Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

When will we see AP 26300 rep?!

_DC_

It really is about time we had a rep of the gorgeous and sensibly proportioned NON offshore 26300 chronograph!!

It's so beautiful!!

4C809F1A-DCB7-4112-8097-310611349658_zpsvvys295u.jpg

Come on factories, I'm waiting!!!!

DC

cwazy1

the issue, which you're quite familiar with.. is that this FP movement is thin as balls.. if we put a modded 7750 sec@6 in the RO case, the thickness will be the same as your 5980. That would be disgusting.

No go on this model unless we can get another movement.

Edited by cwazy1

_DC_

:(

DC

James.

the issue, which you're quite familiar with.. is that this FP movement is thin as balls.. if we put a modded 7750 sec@6 in the ROO case, the thickness will be the same as your 5980. That would be disgusting.

No go on this model unless we can get another movement.

And the the 2nds@6 issue.... however i'd so love a panda or these. Maybe edgematic can lend the N factory his newest acquisition??? :lol:

_DC_

The gen is relatively bulky, like the 5980 rep a bit of extra chunk wouldn't be that bad, it's just such a beautiful watch!!

0CAA3749-19DB-4616-A21E-2D053A05FDF7_zpslkku7ghr.jpg

DC

Realism

Gen is not as thick as 5980... the fp is the thinnest in its class... I knee

Kleen™

I think it is way too busy to do the simplicity of the APROs any favours.

But then again; I don't like ROOs - with the exception of the 'low-key' Diver...

Realism

But then again; I don't like ROOs - with the exception of the 'low-key' Diver...

u want to get tied up?

_DC_

I don't like ROOs either, too bloody large, that's why I like the ROC, same case diameter as the 15400, perfect!!

DC

nyckid

u want to get tied up?

Maybe...

rdjshtiedup.jpg

Realism

I don't like ROOs either, too bloody large, that's why I like the ROC, same case diameter as the 15400, perfect!!

DC

26300 is 39mm like 15300

26320 is 41mm like 15400

Realism

Kindle fire not showing images... shit

Kleen™

DC

Too little real estate for 3 subdials. QED: Too busy...

nyckid
Kindle fire not showing images... shit

Then you're missing out the fun :giggle:

_DC_

Granted it's not as simple as the Nauti chrono but I think it's still fairly understated, particularly in non panda guise

94D7FD7D-59AA-458B-B60E-02EFF4635F10_zpsa0dt5iuq.jpg

DC

DC

26300 is 39mm like 15300

26320 is 41mm like 15400

Even better!!!

DC

DC

Too little real estate for 3 subdials. QED: Too busy...

The Rolex Daytona manages ok!

DC

Kleen™

Granted it's not as simple as the Nauti chrono but I think it's still fairly understated, particularly in non panda guise

DC

I am in no way implying that it is an ugly watch. Surely it is not...

What I AM saying is that it dilutes / takes something away from what I consider to be the real strength of the ROs: Simplicity!

cwazy1

love the new 41mm models.. I dislike all the 39mm ones.

_DC_

DC

I am in no way implying that it is an ugly watch. Surely it is not...

What I AM saying is that it dilutes / takes something away from what I consider to be the real strength of the ROs: Simplicity!

Ok I'll agree with that, it's not as beautiful as the jumbo or 15300/15400, a little extra spice is sometimes nice though!!

DC

cwazy1

what i cant stand is dishing out 15+ thousand for a watch with not even an in house movement inside but rather a plain Fpiguet movement..

there are blancpains and other swatchgroup pieces using the same movement with retail prices of barely over 10k, whereas the new 41mm in steel starts at 22k

Edited by cwazy1

_DC_

I'm the opposite, smaller is better due to my puny lady like wrists, haha, though I don't dislike the 41mm, heck I own one, it is just a touch too large though!

DC

cwazy1

I'm the opposite, smaller is better due to my puny lady like wrists, haha, though I don't dislike the 41mm, heck I own one, it is just a touch too large though!

DC

haha, you perfer the 15300 over the 15400 in terms of size? I thought we had similar wrist sizes.. 6.5 right?

Then again.. I am order one of the new 44m roo's to wear as my sporty piece LOL.

Kleen™

You cannot compare it with the Daytona - well, you can; it just doesn't make any sense!

The almost perfect integrity of the APRO octagonal bezel/guilloche-dial gets dilluted with the addition of subdials and chrono-pushers. It distorts the harmonious lines imo...

_DC_

DC

haha, you perfer the 15300 over the 15400 in terms of size? I thought we had similar wrist sizes.. 6.5 right?

Then again.. I am order one of the new 44m roo's to wear as my sporty piece LOL.

Yeah we do have the same wrist size, lol, 40mm is generally my maximum hence the 41mm is a little large especially with the large lugs. Guess it's just an individual taste thing, I spend most of my time in a suit so larger watches don't really work, and even when I'm not working I like a smaller size watch for comfort as much as anything else.

There's plenty of large watches I like the look of, but I know they just wouldn't look right to me on my wrist!

DC

Baldrick

You cannot compare it with the Daytona - well, you can; it just doesn't make any sense!

The almost perfect integrity of the APRO octagonal bezel/guilloche-dial gets dilluted with the addition of subdials and chrono-pushers. It distorts the harmonious lines imo...

I agree on this point....however if it must be a chronograph the City of Sails tri-compax layout is much more harmonious than the ubiquitous and jaded 6-9-12 layout of the Offshore....!

My quartz CofS....a cheapie...but nice to wear nevertheless and gets lots of comments :D

APROCOS2.jpg

Kleen™

- but that's not fair, B: your pictures could make even a lukewarm, fly-infested turd look like sumthin' you'd wanna sink your teeth into...:-)