Sign in to follow this  
Dumspiro

The first of the AP 2011's to be 'ready for shipping' in January

wrenches&watches

Haha, Noob I meant, damn auto correct. Boobs are always #1 on my mind though.

Pseudonym

The big question is...... will the members of this forum be looking down their nose at me buying reps of their fabled rep pieces :giggle:

Each to their own mate. The only qualm I have is buying off pre-order. I'd rather see some decent pics and maybe a review.

jgoorn

God I hate ROOs, hideous monstrosities! Even Genta himself thought so, as some junior designer had bastardised his beautiful design!

That's enough ROO bashing, lol, it better be a phenomenally good rep for that price!!!

DC

Exactly. I totally agree. But let's keep our ranting to the nice patek sanctuary.

splking

Is it me or is the Noob version of the ROO in black defective. On the video it appears the dial @ 6 does not reset to the 12 marker when he starts/stops the chrono and it's not in the correct position in the first place. At first I thought he had just started the stopwatch, stopped it and not reset, but after viewing the short clip it appears thats not the case. Not very confidence inspiring if you ask me. I am leaning towards the forged carbon rep dare I say it, punchy, but the exchange rate is helpng :-P

H

http://www.pureti.me/product/pre-order-royal-oak-offshore-44mm-dlc-noob-11-best-edition-a7750/

Edited by splking

wrenches&watches

Defective chronos and blue screws on a poorly decorated movement... Bitch please!

Pseudonym

I promised myself I wouldn't get too excited about this rep, and I'd be sensible... Having seen this thread develope it really has made me think twice about ordering before general release. But I'm gonna stick to my guns and wait.

That movement is particularly poor- come on makers! Get it sorted and get it decorated to look even a little more presentable! Even just change the damn blue screws!!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

the video of the noob version :

http://www.dailymoti...11202_lifestyle

Perfect for you.... the SS has come in at a sensible price.....

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

$800 rep = regret

No regrets... no matter what... life is too short......

only advantages....If I like them I keep them

If i don't like either... it goes on M2M .. and someone else bags a bargain...

FuzzyCoyote

$800 rep = regret

No regrets... no matter what... life is too short......

only advantages....If I like them I keep them

If i don't like either... it goes on M2M .. and someone else bags a bargain...

Yup yup. Defo keep me in mind if one of your APs go up for sale (rep ones, lol) you have a great collection

Pseudonym

I really do hope they do something with that movement... Few gens as reference:

ybevery8.jpg

4yhuqusy.jpg

Khronos

These prices are taking the one of the most important variables out of equation...they're trying us out and if we fall into this trap, we're screwed in the future. I could never look at myself in the mirror without feeling like a fucktard if I ever bought any kind of rep for 800$, when I can buy this:

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/TRITON-100-ATM-black,258.html

instead. I mean, just look at the specifications and the lume!! Rep factories are pushing it, there are over 50000 members over here only and they smell the fresh blood, but they're forgetting that most of these guys join this great comunity because they want to enjoy the designs they admire for a REASONABLE price and some of us just because we could never afford a gen Breitling or an Omega...

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

. I could never look at myself in the mirror without feeling like a fucktard if I ever bought any kind of rep for 800$,

Seeing my Reps in the mirror... sure makes me question my having Gens...

Nothing will ever make me feel like a f...tard though ....

Might I be. "One chip short of a Happy meal"..... possibly :giggle:

_DC_

. I could never look at myself in the mirror without feeling like a fucktard if I ever bought any kind of rep for 800$,

Seeing my Reps in the mirror... sure makes me question my having Gens...

Nothing will ever make me feel like a f...tard though ....

Might I be. "One chip short of a Happy meal"..... possibly :giggle:

I gotta agree with you there, much as I still maintain my deep seated hatred for the Offshores, I'd spend $800 on a rep of a Patek that I truly loved if it was a really good quality rep. I've seen plenty of people spend that much modding or buying a modded Submariner and they are one of the more attainable gens (for someone with a spare $800 to waste on a rep perhaps)!!

What I certainly wouldn't do is buy that fuck ugly Steinhart, for any money!!!

DC

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Email received this morning... payment received.... order being processed....

Will it won't it make DHL EMS berfore CNY.....

I sure fell for Angus's sale pitch

PRE ORDER OR.....

Achmed_the_Dead_Terrorist_by_Kalesta_zps5e6456dc.jpg

James.

ybevery8.jpg

4yhuqusy.jpg

If someone can't tell it's a rep after examining the dial, DW placement etc and need to look at the movement, I doubt they're savvy enough to even notice that the movement is obviously rep

James.

I also have to say i'm super disappointed these have the raised "ring" around the DW. Well, I wasn't going to get one anyways.

wrenches&watches

Agreeing with DC, that Steinhardt is child's play. Looks like it would adorn the wrist of a desperate wanna be at the club, dressed head to toe in oversized orange clothing because he says he spent time locked up and got use to the color.

SMP_from_RWI

what about this steinhart, does it look same child play ?

It's a really nice hommage to heritage chrono with a nice effort on decorating the 7750

465045146racetimer_grau_01.jpg

wrenches&watches

Nope, that one has a nice Carrera feel. Don't get me wrong about Steinhart, I have seen nice IWC homages and a sweet bronzo but the one linked is just not for me. Looked like a beloved gen in this forum that I won't dare slander, starts with an S as well.

Pseudonym

ybevery8.jpg

4yhuqusy.jpg

If someone can't tell it's a rep after examining the dial, DW placement etc and need to look at the movement, I doubt they're savvy enough to even notice that the movement is obviously rep

I was thinking more along the lines of personal enjoyment as I agree with your points completely...

Let's take the clone P3000... It's beautiful to look at. As an engineer, I love the beauty in a movement- seeing all the pieces doing their job. Working along in perfect equilibrium with a common goal... Ok ok, that's a bit frilly to describe the mechanics of movement, but you get my point...

The A7750 favours function over form in a sense and isn't the prettiest to see through a case back. Even if they changed the damn screws from blue would be a marked improvement...

At the $800 for one of these I expect super rep quality right out the box. I don't think we as the masses should then have to mod it to make it so...

Just a silly man's askew perspective of how he sees things. :)

P.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Not that anyone here seems to be buying the 44... but

Angus just sent out a message confirming the 44's will definitely be going out before CNY...

The RG is available as well.... just order the DLC and drop a note stating RG....

Bit of a risk as no pics up at all..... ... just FYI

Pure B

A friend of mine wants to buy the RG version, any idea when there will be pictures availlable Andman?

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

A friend of mine wants to buy the RG version, any idea when there will be pictures availlable Andman?

I don't think there will be pics on PT's website any day soon... so If he wants one before CNY he will have to take a punt and get a good idea of the product from the pics of the three on the website.... or just wait till mid Feb

it looks like the stock will come in and be shipped straight out within a day....

If he does want to order.. at best he has a day or two left to make his mind up..

Info courtesy of .. Sharrkey RWI

ege3any4_zpsc312dca8.jpg

I will of course only be reassured once I get my PC's and my FC and SS have been shipped...

myaz

$800 rep = regret

How true....one becomes pickier in proportion to the price, and that's quite a lofty price.

Way beyond my comfort zone for rep prices.