Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Ladies Date Just, Full Gold

JohnG

So, I ordered a datejust for a friend's b-day back on Oct. 23. It was to be delivered by Nov. 20th at the latest - Ruby said no problem. But after getting no response from her for a long time, I got the mods at RG involved. Finally she sent pics - AFTER November 20th. I had specifically requested the Jubilee bracelet. The watch in the pics (see below) had the Presidential. I told her so and on December 1 (after three or four emails) she said she would send the watch and send me the Jubilee bracelet later, at her cost. Okay. But the watch doesn't arrive until days before Christmas, she NEVER sent me a tracking number, and as of today, I still have no Jubilee bracelet. I feel really embarassed because this watch was promised to someboday and now, all this time later, I still don't have what they requested (this was requested by a friend as a birthday gift for another friend)... so don't I feel like the fucking asshole?

In all this time these are the excuses I have heard:

1. She was moving.

2. Her Hotmail account stopped working (so fucking what? I always email both her addresses).

3. She was ill - a hypothyroid condition. So? She is still taking fucking orders from other members so she can't be that bad off.

Anyway, I am done with her. It would have taken less time with Neil and cost less.

Nevertheless, the watch is nice - here are a few pics... the clasp is a bit hard to open so I will file the catch or something, but other than that, it is a very (though flashy) watch... Diamond markers, MOP dial, full gold...

Dibujo2.jpg

Dibujo1.jpg

Imagen024.jpg

greg_r

I always did like MOP dials. Nice-looking DJ :lol:

oscarmadfish

looks great

NFleischer

i ordered once from ruby- also a gift DJ, full gold w/ leather band. the watch came with a band for about 7 "

wrist. no way its gonna fit on some brawny american. when i pm'd her, the answer was sorry only one size.

'not very big'!! last time with ruby, although watch itself wasn't bad.

AllergyDoc

[scene fades as Elton John sings "Circle Of Life".]

Old dealers leave as new dealers replace them.

I bought 2 or 3 from Ruby and they were good watches. Service was decent.

Remember when Dave was stumping for Ruby? :lol: Ruby this... Ruby that... :rofl: Dave's one to have in your corner.

JohnG
Remember when Dave was stumping for Ruby? :lol: Ruby this... Ruby that... :rofl: Dave's one to have in your corner.

Yup, but then Josh made him a better offer. Josh paid for his wife's boob job, in exchange for exclusivity, plus he earns a rep for ever 25 times he uses "Josh" and "great dealer" together in a sentence...

Guest dave123
[scene fades as Elton John sings "Circle Of Life".]

Old dealers leave as new dealers replace them.

I bought 2 or 3 from Ruby and they were good watches. Service was decent.

She did well back in that day,has not ever since i jumped back on the Josh wagon....the power of Dave.

:rofl:

greg_r
She did well back in that day,has not ever since i jumped back on the Josh wagon....the power of Dave.

:popcorn:

davedelusion.jpg

:lol:

AllergyDoc

I got 3 good ones from her. But, no mas.

JohnG

davedelusion.jpg

You beat me to it!!!

alphakazi
Dibujo1.jpg

this one is nice

I got the TT for my gf a couple years back - she loves it - wears it at least a couple times a week for the past 2 years - runs like a champ and get's a lot of compliments

but that gold - it won't last as you can see from these pics - each peak on the bezel is worn as well as the high points in the bracelet and crown - you really can't notice it though because it's a TwoTone - I'd wear a full gold rep only on special occasions and not as a daily beater - looks sweet while it lasts though :lol:

some pics of my gf's TT

img4357ky6.jpg

img4361wc8.jpg

img4362fz3.jpg

greg_r
You beat me to it!!!

JohnG

@Kazi,

Yeah, it will only be worn once in a while - so it should last for a long time...

AllergyDoc

This used to be my wife's daily wear watch:

PensRolClaspWorn.jpg

That part gets a lot of wear, though. The rest of it still looks pretty good.

Still, even I don't recommend gold reps as daily wears, and I like gold.

sconehead

How can you say this sweet young thing can be bad? :D

rimg00522ec6.jpg

w800.png

Dave, the rep world does revolve around you (maybe in Daveworld it does :D ), heard of Hont? At least he doesn't call movements that have been on the scene over 9 months new and improved to get rid of unreliable stock... :popcorn:...the wheels will fall off eventually... :lol: trust me on this...

AllergyDoc

sconehead

Doc, the jibe at 'Daveworld' was in jest, the pic of Ruby was on impulse and the comment about Josh was merely truth. I threw in 'Hont' for more impact...no offence intended, unless someone really, really likes Josh personally... :Hug:

Guest dave123

Scone,John,Greg,all other noobs i might have forgotten...trailboss,bounty....hmm....probably a couple more...

Doc knows what i'm talking about..... :lol:

alphakazi
@Kazi,

Yeah, it will only be worn once in a while - so it should last for a long time...

I'd say for many many years to come if seldom worn - it would also depend on how thick the plating was - I'm sure some reps have as little as 3mil (or less) if sites like Josh's, for example state they have a THICK 5mil plating

who's to know for sure without testing and who would test their watch...

greg_r
Scone,John,Greg,all other noobs i might have forgotten...trailboss,bounty....hmm....probably a couple more...

Doc knows what i'm talking about..... :lol:

sigh. He's having those delusions of adequacy again.

davedelusion.jpg

alphakazi

dave is just misunderstood

JohnG
dave is just misunderstood

He has a noob complex. He calls everyone else noobs because this is the aspect of his own personality that he most fears... If you look at his posts they are 99% about non-watch (at least non-tech) subjects (compared to 90% of mine or Greg's or Onze's). And have you EVER seen Dave post a comment about a movement? Of course not. Would he have the slightest idea how to distinguish a gen from copy ETA? Doees he know how many jewels an Asian 7750 REALLY has? He has never opened a watch. I have opened all of mine (except for the SA - my Horb is in Asturias - but when I get home I will open it up). Does this make me a watch expert? Of course not! But it makes me less of a noob than someone who has to take his watch to a watchmaker to have the caseback removed and whose greatest expertise is on lume dots...

Dave is a funny guy. He is a huge asset to this forum. He is generous. He is a great human being and has contributed a lot to other members - time, guidance, and watches/parts...

But he is more of a noob than I or Alpha or Greg or Onze or Sconehead...

greg_r

hehe - it just tickles me when he calls me a noob. I've been buying fake watches on and off for at least 6 years (actually quite a bit longer, but the first few I picked up were so crap that I couldn't bring myself to wear 'em more than once or twice - they don't really count) and watches in general for a lot longer than that. I've had a few mid-range gens in my time - most bought secondhand and all of which I got bored with and eventually sold. Made a profit most of the time too. At one point I also had a fairly reasonable collection of pocket watches - all now sold. I find myself wondering how long one has to be a watch buyer to stop being a noob :lol:

I agree, though. Dave's a good guy - a noob, but a good guy nonetheless :lol:

JohnG
I agree, though. Dave's a good guy - a noob, but a good guy nonetheless :lol:

We need to give guidance to the noob.

We will help him, teach him about reps!

mcloud

I think Dave may actually be a girl and the pictures posted of the Elvis mug and hairy arms are actually of her brother :lol: