Sign in to follow this  
Dumspiro

The first of the AP 2011's to be 'ready for shipping' in January

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

$800 rep = regret

How true....one becomes pickier in proportion to the price, and that's quite a lofty price.

Way beyond my comfort zone for rep prices.

I guess you are right in many respects......

Except.... there is only one FC coming in at close to $800.. the fc....

If people, as they seem to be at the moment, talk with their wallets, then the price of this FC should "technically " drop ....

There are two Noob versions that fall well within the prices of other High end AP's at $570 ish so why is everyone only focussing on the FC @ $800.......

$800 is very steep.... but for me... I'm still buying a rep of a $36,000 watch...

Where it gets crazy to me.... is when a few heavily modded reps... Rolxe, Omega, etc.. start to approach the cost of a good pre owned Gen...

If I ever want the Gen of this AP... Ima gonna have to stump up a further $30K... so the rep to me ain't madness...

Although as an addendum..... I do think the facs are taking the piss on pricing !

acetone

Yea.. 800 USD for reps is way too much... Even for a "perfect" rep. This is probably going to set a precedent to justify selling them for > 1k.

James.

You can get as much joy from a $100 rep as from a $800 rep. It all comes down to expectations and your interpretation of the word "value"

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

see... exactly what I just said... everyone just harps on and on and on about the $800 FC.. ignoring the two other new releases

There are two more 44 's at similar prices to existing AP reps....

James .....There is an unnecessary and implied inference in your post.

I never said that you couldn't get pleasure from a $100 rep.....

Are you just reading my post... but just seeing what you want to see ??

No where did I mention good value... I simply said it's not madness to me .

I also said it was a steep price for the FC.......

You tell me ... surely on a thread about a specific model.. i should be writing about that model in detail....

and not harping on and extolling the virtues of the $100 rep !!!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Yea.. 800 USD for reps is way too much... Even for a "perfect" rep. This is probably going to set a precedent to justify selling them for > 1k.

went back a couple of years ... and looked at pricing......wow they were a lot cheaper then..... funny how through the effluxion of time people today have become accepting of price levels that a few year ago were frowned upon......

Not saying i'm happy with it.... but we are to some degree powerless against market forces !!

_DC_

Fuck the Steinhart, when it comes to gens this is a far far better use for circa $700

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=69253

Tell me I'm wrong?!?

DC

Kleen™
Fuck the Steinhart, when it comes to gens this is a far far better use for circa $700

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=69253

Tell me I'm wrong?!?

DC

Partially!

That Longines IS a great gen for the money.

But you're wrong in your generalisation of the Steinharts. They are absolutely stunning quality for the price you are paying - but I only like their simpler designs/homages, as I find a lot of their own designs very confusing...

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=69253

Tell me I'm wrong?!?

DC

The Longines is lovely and sure is good value... and of course brings into question and doubt the price of some reps.....How couldn't it

We should not belittle the significant amount of incredible engineering that goes into many of the reps..

Then again.... it astounds me reading of people putting $1,000 OEM straps on their reps.....

I guess we all spend our money in different ways....

_DC_

Tell me I'm wrong?!?

DC

The Longines is lovely and sure is good value... and of course brings into question and doubt the price of some reps.....How couldn't it

We should not belittle the significant amount of incredible engineering that goes into many of the reps..

Then again.... it astounds me reading of people putting $1,000 OEM straps on their reps.....

I haven't spent quite that much on a fen strap, but I can see why people would, having owned a gen patek strap on my Nautilus it was like a completely different watch, and so comfortable, it's well worth spending money on!!!

DC

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Tell me I'm wrong?!?

DC

I haven't spent quite that much on a fen strap, but I can see why people would, having owned a gen patek strap on my Nautilus it was like a completely different watch, and so comfortable, it's well worth spending money on!!!

DC

LOL.. I guess it just supports what I said about spending our money in different ways...

I can't bring myself to put an OEM strap on my Gen AP.... but have used AP bands instead...

There are some areas I cannot help myself but be incredibly cheap...not referring to watches btw

it's a funny old world

Also thought you should be the first to know..... new pics of the FC 44 just been posted with rotor on... looks amazing IMO .... LOL :giggle:

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Looking good.. latest pics on the FC 44... rotor as well.... bad news.. will not know till tomorrow if they will make it out for CNY

DLC and SS may get out in time though... so I hear

Courtesy Sharrkey

6y8yjepy_zpsca70e5d4.jpg

ynaneru5_zps933898ff.jpg

gesudage_zps5985cce5.jpg

Pseudonym

Yay!!! No blue screws!!

Rotor looks good.

acetone

Agreed! That rotor looks good

James.

see... exactly what I just said... everyone just harps on and on and on about the $800 FC.. ignoring the two other new releases

There are two more 44 's at similar prices to existing AP reps....

James .....There is an unnecessary and implied inference in your post.

I never said that you couldn't get pleasure from a $100 rep.....

Are you just reading my post... but just seeing what you want to see ??

No where did I mention good value... I simply said it's not madness to me .

I also said it was a steep price for the FC.......

You tell me ... surely on a thread about a specific model.. i should be writing about that model in detail....

and not harping on and extolling the virtues of the $100 rep !!!

I'm not going to even bother responding to anything specific you've diatribed above except to say that I wasn't actually referring to anything you posted. I don't even bother reading your posts anymore, they're just too painful to bother decyphering.

Believe it or not, not every single thing people post on RWG has something to do with you or your opinion. There's really no need to become so defensive to anyone who posts in a thread you've taken part in. Take a chill pill and drink some tea or something. Or not, and continue working on that sweet reputation you're building. I really don't care either way. As Gin Rummy once pontificated; "I just don't give a fuck".

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

I apologise for the accusation...having read the post again... in my haste I did not see the post in between ,

What I thought was innuendo , was a reply to the previous post.

baxter

Was in london after the GTG yesterday so went and tried on all three gens in Harrods, (probably the FC and ceramic were nicer than panda ) ................... amazing watch i'll post a thread later.

I also tried on the FC diver ,,,, the only real diffs from my V3 were the forged carbon was a little lighter and the hour hand was more visible ( whiter )

baxter

Tell me I'm wrong?!?

DC

Partially!

That Longines IS a great gen for the money.

But you're wrong in your generalisation of the Steinharts. They are absolutely stunning quality for the price you are paying - but I only like their simpler designs/homages, as I find a lot of their own designs very confusing...

+1 got to handle Dels 44mm pilot at the weekend ... a really amazing watch

Pseudonym
Was in london after the GTG yesterday so went and tried on all three gens in Harrods, (probably the FC and ceramic were nicer than panda ) ................... amazing watch i'll post a thread later.

I also tried on the FC diver ,,,, the only real diffs from my V3 were the forged carbon was a little lighter and the hour hand was more visible ( whiter )

:popcorn:

flyboy744

Resistance is futile......

Feed the addiction.....

I have already ordered the SS 44 Noob ......and the V3f /J12 Channel fac 44 FC ... (they need to change their frikkin name)

I just couldn´t order the Noob DLC SS... for me it just has to be in original materials.. if it ever comes out in ceramic...i´llfor sure be on the list... !!

this comparison pic was posted on RWI... gives a good indication...... not great lighting on the rep Noobs as they were taken outside on the wrist as sample shots...

but it gives a good enough idea.. for me anyway... to take the pre order risk !!

i guess I will be the guinea pig here... and will of course post as soon as I have them to hand

(hope zero-deficit doesn´t mind)

AP44comparisons_zps132c96c0.jpg

For both the FC and the SS, I thought the marker at 3 position is a dead give away….

Realism

another one of these AP ROOs? Genta is rolling in his coffin

JohnG

Believe it or not, not every single thing people post on RWG has something to do with you .... Take a chill pill and drink some tea or something. Or not, and continue working on that sweet reputation you're building.

:lol:

fatarms

Coming very soon to a TD near you.....

Gen picture below. Final pictures of rep not yet available.

AP-ROO-chrono-timepieces.jpg

This won't contribute much, just an observation about the pic of the gen in the OP. :lol:

Is that screw at 4 supposed to be flush with the bezel? Looks like it doesn't match the rest of them in terms of depth.

Dumspiro

Coming very soon to a TD near you.....

Gen picture below. Final pictures of rep not yet available.

AP-ROO-chrono-timepieces.jpg

This won't contribute much, just an observation about the pic of the gen in the OP. :lol:

Is that screw at 4 supposed to be flush with the bezel? Looks like it doesn't match the rest of them in terms of depth.

You're right but commented upon earlier....posts 31ish onwards. Gens have issues too.

Easily missed :) as the thread has sidetracked a little into a love/hate outpouring for AP's and the expensive reps that have followed.

Audemarlover

niceeeee!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

FC will now not be available till after CNY

FC I think is the one to have.....but the SS and RG look amazing so far..

My QC pics for RG an SS... THESE HAVE ALREADY BOTH BEEN APPROVED

IMG_3665_zps6c9d86f8.jpg

IMG_3666_zpsf40b4ce1.jpg

IMG_3669_zpsffb52014.jpg

IMG_36702_zpsf4612372.jpg

IMG_3050_zps57aa1e7f.jpg

IMG_3051_zps01f8bcb6.jpg

IMG_30541_zps98696b38.jpg

IMG_30551_zps3a8e96e9.jpg