Sign in to follow this  
reacz

Watch Glass scratched

reacz

Hi,

I brought my first rep off Reg and I am pleased to say its been awesome.

That was until I scratched it coming out of the gym on the hand-dryer, I walked past it and grazed the front of my lovely rep. :)

Considering I've had a Seiko for about 3 years before this watch and not scratched it once, you can imagine my disappointment I'm sure!

So, anyway I've tried buffing out the scratches with toothpaste, but I've found that the glass must be either Mineral or Sapphire, either way I can't seem to get rid of the scratches (it seems they are quite deep).

The question I want to ask is, does anyone know of a way to get scrathes out of Mineral/Sapphire glass, or point me in the direction of someone in the UK who could fix either replace the glass or do a good buff jobby? I'm contemplating taking it into a high street jewellers to see if they can do anything, but I imagine they would shy away from touching mechanical watches.

Cheers,

Reacz

Edited by reacz

KBH

Just curious? Is it one of Reg's Planet Oceans? I thought they were supposed to have sapphire glass which shouldn't scratch that easy. Maybe Reg can source you another crystal?

reacz
Just curious? Is it one of Reg's Planet Oceans? I thought they were supposed to have sapphire glass which shouldn't scratch that easy. Maybe Reg can source you another crystal?

No, its one I asked him to source for me a Vacheron Constantine Overseas, the watch is great apart from the newly acquired scracthes of course. :)

Klink

"Thanks, do I have to use a postal order form? It could take weeks if not months for it to get to me (I'm in the UK)! :) "

reacz,

you can use paypal

: )

Klink

Life is Good!

Edited by Klink

trailboss99

Yeah mate, PP and we ship by air mail. Be there in a few weeks.

Col.

Baldrick
ship by air mail. Be there in a few weeks.

Always mystifies me, how airmail can take a few weeks, can you imagine boarding a flight to OZ and asking, 'when do we arrive in Sydney'?

Oh, 2x weeks on Thursday Sir. :)

reacz

Sweet, thanks for all your help guys.

I'll get round to ordering this very soon.

Cheers!