Sign in to follow this  
plankton

First AP Carbon Forged Diver for me ordered 6:30 today

plankton

Went with the latest Forged Carbon Diver from PC. Joshua got me into it. Anyone have one and care to share your experience. From first impression it may need some AR work??

Plankton

cont from first post edited.

3120_back_zpsd37cf0d6.png

15706AU_00_A002CA_01_zps5820ab2f.jpg

plankton

I cant seem to locate a v5 diver, help please.

plankton

I'd like a review?

Pseudonym
I'd like a review?

Use the search button :)

plankton

Would like more info. Joshua really likes this watch build.

FuzzyCoyote
I'd like a review?

Use the search button :)

There's lots of looking, reading and learning that can be done here. There is already a wealth of knowledge written down. Make the effort to look and reap the rewards...

However. Toro does a great V5 that is worth a look if you are seriously considering. This has high praise throughout the forum...

http://www.torobravos2013.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=878

Edited by FuzzyCoyote

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

V5 etc... is SS..not FC

The FC Diver H fac is sold by perfect clones..

V3 FC is sold by Toro

both versions are amazing,... FC version a little cheaper...

See PC's thread showing a dissected H fac

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=50086

Pseudonym

Don't You mean SS is a little cheaper?

H Fac Forged Carbon Diver: $398

Z Fac Forged Carbon Diver V3: $528

V5 SS Diver: $338 if I remember correctly.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Don't You mean SS is a little cheaper?

H Fac Forged Carbon Diver: $398

Z Fac Forged Carbon Diver V3: $528

V5 SS Diver: $338 if I remember correctly.

No

I Was only commenting on the FC divers... as per the header on your thread.....it was late and was supposed to read H fac is a little cheaper of the two

I have all three... I know all the prices....if you want SS... it will be the least costly option....correct

You will be happy with any of them.... all top draw.

My V3 is my fav of all my reps... more wrist time than my gens at the moment

plankton

I did the Forged Carbon (black ceramic with yellow detail on dIial) from PC- Josh. I have never ventured to far away from my Pam's and Rolex reps. I hope I like it.

It comes with a clone 2824 which is a cool movement.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Congratulations..... top purchase.... I hope but am also sure you will love it.... it is so cool, distinguished and subtle all at the same time...

The H fac is imo an absolute steal bearing in mind the the Channel fac just bought out a 44m FC at double the price......and again imo there is little extra you get on the V3 for the extra money..

I haven't read anyhere of anyone being seriously underwhelmed or unimpressed with the FC and in many peoples opinion was the rep of the year...

I now have 11 AP reps and a few gens... and I keep going back to the Diver...

Edit

Both h fac and V3 going in soon to Domi for AR and WP.... so yes a worthwhile mod

Jonnybaws

I did the Forged Carbon (black ceramic with yellow detail on dIial) from PC- Josh. I have never ventured to far away from my Pam's and Rolex reps. I hope I like it.

It comes with a clone 2824 which is a cool movement.

I have the same one, bought from TT, in short, I love it..

Great feel, nice "wrist presence", great movement, looks great, great PR 40 hours+

In short, what's not to like, I'm sure you'll love it..

tottenham

The V5 from Toro always looks great

LondonBB

Although I've bought many watches until recently the only two styles I kept are Rolex DeepSeas (had several) and the Breitling Seawolf with yellow dial. However within the past month I've bought two AP Divers, first the FC and then the SS V5, both from Toro and reviewed elsewhere. I really like them and they are both keepers. If I had to make a choice it would be the SS, but they are both very good quality indeed. A pleasant surprise was the rubber straps which can be dire on reps, but the AP ones are of awesome quality and I wouldn't dream of replacing them.

The FC is currently with Kenny for relume of hands plus waterproofing. The hour hand in particular is awful, the lume being a grey colour, such that even in dull daylight its extremely difficult to see.

As you may gather, I recommend both or either.

plankton

Guys, your all great! I'm looking forward to this one. I think a great sports watch, great! I will do the AR as soon as I get it used to my wrist.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Although I've bought many watches until recently the only two styles I kept are Rolex DeepSeas (had several) and the Breitling Seawolf with yellow dial. However within the past month I've bought two AP Divers, first the FC and then the SS V5, both from Toro and reviewed elsewhere. I really like them and they are both keepers. If I had to make a choice it would be the SS, but they are both very good quality indeed. A pleasant surprise was the rubber straps which can be dire on reps, but the AP ones are of awesome quality and I wouldn't dream of replacing them.

The FC is currently with Kenny for relume of hands plus waterproofing. The hour hand in particular is awful, the lume being a grey colour, such that even in dull daylight its extremely difficult to see.

As you may gather, I recommend both or either.

agreed

The strap on the FC is so close to gen it's unreal in looks and feel... far far better than on the ROO RC rubber... that looks ok ish but just doesn't feel right and cut it

Hour hand as you also say is hideous... don't forget your phone when wearing the FC diver !!

Olly

Nothing to do with the AR its the quality of the crystal.

plankton

I have actually heard that the crystal is close, gen isn't Ar'd?

Olly

I think it has a slight AR on the Gen but not 100% crystal clear :lol:

plankton

I heard the crystal isn't bad quality? Gen has no AR either.

Boycie

I have the V3 incoming from PT and will post images as soon as it hits, just waiting for my Black Bay to arrive before they ship :)

Also my V3.5 SS is still to this day one of my favourites, enjoy :)

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

i think gen has slight AR as mentioned..... both FC divers seem to have lovely crystal to my eyes anyway....

The AR will just accentuate the dial, The FC channel fac version actually will be better to AR as the dial has slightly more depth than the V3 IMO

plankton

Interesting, I just looked at some QC pics on Joshua site p-cls.com/ap00008-forge-carbon-diver-fcru-black-asian-clone-2824-p-14554.html and the crystal looks really good to me.

tonyl

JOSHUA ALL THE WAY