Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

Festina Green Monster............

scorpion

Mrs Scorp bought me this for my birthday in November last year (2013) so thought its about time for a mini review:-

Festina Chrono Bike 2011 Model F16542/8

The official tour De France 2011 Edition chrono is a heavy beast but its very well made 26mm width bracelet makes it feel lighter and its easy to wear despite its extreme 239g weight. The clasp is very nice and solid with deep engraving. The watch is race bike themed, the seconds dial is a bike wheel design that's most unusual. The bracelet and bezel are a bike chain link style.

The Green dial really looks amazing and changes colour in the light, it might make some members puke but its different and makes a change from all the black or white dials. The case back is superb detailed and very well done.

The bezel size is 47.5mm and its 16mm thick with 26mm lugs. Not sure the RRP but these sell on Amazon at around £250 on metal or £200 on rubber.

Whilst based in Spain Festina fit these with the reliable bomb proof Japanese Miyota 6S10 movement and as expected its 100% accurate. The dial has full chrono functions plus date with mag Cyclops. WR is 100m

Got ot same i ma impressed with the solid build of this and it great attentin to detail. My only dislikes are the bezel being fixed and the crown is not a screw down type howeever this can be forgiven as its not sold as a diver watch.

Festina was founded in 1902 in Switzerland. In 1984, Spanish industrialist Miguel Rodríguez, already owner of Lotus watches, bought Festina and created the group Festina Lotus S.A.. Since this takeover, the company headquarters have been located in Barcelona, Spain. Their watches are assembled on Citizen Japanese movements, in their most popular watches, while its high-end watches are crafted entirely from its factories in Barcelona and Toledo. Festina owns Candino Watch Company in Bienne, Switzerland, the seat of their Swiss distribution.

Ok onto a few photos...............................

Festina (1).JPG

Festina (2).JPG

Festina (3).JPG

Festina (4).JPG

Festina (5).JPG

Festina (6).JPG

Festina (7).JPG

Festina (8).JPG

Festina (9).JPG

Festina (10).JPG

Festina (11).jpg

Festina (12).JPG

Thanks for looking...any opinions most welcome but don't just slag it of for being a gen or because you don't like green. Mrs Scorp tries hard and i like this and anyway she redeemed herself with my Xmas Seiko Orange Monster.

1 smile.gif

PeterPotamus

That is a nice looking watch, too big to me, but looks nice and with an original design (maybe too busy on the bezel design)

BTW lovely dog :)

BentleySharp

that's a big ol' watch there :lol:

I love the black knurled bits at the lugs :)

Kind of has a Hublot-ey feel to it :D

GLWS!

elp

That one is a really nice watch Scorp!

conx

You really wear that in public?

:) - not my taste, but Mrs S deserves credit for trying!

scorpion

that's a big ol' watch there :lol:

I love the black knurled bits at the lugs :)

Kind of has a Hublot-ey feel to it :D

GLWS!

Yep those bits are strange they have a clicky feel and i keep playing with them and one side is connected slighlty to the other side but not fixed to it bizare - makes up for the bezel you cant rotate.

That one is a really nice watch Scorp!

Cheers its an acquired taste but i am liking it.

You really wear that in public?

:) - not my taste, but Mrs S deserves credit for trying!

You have taste? :giggle:

scorpion

That is a nice looking watch, too big to me, but looks nice and with an original design (maybe too busy on the bezel design)

BTW lovely dog :)

Yep its a big un and dog is good she tests all my watches

FuzzyCoyote

Hell yeah!!! That is a beast and a beauty at the same time. Great colour too

N.Rico

i like the dog.

J.Eric

I like it!

Congrats!