Sign in to follow this  
jeffrsho

TC Submariner ver. 6 [Pic Heavy]

jeffrsho

So after about a month with the watch I have to say that it is one of my favorites. However, there are a couple of little things that I observed that surprised me as I inspected the watch closer. First of all, TC is supposed to have top notch QC, but as others have experienced there have been some issues with the v6. First of all, there were a couple of small scratches on the side of the clasp when it arrived and no protection on the watch at all, but a cape cod took care of that. The second issue is the DWO appears to be slightly cocked once you hit the 20's, its off ever so slightly but it is noticeable. The final observation was that the SEL fitment isn't amazing, it's ok and I can live with it.

After all it's a rep, a good rep, but still a rep. In the end I like it and would spend the money on another one even with these small annoyances. Anyway on to some pictures (don't mind the fingerprints and smudges, I cleaned the watch but not good enough I guess)...

DSC00549_zpsf1cdce93.jpg

DSC00548_zps44faae4e.jpg

DSC00547_zps156d8091.jpg

DSC00546_zps0362c266.jpg

DSC00543_zpsd4db96c1.jpg

DSC00542_zpsbd5c4908.jpg

DSC00540_zps961e2f00.jpg

DSC00539_zps17f6b134.jpg

DSC00538_zps26b3f591.jpg

DSC00537_zpsdd48adec.jpg

DSC00536_zps44c2e465.jpg

DSC00535_zps66c08ad7.jpg

DSC00534_zps7f26154d.jpg

DSC00533_zps873c3417.jpg

DSC00532_zps6b6ff27f.jpg

DSC00531_zpsf709f9b7.jpg

DSC00530_zpsbd3d71de.jpg

DSC005301_zps3d635e8a.jpg

DSC00529_zps1d17ee59.jpg

DSC00528_zpsf7b7605b.jpg

DSC00527_zpsd7234c85.jpg

DSC00526_zpsf8998672.jpg

GaryB

I think it looks great

ShovelnTC

Yes I also had a couple of very minor issues such as a light scratch on the case and If I was going to keep it unused for display only I would have worried about it but as I bought it to wear I figured that I'll likely put more than that on it on the first outing so not an issue.

Mine is also a little finicky getting into date change position but again after a few settings I have become familiar with what's required.

I'm wearing mine right now and it is one of my favorite watches right now.

Enjoy yours.

Mark.

SSTEEL

Congrats, try fitting the 2mm spring bars instead of the 1.8mm and see if that resolves your lugs being a little loose.

Your dial is slightly left justified too like many of the others, but this is minor, and can be rectified, but not as easy as you think.

tommyv

Congrats, very nice !

964boy

Very nice mate.

novnovi

But is only my V6, or also yours have the diving extension ''weak''?

aid85

it looks great

Mwhitetx

Great looking watch mate!!!

MakeIdee

Can anybody say something about the insert? It look a bit more round than it should...or is this just the light?

fuplayer

Can anybody say something about the insert? It look a bit more round than it should...or is this just the light?

As pointed out by many on other threads and as well by TC, yes the insert is a bit bowed or rounded. Some like that "vintage" look. You can always replace it with a gen insert if thats your taste.

MakeIdee

As pointed out by many on other threads and as well by TC, yes the insert is a bit bowed or rounded. Some like that "vintage" look. You can always replace it with a gen insert if thats your taste.

Oh great, Thank you

dingle

Oh great, Thank you

you should know this is easier said than done with the version VI

MakeIdee

Oh great, Thank you

you should know this is easier said than done with the version VI

Good to know. So it would be wise to order the v6 without the insert instalt if I plan to go gen on the insert?

Frankteta

Hello gang. How do I get in touch with TC? I tried a little kid you his website but it didn't work. Thanks

Tried a link to....sorry about that

lukeas123456

17mt7bowxcozljpg.jpg

Really need to get the V7

Hello gang. How do I get in touch with TC? I tried a little kid you his website but it didn't work. Thanks

Tried a link to....sorry about that

Check the TD List nice introduction too :help3: