Sign in to follow this  
jakgumbo

what should i be looking for in the QC pictures

jakgumbo

first timer here. what should i be looking for in the QC pics? i have a rolex DSSD on order just got the pics, not sure what to be looking for. any help appreciated.

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG.

Cyril_Clunge

Is it the watch you ordered, is the dial upside down, are the correct number of hands attached and is there any damage.

What you should not be looking for is how accurate it is compared to the gen :)

dalboy

Welcome to RWG

Firstly , check that it is indeed a watch, the one you ordered, and !! no obvious flaws. ;)

Dal

jakgumbo

ok there seem to be some flaws, lettering on the underside of the watch isnt crisp, looks smudged. is that normal?

Cyril_Clunge

You are perfectly entitled to query smudged printing, point it out to the TD and see what he says, if you're not happy then reject the watch and request another.

NFleischer

Welcome, here we do not post QC pix for nit picking like they do at RepGeek for example. Search the forum for Noob information

and you'll be fine- see above post.. Remember- like anything else- usually you get what you pay for. Do not expect a $100 rep to be accurate to a $25,000 watch.

If you have a specific question about a QC issue, like why is the 10 hour marker missing, that's the type of thing we're looking for.

flyr

ok there seem to be some flaws, lettering on the underside of the watch isnt crisp, looks smudged. is that normal?

Welcome to the forum!

It could possibly be an issue to you (if it is really bad) ,but who is going to see the underside but you,unless you are planning to pass it off as a gen to someone in the know.(you will have more flaws/problems than just the paint in that case) JMHO

FuzzyCoyote

Hello and welcome to the forums....

One thread of note would be good for this - http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=14317

Hope that helps. Can't help you with specifics unfortunately as haven't seen it - don't want to either as they are for you to decide if you are happy with it :)

jakgumbo

i wouldnt post the pics, that was requested and im complying. just determining if what im seeing is expected. spend over 400 and realize there will be some difference, else it would be a 10k watch...

dalboy

i wouldnt post the pics, that was requested and im complying. just determining if what im seeing is expected. spend over 400 and realize there will be some difference, else it would be a 10k watch...

Your learning fast young grasshopper ! :lol:

Dal.

mrbadpig

Make sure it was the right model pulled out of stock remember there's plastic wrapped around the band and watch you get a reflection from the flash off the camera so it might make some parts look rusted or discolored but You will notice that there not in some of the other pictures and angles. look at the calibration machine make sure it's within being acceptable. I just went through this whole process and felt like an idiot pointing out all these flaws in the watch. It was because what I just described above the plastic around watch or the flash from the camera. I received my watch yesterday it was in perfect condition along with being wrapped in plastic bubble wrap foam in the box etc. just a beautiful sub from Trusty Time Andrew I ordered it last Sunday I received it yesterday Friday I must be emailed him 20 times asking questions you responded to every one of them within a half an hour unbelievable can't say enough about this guy !!

Brian

jakgumbo

what should i be looking for on the calibration image?

jakgumbo

great info thanks a lot. explained perfectly.

Dr Yan

And pubes of course !