Sign in to follow this  
Eiderdaus

Another comparison gen vs 16610 LV "supreme" from PT

Eiderdaus

Hi, oh no....not again Eiderdaus and another f....... 16610er Sub thread

today I just received the 16610LV "Supreme" from PT. The discussion about what type of watch this would be was held very heavy and controversial.

Everbody scream :Eider, where are the pics ?

On first sight, good impression...but what´s that..the pearl looks strange and the insert has scratches: I had the impression that someone worked on it.

zit.jpg

and after moving the bezel and the insert , the insert was releasing it self...

bezel_insert1.jpg

That was making me angry in the first moment but changed mood to curious

bezel_insert2.jpg

What I don´t understand why using a scotch tape for a click-bezel?

bezel_insert3.jpg

to me this bezel looks like a copy of the gen bezel, not as the regular chinese bezels.....PT I think we have to talk

Diver extension abrasion

scratches.jpg

here you can see that the entire construction is not made for working together. A lot of abrasion is visible...

Another topic is the clasp. The end of the diver extension is not fiiting in the clasp when I push it in it alters the clasp....

I am a little disappointed I expected more quality for a supreme version even a 40$ sub doesn`t need to be repaired at arrival.

Here are the rest of the now known comparisons I do

cyclop.jpg

the cyclop is 2.5x mag

Comparison of the front CG´s

comparison_all_CG.jpg

comparison_all.jpg

Side view comparison

cg_side_all.jpg

side_supreme_noobLV.jpg

side_gen_supreme.jpg

Overview

side_all.jpg

The case is very good shaped . I don´t mind the front view of the CG`s. If the watch wouldn´t have the named painpoints I would call it a very good rep

And for those that are fancy for....it´s a flat S on the dial

Can anybody tell me if the bezel looks like a real bezel ? So do I need now order a real deal bezel....

yours Eider

graman

No idea mate...I don't know enough about rollies, but the bezel insert and bracelet look terrible!

andygt

Eider, it looks to me as if PT has taken his black supreme sub (wm9 V1) and just swapped the bezel for a green one.

The giveaway is the flat 'S' and unless I'm mistaken that isn't a maxi dial is it?

KBH

It's long been said that PT's Supreme and the WM9 v1 are the same and it appears that the cases are from the same factory.

andygt

It looks exactly like the one I have from PT apart from the bezel.

And yes it is the V1

Eiderdaus

it is a maxi dial. I wrote to PT already.....If this is his best item....I will not buy anything further. I mean if the bracelet and the insert would be ok, it would be a nice watch. But in total I am disappointed about that. Is he believing that people not noticing that ?

KBH

The only place you can get a decent color bezel that matches the current LV I've found is from BK or WM9. I've tried several of the regular aftermarket ones and they're are all pretty close to the dark Noob color.

It seems like you are looking for a "perfect" Sub. Haven't you realized that only Rolex makes them?

colin

Just for a newbie................who is PT ?

Eiderdaus

That´s not the issue KBH, I expected that I receive a watch without abrasion and that the insert is tight in the bezel and only if I would I could remove it, not that it felt of by moving. Is that too much expectation from a new watch ? I don´t think so

And I don´t blame the color of the insert. I was asking if the bezel looks like a gen one and if I need to buy a insert for click-in not for glueing.

Eiderdaus
Just for a newbie................who is PT ?

PT is Precious Time, a dealer that is providing EU shipping

KBH

I wasn't inferring the insert problem. I was speaking of the whole series posts of showing every little difference between gen and reps. I didn't mean to be negative to you and if it was, I apologize. It's all very interesting. Just saying there is no perfect replica.

Bk could tell you in a minute if the gen insert would fit without mods. I'm pretty sure he offers that service on his WM9 Subs and has access to gen parts.

andygt

Apologies Eider, I thoght the dial was the standard sub dial.

However the gen like bezel construction and case look the same as my PT WM9 v1 - can you remove the bracelet and post the serial number? Can check if it is the same as mine and the one shown on PT's site.

Eiderdaus

no need to apologize there are no issues. And yes, I am looking for the best rep that you can get, because I still believe that it makes no difference in the production cost just by taking the exact measurement for the externals.

With the threads I was just giving hints to some interested noobs like me how they can see differences between reps and gen. I know that you know all those stuff but I believe others don´t. I haven´t known these before either. I am totally aware that there is no 100% copy, at least when it comes to the movement but come on if you producing reps it doesn´t cost you much doing your homework and do a proper research...and most research is done by people like us.

it´s the same production cost producing it with the right measurements (Case, Crown, bracelet) than producing it wrong.

and the point why I am disappointed is that I would have expected that at least the insert would stick in the bezel and that there are no abrasion signs on a "new" bracelet.

And here I am not talking about a 40$ special offer sub

No offense KBH, it was not my intention getting people bored

Eiderdaus
Apologies Eider, I thoght the dial was the standard sub dial.

However the gen like bezel construction and case look the same as my PT WM9 v1 - can you remove the bracelet and post the serial number? Can check if it is the same as mine and the one shown on PT's site.

Serial is M550535

skintrade

I find the condition that you received your watch to be totally out of order. I can fully understand why you are not happy.

KBH
it´s the same production cost producing it with the right measurements (Case, Crown, bracelet) than producing it wrong.

I've had a different theory on that. First, nearly all cheap watches are made in China. Second, Rolex Submariner is probably the most copied watch made other than Datejust in the world. A huge number of legitimate watch companies have knocked of the Sub design for their own watch line over the years. Third, rep makers don't actually make cases, they are made by legitimate companies that specialize in making nothing but cases. So, the way I see it is most probably the rep makers go to the case makers and order an existing case from off the shelf and build the watches around whatever case is available or whichever existing case is closest to what they are looking for.

This is just a theory and of course I could be totally wrong, but it just seems more logical to me than believing these rep factories actually design their own watch cases. Maybe someone like Robert or Reg has more information on this?

Edit: I'm only thinking about the abundant supply of inexpensive rep Subs, Not the expensive WM9, 1:1 expensive ones, etc............

Eiderdaus

That could be...but again, if you are a case manufacturer, it would not be a biggest problem to resolve the CG issue at once and you would make more money with no big invest. But who knows.

Fact is that I now own a watch that I cannot wear since I got no insert for it. Ordering in US will cost me another month. I ordered pearls from watchmatrials a month ago. And I have to wait till BK comes back to ask which bezel insert to take. :bottle:

KBH

My v3 case, which I believe is the same bezel as yours, takes a gen aftermarket insert I bought from Ebay. http://stores.ebay.com/WHOLESALEOUTLET990

I don't remember if it snapped in or is glued but it is a good fit.

Eiderdaus

Thx, I was already on this shop but what makes me wonder is when I look on the bezel on my watch

IMG_3040.jpg

what is that retaining item ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEZEL-INSERT-RETAINING...=item483a6bf418

as you can see here.

Is it missing on my bezel or is it lying underneath ?

I would order then the bezel http://cgi.ebay.com/BEZEL-INSERT-MENS-ROLE...=item4837b873af

Eiderdaus

Ok, I found out that this should be correct. I followed the thread from John

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...p?showtopic=713

really good and easy to follow. No I am pretty sure that I can use an aftermarket bezel. I ordered this now from ebay as you mentioned KBH

KBH

You should be good to go. BK uses this insert with the watchmaterial pearl, although you do have to enlarge the hole a little for the pearl to gfit.

Eiderdaus

PT was replying to me today and he will send me a new bracelet. That´s good news and I think I have to post that as well that he is taking care

"HI Friend

Sorry to see about the bracelet and the insert. It seems it is faulty strap

and insert.

I will order new ones from factory today and send them to you.

Regards

PT"

So maybe it was a Monday watch. Thanks PT

Brightlight
It looks exactly like the one I have from PT apart from the bezel.

And yes it is the V1

Andygt's serial number is M550364