ebzen02

Baldrick.. That has been the best review I have yet to read. Thank you..lol

Tressles61
Baldrick.. That has been the best review I have yet to read. Thank you..lol

+1

Haven't seen it yet but your words, Baldrick, are ever so inspiring. Both Syskel and Ebert would be waylaid.

Baldrick

Did a little webwork to see what other's opinions of it were, found this hilarious interview with Tom Berenger, ( whom I really like ), he didn't get the plot at all ;)

The Wall Street Journal: How did you come to be cast in the film?

I just got a call from my agent saying they want to see you. They were really fussy about the script. They didn’t want anyone to see it. So I read the script in a room and then handed it back in. Then I went in and read my scenes only.

What was your first impression of the story?

I went, whoa. I took my time with it. I didn’t race. But I have to say, after I finished it, if anybody had interrogated me under torture to tell them what exactly the plot was, I’d be hard put.

Did shooting demystify the material?

One time I started laughing on set. The little girl, Ellen [Page], she goes, ‘Wait a minute, is this a dream within a dream?’ I went, ‘oh, yeah, good question.’ I kind of lost it. I talked to one of the other actors and he said, ‘I’ve seen it three times and it takes a couple of times for you to nail it.’

Some are hoping “Inception†saves what’s been a lackluster summer movie season.

It is a little more cerebral. But I don’t want to get cerebral trying to explain it. You just sound foolish when you do because dreams are more subconscious anyway, right? It’s interesting how important they were to the ancient world. The Egyptians, Greeks and Romans put a lot of stock in them… Of course the most famous one is Sitting Bull having a dream about Custer’s Seventh Cavalry falling from the sky, and interpreting that as they were going to defeat the cavalry.

Did the film make you pay closer attention to your dreams?

I did have this dream -– it was kind of a nightmare but not the worst kind — where I was trapped inside a car in an empty parking lot. The doors were locked and I couldn’t get out and it felt really claustrophobic. Which most of the time I feel on airplanes because they’re so small and crowded now. You fly on one of those three-seater planes — my God, the seats are really small. I thought they junked all these planes a decade ago.

Do you like all the special effects that have taken over filmmaking since you began?

I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing a movie that is no special effects and that’s shot as straight as could be. But, hey, what are you going to do? This film does have some pretty killer action sequences. It isn’t like it loses any of that. There’s a chase scene in Morocco. There’s a lot of that stuff for the summer movie masses.

What’s up next for you?

Nothing.

IMDB says you’re in this film coming out in the fall called “Faster.â€

I don’t think so.

It’s with you and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson.

Oh, alright. They changed the title. I can’t keep up with it.

:rofl:

Classic ' the rent check is due' !