Sign in to follow this  
P_Diddy

Ball Engineer Master II

P_Diddy

Hi

I am considering getting a pre-owned Ball Engineer Master II for about 40% off list price.

Ball Engineer Master II

What's your opinion on this watch? Love it or hate it

Apparently it has VERY Strong lume that lasts a LONG time. [its phenomenal from pics I have seen, stronger than Omega Seamaster 2254!]

Anyone seen a gen Ball watch in the wild and can confirm the LUME?

Cheers

PD

Guanaco

lol P_Diddy loves Balls!

:thumbdown:

lol j/k, I really like it, go for it!!!

Brightlight

Don't you need two of those unless you're Hitler :thumbdown:

I like it, but I wouldn't pay that for a watch with a 2836-2 movement unless the diving capabilities were going to be VERY useful for me.

P_Diddy

I think the nearest most of us get to diving, is desk diving certainly no more than 2 feet under the desk to pick up dropped pen! :thumbdown:

Don't you need two of those unless you're Hitler :rofl:

I like it, but I wouldn't pay that for a watch with a 2836-2 movement unless the diving capabilities were going to be VERY useful for me.

Brightlight
I think the nearest most of us get to diving, is desk diving certainly no more than 2 feet under the desk to pick up dropped pen! :thumbdown:

Don't you need two of those unless you're Hitler :rofl:

Exactly! Bottom of a swimming pool is my limit. :rofl: I'm not into lume, quite honestly if I want to see the time in the middle of the night I look at my radio alarm/clock. If I'm out in the dark, then the mobile phone does that function. Thus it boils down to, for me, a nice looking watch with a 2836-2 for a lot of money!

skintrade

I am not bothered about lume either but it is a good looking watch but I have limited knowledge of the brand.

Member X

I quite like some of the Ball stuff, the tritium gas tubes would be cool :thumbdown:

I don't think lume would be that strong compared to just-charged superlume, but it does last all night so it depends what you want it for!

I'd check that elitedealseeker webpage to see if any have been sold on the forums to check the price :rofl:

graman

I like it!

There are a few Balls out there with Tritium AND superlume...can't remember what though...just remember reading it in a Watchtime a couple of years back.

Tritium isn't as good as superlume for brightness, but it does last longer...

If it floats your boat mate, go for it!

trailboss99

Ball make great watches and are one of the last US watch companies.

Long lasting lume? Sure is PD, about 20 years! It's got a motza of tritium gas tubes for lume so it is luminescent, not luminous

meaning the lume does not require recharging with a light source but glows on it's own. Actually guys this thing has so many

tubes it's practically a torch. Tubes are a lot brighter than the old tritium powder and there are 53 of them in this beauty.

It's also shock resistant to 5000Gs. I like it!

Col.

Brightlight

Lucky we're on here, we wouldn't be allowed to talk Balls on RG :thumbdown:

AustinTech

Ball makes some tough ass watches. That one is a little to busy for my style, but still a very unique and cool look. If you like it, go for it. Especially if you like lume. I've seen two in the wild and the lume is very good. It's not super bright but it stays lit all day and night for 20 years. The quality control is supposed to be excellent.

P_Diddy

Does this literally mean wearing inside a dark cinema is a NO NO unless you wear longsleeve shirts? :(

Ball make great watches and are one of the last US watch companies.

Long lasting lume? Sure is PD, about 20 years! It's got a motza of tritium gas tubes for lume so it is luminescent, not luminous

meaning the lume does not require recharging with a light source but glows on it's own. Actually guys this thing has so many

tubes it's practically a torch. Tubes are a lot brighter than the old tritium powder and there are 53 of them in this beauty.

It's also shock resistant to 5000Gs. I like it!

Col.

Member X

LoL

You wish :D

It's good - it's not that good! :(

P_Diddy

This Ball Diver uses ETA 2836-2 to display "Day and Date"

Does the ETA 2836-2 suffer from the same problems as 7750 movements, ie "don’t set the day and date between 7 pm and 2 am"

Thanks

Member X

I'm sure it does. Best to not risk it, just in case...

And if you need to change the day/date between those times, just move the time to 6 and do it, then move the watch on to the correct time.

Ped

Did you end up buying this P Diddy?

David543

Yeh I'm interested too. I've got two Ball watches myself and love them! At 40% off I would have been tempted!

Ped

They are few and far between used, I had to buy new, the lume is awesome

David543
They are few and far between used, I had to buy new, the lume is awesome

@Peedog

Which Ball watch have you got?