Sign in to follow this  
Dumspiro

The first of the AP 2011's to be 'ready for shipping' in January

Dumspiro

Coming very soon to a TD near you.....

Gen picture below. Final pictures of rep not yet available.

AP-ROO-chrono-timepieces.jpg

This is from Puretime who are not TD's here.

But as is the way I expect it will be with the other TD's very shortly.....

1:1 Replicated from a genuine Royal Oak Offshore 44mm Forged Carbon as sample, not from the SS version but from the FC version itself so this watch is made as accurate as it can be. It is made by the same maker who makes also the best Forged Carbon Diver V3, the maker further improved the case finishing and CF manufacturing process to make the case even more close to the genuine.

$768 + shipping for a pre-order without pics of the final model is a bit steep even for an AP fanatic...

http://www.pureti.me...-edition-a7750/

nyckid

Ahhhhh This is why I love AP :P

cwazy1

fuckkk 800$????

Dumspiro

yeah, and this is the cheaper price; it goes up by $30 for the next batch

Kal-el

OH MY, OH MYYY :drool:

Wriggles

800 dollars for a rep, and pre-release as well without even seeing it? Fucking rip off IMO

TheInthusiest

WAAAAY TOO MUCH.... But god it's fucking sexy.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

There is a long thread on this one over on RWI started by Sharrkey

http://www.replica-w...ad.php?t=168253

I want one of these ..... really want one of these.....

BUT .... First i´m not spending any $800 on something sight unseen.......

Ok... if it´s from the same manufacturer as the FC.... then things sure sound hopeful ......

It was made using a Gen FC as a sample ... but AP have stopped making the FC in favour of ceramic case.....

What can someone tell me is the CF manufacturing process..... is that ceramic ???? great news if it is........

I will be watching this one like a hawk.....fingers crossed.. its accurate and a goodun !!!!

For $800 ..... i´m expecting.... and anticipating a Great watch !!!.... please repper fac... do not dissapoint !!

Pob

Lol 800$ for a rep is just crazy IMO! And by the way there is nothing special about that watch that will make me pay that much, but that is just what think.

Looks nice and all but just not that good!!

Electron17

$800 is way beyond my budget and as Pob said there is nothing special about this watch.

James.

$800 for a preorder without seeing the rep pics, with a case made from a notoriously difficult material especially given the loq QC of the Chinese rep factories, and one of the few 44mm AP ROO's so it's not like they're using the existing 42mm ROO molds... gimme a fkin break!

In the scheme of things, $800 aint much, but for an unseen, difficult to make rep, I think i'd rather take my chances with batch 2 after seeing the damned thing.

BTW to the Marauder from Andorra, the factories are making it a habit of producing new AP models at ever increasing prices that dont always reflect the quality, the $800 doesn't necessarily guarantee a great let alone decent watch, especially with AP on the rep boards a lot of people expect damned near perfection and rightly so for their outlay, but the smallest little oversight can often become inflamed into an all out overblown flame war. I'm hoping it will be great, the survivor was a decent job. Still wish they'd do the bloody legacy correctly first!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Ok... so they are making it in FC... and the pics of the actual watch case do look very very nice......

but... i still want to see the dial... and for that matter the finished product......

I will wait till it´s out and not going to pre order and save $30...

I would rather spend $30 more and not gamble with wasting $800

James.

Lol 800$ for a rep is just crazy IMO! And by the way there is nothing special about that watch that will make me pay that much, but that is just what think.

Hey Pob, don't you have a TC with a gen clasp? :lol:

$800 for a rep with no gen parts is taking a bit of the piss, though. TC sub, gen insert for that, easily. Franken PO's, SOSFs etc etc

Pob

$800 for a rep with no gen parts is taking a bit of the piss, though. TC sub, gen insert for that, easily. Franken PO's, SOSFs etc etc

Yes i do have a gen clasp on my TC :boxedin: but i enjoyed building that watch and it was my decision to buy extra parts, but this here is just stupid! 800 for out of the box rep that doesn't look so special!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

it appears that the upward spiral in prices...that I have been reading about ......not in keeping with cost of production ......shows no sign of abating !!!!!

How when TT can sell a fab H fac FC for $398..... can this be justified....

I guess they are testing the water...... if it´s good and we buy it.....

We make a rod for our own back !!!!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Yes i do have a gen clasp on my TC :boxedin: but i enjoyed building that watch and it was my decision to buy extra parts, but this here is just stupid! 800 for out of the box rep that doesn't look so special!

if it´s close to Gen..... IMO.... it´s special......

Nearly bought the Gen 18months ago .. I thought it was that special... but went Panda gen in the end....

This could....... save me a fortune ....hehheheh

Pob

it appears that the upward spiral in prices...that I have been reading about ......not in keeping with cost of production ......shows no sign of abating !!!!!

Just what i wanted to say!

They are testing us and if we are stupid and pay the price they will be happy, if not price will go down very soon!

One thing for sure, i'm not buying this!

Chavezzito

Somebody needs to sink one of the bezel screws for the gen in the picture...as for paying 800 for that...umm....nope!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Somebody needs to sink one of the bezel screws for the gen in the picture...as for paying 800 for that...umm....nope!

Nice spot....

That picture of a gen should be used to pacify some of the rep OCD members...

Not that it would help of course

James.

Just what i wanted to say!

They are testing us and if we are stupid and pay the price they will be happy, if not price will go down very soon!

One thing for sure, i'm not buying this!

This is the problem though guys, They will only drop prices if people dont buy, but these AP runs are ltd to a few hundred, over the 100k+ members on the various rep boards (discounting dual members etc) there'll easily be the 300 odd required to perpetuate the production, looking forward the price is only going to go one way. Factor in the odd Chinese raid, factory closure, rise in parts/movement costs and in a few years we may be looking back thinking to ourselves "Shit, $800 was a bargain!"

Pmat

$800? I'm out.

Pseudonym

I don't mind paying money for a quality product. If everything was indeed 1:1, including a decent attempt at a cloned movement, hell, I just might be tempted, however, they've got more chance of seeing Jesus if they think I'm parting with that kind of cash for something unseen.

Just my 2 pennies.

P.

Pseudonym

Another pic of the gen... Sexy sexy.

AP+ROO+Novelty+Carbon.jpg

Kleen™

That is just stupid money!

ATEspo

I was so in for this one but $800+ for a replica with no gen parts is stupid.

How can they justify $800+? The FC Diver from the 'same maker' is $528, so the 44mm ROO uses the same type of case, so they can't say its more because of the case, and its just a A7750...so they can't justify it there, where does the $800+ price tag come from, because the gen is $30,000+??? I mean come on, I surely thought this would be priced around $588/$628, and at that price point I would be all in, but for $768/$798....

Here is Angus's reason behind the price:

Anyone has given a second thought to the price does not know the values of this watch' date=' I can say this is a SUPERB price, I really hope someone purchased the Gio's AP FC ROO GP can say something here.

1. This watch is 1:1 repped from a genuine FC ROO44 which cost about 30K USD. You are now paying 2.5% of the original price.

2. The FC pattern is almost identical to the genuine, check the first image (gen) on my site and the rest of the rep pics.

3. A rep SS AP Diver is US$3xx and a rep FC AP Diver is US$5xx and I dont see a problem while the SS AP ROO (not even the 44mm) is at US$5xx and the FC ROO44 is at US$7xx

I am not talking anyone into this watch, only who sees the value of this watch will buy this watch and they wont even think a second before they pull the trigger.

Thanks guys :)[/quote']

So let me comment on his reasoning

1. Who cares what the GEN cost, we know the gen FC divers cost $23k+ and the reps are under $400 and just over $500

2. FC Pattern on the FC Diver v3 is pretty danm close to gen, at least in mine it is as well as others i've seen

3. Yes, the SS AP Diver is $3xx, the FC Diver is $528, how can you justify $268 price increase...

Okay, maybe I am just bitching because I really want one but dont think I will spend $800 on a rep when I can get into a gen with a swiss movement and a good warranty for the same price or less...I dunno I guess you have to pay to play in 2014...