Sign in to follow this  
Dumspiro

The first of the AP 2011's to be 'ready for shipping' in January

deathnote

$768 + shipping :o, LOL...I think in about 12 months time reps will reach $999, ridiculous.

Pseudonym

Looking the dogs dangly's Andman!

One small observation... Blue screws. Earlier pics had indicated non coloured screws. Easy fix if you have the know how. The part # are posted on here and are available from cousinsUK

Wear'em well!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Thank you Pseudonym.... I'll live with the screws for a bit and then send to Domi to do his stuff...

WP, AR jewel mod, screws..

Very impressed so far....and both of these Noobs are at the same price levels as existing top end rep AP's

James.

FC will now not be available till after CNY

FC I think is the one to have.....but the SS and RG look amazing so far..

My QC pics for RG an SS... THESE HAVE ALREADY BOTH BEEN APPROVED

IMG_3665_zps6c9d86f8.jpg

IMG_3666_zpsf40b4ce1.jpg

IMG_3669_zpsffb52014.jpg

IMG_36702_zpsf4612372.jpg

IMG_3050_zps57aa1e7f.jpg

IMG_3051_zps01f8bcb6.jpg

IMG_30541_zps98696b38.jpg

IMG_30551_zps3a8e96e9.jpg

Hey Andman, you're likely not aware but members aren't allowed to post QC pics on RWG. Considering it's a brand new rep and everyone wants to see it, there may be an exception but you may want to PM whichever mod is online to clarrify.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Hi James......

Thanks , was aware... but thought, as you say new model ,first pics and stated that the QC's were already approved it was ok.

I will PM mod

Mazz

The qc pics are ok he's not asking for a critique just showing the new modle

James.

The qc pics are ok he's not asking for a critique just showing the new modle

Brilliant, cool heads prevail in situations like these, everyone should be allowed to drool over a new model.

mr-z

here is gen to compare the tapisserie .. .. why did noob but use the same as deep tapisserie like on there ss version !! and the media blasting on the pusher on all version .. should have used more coarse blast like all the gens !! i hope they address both issues .. on later versions !!

389d9856-6e76-4aa3-993b-6c2ab824985d_zpsebb5ec2b.jpg

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

lovely close up of the Gen..

no doubt that sorta stuff will get addressed as soon as the 'money go round' needs a little spin again

The blasting on the pusher on the QC shots is a little blurred..... be interesting in a week or so to see the reality...

Pseudonym

One thing I did notice... Z Fac (J12,V3... Whatever they are called) have installed the movement with SS screws in the FC version. Referencing the Noob editions. They still have blue... Not sure why this has become such a thing for me?

I was always leaning to the FC more than the others... Rotor colour seems more like gen also.

y9yby6u6.jpg

Andman... When are you likely to receive your SS & RG? Would be interested to see what AR is like.

Likely I'll pluck for FC once available.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

One thing I did notice... Z Fac (J12,V3... Whatever they are called) have installed the movement with SS screws in the FC version. Referencing the Noob editions. They still have blue... Not sure why this has become such a thing for me?

I was always leaning to the FC more than the others... Rotor colour seems more like gen also.

y9yby6u6.jpg

Andman... When are you likely to receive your SS & RG? Would be interested to see what AR is like.

Likely I'll pluck for FC once available.

The rotor bearing on the J12 Channel fac FC is a whole lot better.. and no blue screws....

The FC is in my opinion the one to go for... not only as being closest to gen, but it will be so much more comfortable to wear....

The 44 even on a big wrist... the pushers can dig in a bit during the course of a day.. this doesn't happen as much with the FC being so light..

it's quite a discreet watch even though it's 44.. it doesn't scream..... If you want something with a little more presence the SS could tick the box...

My SS and RG are in transit and if they get out of China before CNY I could have them in 7 days I guess... I'm anticipating single AR minimum on all three

The FC I don't reckon i'll get till late Feb early March....

Pseudonym

I'm a lefty so wear my watch on my right wrist so no problem with pushers.. 44 isn't an issue either, I've got a couple of 48's that fit well.

Cheers for the ad-hoc info.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Being LH sorts that one out... thought I should mention it... know two people who own SS, both complain about the pushers..

I'm RH and have a 48 Hublot oceanographic rep... it's more akin to wearing a large diving weight...but could care less about a bit of discomfort.. I love the watch

Freepower

The CF was Amazing

Dumspiro

Ch-Check It Out

002_zps749c9671.jpg

010_zps7f569fdf.jpg

012_zps368869a1.jpg

When this addiction finishes there will be one mother of an M2M sales posting.

In the meantime though!

44mm on a 7.5" wrist.

These are top quality ROOs in my humble opinion.

Movement on these two is great so far & both watches were running as they came out of the box.

Crowns are a nice ceramic.

Date & time set; smooth.

Maybe its early days but I have many ROOs (far too many) and have only had one watch with wobbly seconds hand.

None have stopped working so far but I do rotate through these and others regularly.

Chronos are both fine. (Black dial running in pics)

Both reset to zero correctly.

Double AR on the black dial looks like the first mod requirement...

Straps and buckles comfortable; v similar (if not identical) to the Diver.

Caseback is the main criticism I guess as the movement doesn't deserve viewing. No problem really as I tend to keep my watches on my wrist or in the box.

Lastly and a little surprisingly very comfortable and not as heavy as I thought it would be.

:thumbsup:

Pseudonym

I'll keep an eye out on M2M!

They look amazing... Wear'em well!!

t0ny

Ch-Check It Out

002_zps749c9671.jpg

010_zps7f569fdf.jpg

012_zps368869a1.jpg

When this addiction finishes there will be one mother of an M2M sales posting.

In the meantime though!

44mm on a 7.5" wrist.

These are top quality ROOs in my humble opinion.

Movement on these two is great so far & both watches were running as they came out of the box.

Crowns are a nice ceramic.

Date & time set; smooth.

Maybe its early days but I have many ROOs (far too many) and have only had one watch with wobbly seconds hand.

None have stopped working so far but I do rotate through these and others regularly.

Chronos are both fine. (Black dial running in pics)

Both reset to zero correctly.

Double AR on the black dial looks like the first mod requirement...

Straps and buckles comfortable; v similar (if not identical) to the Diver.

Caseback is the main criticism I guess as the movement doesn't deserve viewing. No problem really as I tend to keep my watches on my wrist or in the box.

Lastly and a little surprisingly very comfortable and not as heavy as I thought it would be.

:thumbsup:

very nice mate! enjoy :)

are you able to advise how many grams the watches weight?

mr.pizza

800$ for a watch with the irreparable flaw ... the open caseback i think it's a lil exagerated. Otherwise this is a super hot watch. But is it only me that i see the tachyring is not proper aligned on almost every rep that i saw till now ?

Dumspiro

These were both under $600...

I have also seen a few on the RG where the tachy ring is misaligned.

mr.pizza

When i said 800$ i meant the FC version.

LondonBB

Having only recently become a bit of an AP fan I admit I'm tempted by the DLC and FC versions.

I have to say I do find all this comment about how much to pay for a rep a bit odd. Personally I'm not buying the watch because it has an AP logo on it, I'm buying it because I'm not keen on paying multi-thousands for the gen version, which I view as being both overpriced and a waste of money, but I am interested in the possibility of buying a similarly styled watch for a fraction of the price. In other words when I buy I'm not buying a "rep" but paying for a watch to use (because that is indeed what it is, at the end of the day) for a given amount of money which I view as a fair exchange. The reason I don't buy Stainharts or any others is quite simply because I don't like them, the designs don't appeal. If the quality of the high end reps such as AP were poor it would be different, but they're not - they are very well made indeed, easily as good as most of the lower end, similarly priced brands.

Del Boy

Thank god I already have a 57th, or I really would be in the crap now with the bank...

splking

Have you recieved your FC already? It looks awesome. Congratulations. Can you post more pics of the watch (front & back)?

H