Sign in to follow this  
Daywatch

Which 3 reps for 20 days Business/Leisure Trip EU? Help pls.

Daywatch

Hi Guys, would appreciate some suggestions/help on which 3 reps You would take on a 20 day trip within multiple EU countries.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Must admit I am somewhat amazed by 2 recent threads here on the forum suggesting to take only one and better not a Rolex

(customs etc.) or to just take the Seiko/ Citizen and leave all/most reps at home.

Hey what do we have them for? I need them with me, miss them. I want to change watches, between business meeting/ trade fair/

formal lunch/ dinner invitation/ cocktail/ party/ going out at night/ being introduced to different people/ pool/ walking/ sports

there are lots of things going on from 08h to midnight plus Weekends.

And all this just with the Seiko? Can´t do, I am having big troubles just choosing 3....too big , not formal enough, too formal, not sporty, too fake...

Which 3 Reps would You take if You were to travel?

Any help is very welcome.

JohnG

2 recent threads here on the forum suggesting to take only one and better not a Rolex

(customs etc.)

As someone who has always had to have extra pages added to his passport, I can tell you this is nonsense. I wouldn't carry a dozen reps, but two or three, absolutely, do it all the time. I have NEVER had any watches challenged, rep or gen, never even had a customs official look at my wrist much less the reps in my luggage.

Some people are just paranoid. Could you have a problem? Sure. You could also be detained because facial recognition software confuses you with a terrorist. Possible, but not too damn likely.

Travel with whatever you feel like, relax, and leave the paranoia to others.

As to what I take - I always take my Rolex Milgauss, Omega Aqua Terra and usually a Pam homage or my Breitling Super Avenger.

Cheers

greg_r

^^ this. I used to travel a lot and generally took two or three watches with me (usually one on my wrist and two in a travel case in my hand luggage).

I wouldn't try to take a rep into Switzerland, but most other European countries won't be bothered.

As for what to take, well it depends on what you have and what you like best. These days when I travel I tend to take my gen Longines, a Panerai of some sort and a dress watch (Rolex DJ, Cartier Santos or the like).

Pseudonym

If I'm travelling, I always take A GMT. Easy peasy timezones. If I were limited to 3, I'd say a SS sports model of some sort, a dress watch with a none evasive strap, and a nice show pony... If your GMT is either SS Sports like a Rolex, or a dress watch, you might only need 2...

Personally I normally take a weeks worth if I have to travel. Reminds me, need to invest in a new travel case for said weeks worth.

P.

Daywatch

Thanks so far, really appreciate specific brand/model recommendations of what You have well used so far when travelling to take a better look and put them on my to-get-list.

cannon_fodder1010

I take my JLC MastBr geographique when I go to the EU but I'm always in a suit. I don't know what I'd wear for casual. Maybe my UN?