Sign in to follow this  
Dumspiro

The first of the AP 2011's to be 'ready for shipping' in January

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

That is nice. Would like to see the gen before I make up my mind on how I feel about the price of it though :)

You will have to find an older last years model in FC .... as AP aren´t making it any more.... there are still a few lurking about though.....

The rep is FC .......and the Gen black is now a ceramic case.....

mr-z

1 the baton @3 could have been made closer to the rim on the dw like gen

2 the hands@6/9 are black with a red tip and @12 hand black with white tip

3 logo incorrect shape to gen

4 the batons longer then gen and wider lum then gen

Collagecompare44mm_zpse20b9e7c.jpg

James.

Looks like there's quite a bit more work to be done by the factory before this becomes half decent

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Looks like there's quite a bit more work to be done by the factory before this becomes half decent

Looks like on RWI..... the Gen tachy ring now does have a gap between the markers and the dial... my guess if it is true... is to create the illusion of depth ......

although It still looks to me like the markers are cut to size on the pic above.... but a pic on RWI shows a gap in the gen

The pendulum swings again.......pistol in pocket.... hand at the ready to draw fast ..... :giggle:

Never had this much sense of anticipation with a Gen.... when I had the frikkin money...... I just went in and paid........

James.

Reminds me of the classic 57th thread on the geek

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

So...... AP now seem to have the FC 44 back up on their website... sitting along side the ceramic......

Do the facs have a good line in with AP......

Or have AP finally caved in and decided to follow the facs ..... :giggle: :giggle:

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

null_zps1092873d.jpg

notice gap round tachy to dial... Gen.... btw

mianos

Really nice but, like the FCC DIver, the pre-order photos bear very little to the final product. I've learnt from my mistake, no pre-order. But I still like it.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Really nice but, like the FCC DIver, the pre-order photos bear very little to the final product. I've learnt from my mistake, no pre-order. But I still like it.

Enlighten me..... I have both FC Divers.... and they are both amazing........H fac and V3....

Was yours a different model... or was the first batch crap..... ??

parisianshut

will there be a SS version of this ? i am waiting for months for a decent ROO Chrono without numbers...

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

will there be a SS version of this ? i am waiting for months for a decent ROO Chrono without numbers...

Only hearsay... form what i´ve read... but supposedly they will in due course be rolling out all the models..... SS RG Ceramic ....although the ceramic case will be pvd coated SS...

so for me i´m SS and FC.... if they´re up to scratch... sorry about the pun !!

baxter

Reminds me of the classic 57th thread on the geek

true and for all the wringing of hands, obsessing over details and gnashing of teeth the 57th turned out to be a pretty nice watch.

I really like this one but i do agree that for $ 800.00 they need to turn out a very good product.

A big issue for me is paying $ 800.00 for a watch with " that " movement !! (although so far all the chronos i've had have been fine and i believe they have improved the reliability) ..... can't say i'm not tempted though !!

parisianshut

Only hearsay... form what i´ve read... but supposedly they will in due course be rolling out all the models..... SS RG Ceramic ....although the ceramic case will be pvd coated SS...

so for me i´m SS and FC.... if they´re up to scratch... sorry about the pun !!

thank you ! i am really looking for the SS or CERAMIC version of this. but 800 .. c'mon.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

so the story over the other site , for anyone who is intersted

Noob apparently are now trying to rush out their 44 DLC, SS and RG

Competition like that can only benefit the end user... well in the real world anyway.

let the games begin

wrenches&watches

Waiting aaaannnnd watching. V5 should be ready by December at this rate. Let the games begin in deed.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

I can see it now.... the latest show to be aired on Discovery Channel

REP WARS !!!

Courtesy Sharrkey !!

So Noob have really pulled their finger out in the face of V3/J12 ( Channel )fac releasing their FC 44

Angus will have a finished sample of the Noob 44 today sometime... supposedly..... not known of it will be SS/DLC RG or SS

My guess is it will be SS.... the guesstimates I´ve heard are around the $650 mark......

but we should know soon enough....

Then hopefully in a few days angus should have an actual V3 /J12 fac FC

Good healthy competition should hopefully benefit us end users....you would hope in accuracy, coz it certainly isn´t on price !!!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Having the Gen to copy from is such... an amazing marketing technique..... It´s built up to be such enormous financial outlay towards the dedication to producing the best rep possible

Everywhere I see... 1:1 replicated from an original AP...Like the Trailer for a newly released $400m blockbuster film ... on the threads it talked about and mentioned with such reverence .....

The reality is one of two things... either a few people somewhere in China , simply have the most amazing and valuable AP collection

OR

The reality is that an AP is purchased... pre owned at a substantial discount.....remember, these models have been out well over two years.... so probably have been purchased at up to 40%....discount off RRP....Or bought at an AD (my AP AD gave me a straight 25% last year )

It is then dissected .. photographed in pieces in all its glory .... put on a 3D imager... and put back together by people who know exactly what they are doing, and then can be sold on making a loss of only a measly few thousand dollars.......

I´m not going to do the maths here...... but boy in the scheme of things..... against the revenue coming in ..... the cost doesn´t even represent mere pennies...

Yet we all get sucked into the marketing machine.......

All the hard work was done by AP... all they have had to is copy it.....and in the modern world of manufacture the real cost of doing this once the Gen watch is sold.... Is sweet F...k All

and we ... were in awe of their financial outlay... and the supposed financial risk they take to produce an accurate rep......

How silly.....

machiavegli

$800 rep = regret

acetone

They seem to always justify these crazy prices with the "its a 1:1, Genuine XXX watch dissected" headline.

Dumspiro

Pre-order for the 2 Noob versions now being taken. Prices now in line with previous models at $598 & $578

DLC version at $598

AP2014011202-01.JPG

Panda at $578

AP2014011201-01.JPG

They do look pretty good; having to resist quite strongly here....off to check credit card balance.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Resistance is futile......

Feed the addiction.....

I have already ordered the SS 44 Noob ......and the V3f /J12 Channel fac 44 FC ... (they need to change their frikkin name)

I just couldn´t order the Noob DLC SS... for me it just has to be in original materials.. if it ever comes out in ceramic...i´llfor sure be on the list... !!

this comparison pic was posted on RWI... gives a good indication...... not great lighting on the rep Noobs as they were taken outside on the wrist as sample shots...

but it gives a good enough idea.. for me anyway... to take the pre order risk !!

i guess I will be the guinea pig here... and will of course post as soon as I have them to hand

(hope zero-deficit doesn´t mind)

AP44comparisons_zps132c96c0.jpg

onzenuub

Not in 800 years paying $ 800 for a fucking rep. Next step wil be there wil be prodiuced reps of reps. ! on 1 with the rep that was 1 on 1 with the gen.

Jonnybaws

Pre-order for the 2 Noob versions now being taken. Prices now in line with previous models at $598 & $578

DLC version at $598

AP2014011202-01.JPG

Panda at $578

AP2014011201-01.JPG

They do look pretty good; having to resist quite strongly here....off to check credit card balance.

That's certainly a better price point!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Not in 800 years paying $ 800 for a fucking rep. Next step wil be there wil be prodiuced reps of reps. ! on 1 with the rep that was 1 on 1 with the gen.

I will be looking at those rep of reps.....very closely too..... and will probably be a member of the forum that discusses them as well :giggle:

The big question is...... will the members of this forum be looking down their nose at me buying reps of their fabled rep pieces :giggle:

wrenches&watches

Boob looks good, can't wait to see your reviews of them, AE.