Sign in to follow this  
mulder

Allow me to introduce myself

mulder

Hi Everyone. My name is David and I live in Australia. My reasons for coming here are simple. Late last year I bought a replica Tag Heuer and even though it is a good replica I can tell its not real. The added bonus with this watch is that it keeps fantastic time. I wish the band was a bit longer but for the money its not a bad watch.

I found this site whilst searching for more info on a watch I am after and after reading some of the post here I realise I have a lot to learn.

My mate moved to China this year and I mentioned to him I was after a watch. He sent photos of watches available to him ( slightly out of focus, I'll have to teach him about focus) but the prices were high and the watch was not exactly what I wanted (he said they have over 10,000 watches but not the one I want, I didnt think a U-Boat in the colours I want would be that hard). They did look good and he said you cannot tell the difference between them and the real thing.

Now having looked here I realise the prices he said are not as dear as I first thought if I want a good replica.

So why am I here? To gather as much knowledge before embarking on spending my hard earned cash on another watch. I realise that by reading just a small amount of posts here that I have a lot to learn. Terminology used is is mind blowing but I learn fast.

I will be lurking for quit a while. I probably will not post to much or make comment as I know virually nothing and my comment would be a waste of time to most here.

I look forward to reading and looking at the pictures of the beautiful watches.

Regards

David

:D

wencarnacion

Welcome to the forum from Dom Rep, If you really love watches this will be your favorite website.

Edited by wencarnacion

pollux1

Welcome mate, all I can recommend is read read, and read some more! A lot of people want a quick fix but honestly the more you learn about watches the more fascinating the subject becomes.

Oh and you're in good hands cos there's loadsa Aussies here too!

greg_r

Welcome to RWG! :(

trailboss99

Hey hey! Welcome mate. Where in OZ are you?

We have a list of Aussies across all the rep fora (I admin 2 of 'em) and hold get togethers all over the shop.

Where in China is your mate?

Col.

Luthier

Welcome to the Gorum, Dave!

Post questions, you'll see, how fast answers will be twisted to boobs...

:(

But you'll get all knowledge you need, that's for sure.

mulder

Luthier thats the funniest thing I have heard. Twisted to boobs ha ha ha.

Hi Trailboss Im located in the Hunter Valley of NSW. My mate is in China but exactly (he did tell me) Im not sure as I forget where he said. I'll find out. I know he went to work for Levi's in China then left them to go out on his own again and is dealing in safety equipment and promotional gear. I know he flits alot between where he lives and Hong Kong. The watches he showed me were from some shop in China that he reckons is the best one and apparently not just anyone can shop there. I dont know why that is, I can only has at a guess. The photos he supplied are a bit grainy and out of focus but if your interested I can post them here.

Thankyou everyone for your welcoming words.

Regards

David

Silverspeed

Welcome from the other side of the globe...

dingle
I probably will not post to much or make comment as I know virually nothing and my comment would be a waste of time to most here.

and? what's the difference from the rest of us? :P

welcome to the nuthouse :lol:

KBH
I probably will not post to much or make comment as I know virually nothing and my comment would be a waste of time to most here.

and? what's the difference from the rest of us? :P

welcome to the nuthouse :lol:

Yeah, Dingleberry had 2000 posts before he knew the difference between quartz and automatic movements. By 2500 they made him a mod. Please feel free to post whatever you want. We're not watch snobs like some other places.

Sorry DB. I couldn't resist.

mulder

I can see Im going to like it here. You lot are hilarious!

dingle

and? what's the difference from the rest of us? :D

welcome to the nuthouse :P

Yeah, Dingleberry had 2000 posts before he knew the difference between quartz and automatic movements. By 2500 they made him a mod. Please feel free to post whatever you want. We're not watch snobs like some other places.

Sorry DB. I couldn't resist.

tis' true.....:lol:

graman

Welcome to the forum mate!....Another Aussie, to balance out the Swedes!

Where you from mate?

:aussie:

k3rm87

Good to see another Aussie on the forums mate! Hello from Queensland...

You'll learn pretty quickly if you read alot, shouldn't be hard if you have a genuine interest in watches.

Welcome mate

:lol:

Edited by k3rm87

KBH

Does everybody in Australia wear reps????

Why is there more Aussies here than members from the whole North and South America combined?

greg_r
Why is there more Aussies here than members from the whole North and South America combined?

:P

?

:lol:

dingle

?

:lol: :P

JoeyB

¡¡ǝıssnɐ ʞɐǝds ı ¡¡ʎǝɥ

¡¡ɹǝpun uʍop puɐן ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ɹǝpןnɯ ǝɯoɔןǝʍ

¿ǝʍoɹɔ ןǝssnɹ ǝʞıן sʞooן ssoqןıɐɹʇ ʞuıɥʇ noʎ op grind.gif

Member X
The photos he supplied are a bit grainy and out of focus but if your interested I can post them here.

Welcome to the board :D

Please do post the pics!

mulder

Fair Dinkum and Stone the Crows you lot are funny,

Right here are some answers.

Im from NSW, Hunter Valley to narrow it down.

Why are there more Aussies here than you can poke a stick at? In Oz we get ripped off to the max with the money they want for watches. An example. I was looking at a Citizen Watch and the RRP here (Recommended Retail Price) was $1300AUD. I can get one from the USA delivered for just over $500. Thats a $800 saving. My own navihawk was $999 RRP here and I got it for $326 landed in OZ. Is it any wonder why we look for watches Overseas rather than buy them here? You can only imagine the $$$ for Omega, Rolex, U-Boat etc here.

I have a friend that has a real Breitling Watch (The band alone is $700 to replace and his is starting to break) that his wife bought him for their anniversary. He also has a rep and he says the rep keeps better time than the real one. Go figure.

I dont know if Trailboss looks like Russel Crow as Russel is from New Zealand not Australia. We are better looking than Kiwi's! ha ha ha ha (Just kidding)

These are the photos sent to me by my mate in China. I apologise for the quality. I obviously didnt take them.

Thanks again everyone for your kind welcome and yes I love watches.

uboat1.jpg

uboat2.jpg

uboat3.jpg

Fiddo

Hello David! :D

Welcome!

skintrade

Hi and welcome :D

Member X

That subdial spacing looks like a quartz to me, so not accurate to gen, but they do look nice if you're not bothered about 100% accuracy :lol:

mulder

Thanks Memeber X for that. I know everyone reckons theirs is the best product I am not in a position to offer than kind of judgement considering they are in the $250 to $300 price bracket.

I have never been a Rolex fan but seeing some of them on here makes me drool a liitle plus a couple of Breitling have made me take a double look.

I may change my mind and get something else other than a U-Boat yet. Only time will tell.

Thankyou everyone for your kind welcome.

David

Member X

Are they really in that price bracket? Each??

If they're quartz, that seems a LOT...

Ask your friend if they tick once a second or have a smooth seconds hand sweep. If it's once a seond, it's quartz.

Start a new topic with the pics so more people see them and can comment because I'm not an expert on UBoats! lol