Sign in to follow this  
Steve AKA Creamedcage

What's the hardest...

Steve AKA Creamedcage

After negotiating with my accountant (the wife) on how much I can spend on a watch on a quarterly basis, I thought the hardest job had been done and dusted. Now the easy part, pick a watch to buy WRONG! There are so many watches out there how does one decide what is going to be the next purchase?

Electron17

Write down a list of all the watches you are wanting and then prioritise the list. Then buy the one at the top. You have to be ruthless to get it right. Good luck.

KeNnY

TUDOR BLACK BAY, PAM BRONZO, FIFTY PHANTOMS

3 watches you will need to buy this year for sure

nyckid

+10000000

Lars_St

KeNnY's personal picks :D :P

Wriggles

3 2 watches you will need to buy this year for sure

+1000000 (with small change :) )

speer999

Make the list.... and keep changing it as your taste evolves... next thing you know you'll own a dozen PAMs and be looking for more :stars:

JimmyV

+10000000

+20000000

solkryssare

This

dfq23

Just staring at my black bay QC pics again mate.... lol.

Fifty fathoms is gonna be EXPENSIVE I have heard. Looking at 5 to 6 hundred dollar territory.

The linde werdelin on pure time looks pretty sweet

tottenham

Make a list, I've gone for a range of watches from different makes and different types of watch, got a dailly beater - Omega 50th, sports watch - Brietling , dress watch - Vintage Longines 10k gold and then a TC Rolex that only comes out every so often

dfq23

Diver on bracelet, casual on bracelet, dressy on bracelet, black leather sporty, black leather dressy, brown leather and a rubber. That's the system I use!

Aquaracer chrono white dial, gen tag formula one grande date alarm, black bay, gen tissot prc200 with yellow accents, gen hamilton 44 hand wind, gen raymond weil amd a super avenger. think have most eventualities covered!

Baldrick
TUDOR BLACK BAY, PAM BRONZO, FIFTY PHANTOMS3 watches you will need to buy this year for sure

Great advice.......follow the herd and buy what the rest of the sheeple are buying.....no point in standing out from the crowd :B):

dfq23

Diver on bracelet, casual on bracelet, dressy on bracelet, black leather sporty, black leather dressy, brown leather and a rubber. That's the system I use!

Aquaracer chrono white dial, gen tag formula one grande date alarm, black bay, gen tissot prc200 with yellow accents, gen hamilton 44 hand wind, gen raymond weil amd a super avenger. think have most eventualities covered!

Oh and a pam 026k on rubber. Never really wear it but believe it is obligatory to own at least one!

KeNnY
TUDOR BLACK BAY, PAM BRONZO, FIFTY PHANTOMS3 watches you will need to buy this year for sure

Great advice.......follow the herd and buy what the rest of the sheeple are buying.....no point in standing out from the crowd :B):

come on balders, you don't like them even one bit ? :lol:

flyr

No more! (at least no more Pams,of that I'm sure at least.) :lol:

narikaa

standing out from the crowd

while

being TOLD what money you can spend by wifey

(if he even dreamt of it h'ed wake up apologising)

angrywife.jpg

fetasigma

yeah but you have to admit, the tudor BB looks nice

Steve AKA Creamedcage

I already have a Tag and Rolex. RWG brought to my attention APs and I have fallen in love with them. So the first watch I have ordered under the new agreement is AUDEMARS PIGUET LEO MESSI ROSE GOLD.QC.

Part of the agreement is what I ever win on poker can be used to purchase more watches. I only play micro stakes but today was a good day winning $40, therefor my next watch is just round the corner, :bounce:

FuzzyCoyote

My advice would be to pick what you like the best and write them down. But make it what you like as a priority....

I started to make a list a couple of weeks back when I joined and was adding a couple here and there because of what others said, I then realised that I didn't actually like some of them and from there I have only gone on what I would like to see staring back up at me from my wrist. I will be the one wearing it. :)

A good place to see lots of random ones is the weekly wrist check thread. Sometimes ones pop up in there I haven't seen before that catch my eye. If I like the look of them I look into it a bit deeper and, maybe, onto the list they go.

Also there is M2M forum to see just the completely random ones that pop up on there. Something could take your fancy at a good price and be on your wrist within a week or so :)

Good luck

Steve AKA Creamedcage

My advice would be to pick what you like the best and write them down. But make it what you like as a priority....

I started to make a list a couple of weeks back when I joined and was adding a couple here and there because of what others said, I then realised that I didn't actually like some of them and from there I have only gone on what I would like to see staring back up at me from my wrist. I will be the one wearing it. :)

A good place to see lots of random ones is the weekly wrist check thread. Sometimes ones pop up in there I haven't seen before that catch my eye. If I like the look of them I look into it a bit deeper and, maybe, onto the list they go.

Also there is M2M forum to see just the completely random ones that pop up on there. Something could take your fancy at a good price and be on your wrist within a week or so :)

Good luck

Thanks - I forgot about the M2M, I have decided that area are for my girls to buy me good value second hand watches for my Birthday and Christmas presents. I think I now have everything covered and in place. :giggle:

RUSH2112

standing out from the crowd

while

being TOLD what money you can spend by wifey

(if he even dreamt of it h'ed wake up apologising)

angrywife.jpg

Haha

maxwas

Even with prioritising it can still be a nightmare. Top of the list for me was a bk sub-c until a certain BB came along and destroyed my life...

BentleySharp

I have found that since joining the forum and having been exposed to and having talked exstensively about watches, that my tastes are always evolving. Watches that I found interesting 6 months ago I no longer find interesting, and watches that just 3 months ago I never would have looked twice at I am now wearing on my wrist :)

Sometimes it takes me weeks to decide what my next purchase is going to be. Just remember to do your research. read about the movements. If the subdials work. If it has a true moonphase or just a sun/moon indicator...Etc...

Aside from all that, just find the watch that expresses you. The watch that you feel drawn to. That you like. Don't worry about other people's opinions of it, because at the end of the day, It's strapped to your wrist, not everyone else's. Ya feel me?

Pennapolis
TUDOR BLACK BAY, PAM BRONZO, FIFTY PHANTOMS 3 watches you will need to buy this year for sure

I have to agree........I was thinking exactly this!