Sign in to follow this  
Dumspiro

The first of the AP 2011's to be 'ready for shipping' in January

nuwanda

That first picture is NOT a gen.

The marker @9 is completely crooked and the dial is off center and the screw @4 is off place.

No no.....

Edited by nuwanda

NFleischer

Nice but $800 is too much. Angus is a shrewd guy, constantly pushing the envelope because everyone at Repgeek thinks he's a rep Guru.

BTW, how many of you guys remember the HBBB Tuiga for more than $1000 6-7 years ago!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

$800 for a preorder without seeing the rep pics, with a case made from a notoriously difficult material especially given the loq QC of the Chinese rep factories, and one of the few 44mm AP ROO's so it's not like they're using the existing 42mm ROO molds... gimme a fkin break!

In the scheme of things, $800 aint much, but for an unseen, difficult to make rep, I think i'd rather take my chances with batch 2 after seeing the damned thing.

BTW to the Marauder from Andorra, the factories are making it a habit of producing new AP models at ever increasing prices that dont always reflect the quality, the $800 doesn't necessarily guarantee a great let alone decent watch, especially with AP on the rep boards a lot of people expect damned near perfection and rightly so for their outlay, but the smallest little oversight can often become inflamed into an all out overblown flame war. I'm hoping it will be great, the survivor was a decent job. Still wish they'd do the bloody legacy correctly first!

i couldn´t agree more..... for the price ... I am expecting great things.......

But i´m sure as hell not buying one .....till I know what i´m getting for that money......

At that price 14 or so reps....a few mods and delivery charges... and your looking at the price of a decent 2nd hand AP ROO.....

i´ll buy this one If it´s a super rep only

and if this is the way prices are going... i´m grateful I got in when I did and bought as much as I did...... as I will be curtailing rep purchases......

but..... not my involvement here.......hehe... i´m afraid to say !!!

It is only my purchases here that have satisfied... or perhaps just delayed my purchase of my Holy Grail Legacy Gen

Ironic hey.... that as AP lower some of their prices 17% ..........the facs put them up in excess of 50%

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

I was so in for this one but $800+ for a replica with no gen parts is stupid.

How can they justify $800+? The FC Diver from the 'same maker' is $528, so the 44mm ROO uses the same type of case, so they can't say its more because of the case, and its just a A7750...so they can't justify it there, where does the $800+ price tag come from, because the gen is $30,000+??? I mean come on, I surely thought this would be priced around $588/$628, and at that price point I would be all in, but for $768/$798....

Here is Angus's reason behind the price:

Anyone has given a second thought to the price does not know the values of this watch' date=' I can say this is a SUPERB price, I really hope someone purchased the Gio's AP FC ROO GP can say something here.

1. This watch is 1:1 repped from a genuine FC ROO44 which cost about 30K USD. You are now paying 2.5% of the original price.

2. The FC pattern is almost identical to the genuine, check the first image (gen) on my site and the rest of the rep pics.

3. A rep SS AP Diver is US$3xx and a rep FC AP Diver is US$5xx and I dont see a problem while the SS AP ROO (not even the 44mm) is at US$5xx and the FC ROO44 is at US$7xx

I am not talking anyone into this watch, only who sees the value of this watch will buy this watch and they wont even think a second before they pull the trigger.

Thanks guys :)[/quote']

So let me comment on his reasoning

1. Who cares what the GEN cost, we know the gen FC divers cost $23k+ and the reps are under $400 and just over $500

2. FC Pattern on the FC Diver v3 is pretty danm close to gen, at least in mine it is as well as others i've seen

3. Yes, the SS AP Diver is $3xx, the FC Diver is $528, how can you justify $268 price increase...

Okay, maybe I am just bitching because I really want one but dont think I will spend $800 on a rep when I can get into a gen with a swiss movement and a good warranty for the same price or less...I dunno I guess you have to pay to play in 2014...

What complete and utter :bollocks: and tripe that is.......

I haven´t been here that long but can figure out Gen RRP has sweet FA to do with Rep pricing.....

On that basis the RG RC I just bought for the bargain $528 will be available after the anticipated price hikes in line with Gen AP RRP for $ 1,500

Please form an orderly queue

....... He would be better off not commenting ... just saying that is the price... than giving ridiculous reasons ... and taking us for fools

nuwanda

Too many problems, issues, flaws, defects, short longevity, lack of warranty, lack of watchsmiths for reps.......to paid that amount of money for a rep.

Reps are toys.

Everything has limits, including toys.

Edited by nuwanda

SSTEEL

Coming very soon to a TD near you.....

Gen picture below. Final pictures of rep not yet available.

AP-ROO-chrono-timepieces.jpg

This is from Puretime who are not TD's here.

But as is the way I expect it will be with the other TD's very shortly.....

1:1 Replicated from a genuine Royal Oak Offshore 44mm Forged Carbon as sample, not from the SS version but from the FC version itself so this watch is made as accurate as it can be. It is made by the same maker who makes also the best Forged Carbon Diver V3, the maker further improved the case finishing and CF manufacturing process to make the case even more close to the genuine.

$768 + shipping for a pre-order without pics of the final model is a bit steep even for an AP fanatic...

http://www.pureti.me...-edition-a7750/

I'd be pissed with this Gen if it were mine. See screw pointed to in yellow :P

11837825065_d1e859f5ac_b.jpg

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Come on SS... what else do you expect....... I get screwed every time I buy a f..kin Gen

Kleen™

LOOOL - damn' good point, Ssteel. Didn't notice that until you pointed it out....:-)

SSTEEL

:P My OCD got the bette rod me, but as rightfully mentioned on page 1, that genuine AP photo should indeed be brought to the attention of those who moan about the bezel screws in their reps. :)

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Angus of PT now has pics of the dial and movement on line... no actual complete watch yet though........

Hands on sub dials are cream at the moment... hope they don´t stay that way,,,,, as they should be red.....

otherwise looks good to me so far..... but curious to hear what the expert fault finders here see.......

James.

2nds @ 12 subdial hands are cream, maybe he just picked up a bucket lead of those :lol:

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Good guess James.... just heard on the RWI grape vine this will be addressed...if they are then

So help me --- for my big mouth ....... I will probably be pulling the trigger in the morning....

RichardMiami

grapevines

previews

pre orders

does anyone remember that we are talking about Chinese replica watches?

There is no way that I will ever be talked into paying that much money for a rep. It is insanity.

Good luck to those who buy it... it will never be me.

I love the arguement that the gen costs a billion dollars, therefore the rep is a bargain.... good grief!

Any comparison to list price of the gen is completely fallacious. First of all, we almost all know that the prices of the gens are horribly overinflated

Second we all know that with just a small amount of effort, we can get fairly good discounts off the list prices anyway.

Third, there is not a chinese replica that has the materials, movement and workmanship of the gens.

Fourth, and not least, the QC and consistency of manufacture of replica watches is horrible.

Given that.. why fall for this obvious marketing hysteria to pay $800 for a rep? Guys, that is all that it is, marketing nonsense. Almost every rep is hyped as made from 1:1, original dissected as sample, yadda, yadda, yadda. This watch will be no different from any of it's predecessors.

We need to enjoy this hobby for what it is, and not try to make it into something it is not.

I own quite a few reps, and a growing stable of gens, and I enjoy ALL of them. But I tend to keep my head screwed onto my shoulders when it comes to how I spend my money.

[/rant]

Jonnybaws

I would/will def. buy a rep of that watch.

But not without seeing it first..

And def. not at that price!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Richard...you are right in every last word you have written......

if this weren´t 2nd on my Gen to buy list... it would make life so much easier......

Thank you for being the voice of reason in my reckless head.......

I guess if I jump and get it wrong..... i´ll live with it...... or put it on M2M....

but for now the gun is back in its holster... thank you

P4GTR

one or two more highly anticipated watch pre-orders and Angus could cut bait and retire into hiding. He's close to half a million easy, just between this AP and the Black Bay alone.

RichardMiami

Richard...you are right in every last word you have written......

if this weren´t 2nd on my Gen to buy list... it would make life so much easier......

Thank you for being the voice of reason in my reckless head.......

I guess if I jump and get it wrong..... i´ll live with it...... or put it on M2M....

but for now the gun is back in its holster... thank you

I am here to serve the needs of our members!

:D

SMP_from_RWI

I'll wait for the ss version.

_DC_

God I hate ROOs, hideous monstrosities! Even Genta himself thought so, as some junior designer had bastardised his beautiful design!

That's enough ROO bashing, lol, it better be a phenomenally good rep for that price!!!

DC

jgoorn

And I thought $200 was too much.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

God I hate ROOs, hideous monstrosities! Even Genta himself thought so, as some junior designer had bastardised his beautiful design!

That's enough ROO bashing, lol, it better be a phenomenally good rep for that price!!!

DC

DC.... I never read up on things that are of no interest to me.......

feel free to come out of the closet whenever you feel comfortable...... :giggle:

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Great spot over on RWI... amongst other things this was the one that got me.....

The markers on the dial are way too long...... unless they are cut back .....the tachy will sit on them quite proud...

Unlikely the fac will make cutouts in the tachy and would look crap anyway if they did... and inaccurate.....and too time consuming for those tight, cost cutting ,over charging bs.. tds

Why allegedly buy a gen ... and get stuff so wrong.......

So Richard....... for now ..........even a couple hours of patience has served me well......

FuzzyCoyote

That is nice. Would like to see the gen before I make up my mind on how I feel about the price of it though :)