Sign in to follow this  
mistabonze

Tag Auaracer 500M

mistabonze

Looking to get the new Aquaracer 500M. Anyone have one yet. Talked to a couple of reps about different ones. My fav is the blue but after talking to Robert he said that the blue is not as close to copy as the gen and black is a better copy. As far as choices go. Robert has the Asian 21j for $99 and the ETA clone around $200. Didnt say anything about the quartz but would perfer an auto anyways (I believe quartz is battery.....right...Im a newbie here so sorry if questions are ignorant). House os Souv has it for $280 for an Automatic swiss eta 2824-2 movement. I would assume the Asian and ETA clone are both automatic watches as I believe the gen has a clear back that the movement can be seen. correct me if im wrong. I did look at a gen on a cruise ship last week but cant remember the back. What movemennt is an ETA clone (asain copy swiss 3186 movement, ETA 2824 / 2836)? Im trying to learn? I found an excellent thread....believe it was a sticky somewhere.... explaining the different movements but now I cant locate it. Was a great reference. If someone knows where it is please let me know. I believe the consensus was the 2836 is about the best quality for the $.....again correct me if I'm wrong.

Also other than the movement the watches should all be the same from these reps....correct?

So my question is I want a reliable bomb proof movement (for of course the best price). Is it worth it to spend the $280 for a 2824-2, $200 for a ETA clone or just stick to the $99 Asian 21J and get a bargain. Dont mind paying more if its really woth it. Thanks guys.

Edited by mistabonze

prestigewatchco

Eta clone and Gen ETA will be the same watch exactly no difference the movements will even look the same. Another thing to remember is that 90% of the Swiss ETA turn out to be either clones or reconditioned older movements so really unless you know for a fact it's Swiss and new better to buy the clone. It's not dealers trying to catch you the factories charge a premium for Swiss problem is they can not be relied on to supply new Swiss

Member X

I think I would go ETA clone too - unless you specifically ask Mary to source a swiss movement, or unless Robert is selling a swiss version, the other dealers will likely supply a clone movement for the reasons Robert details above. The clone is still a good movement, it's just not worth paying swiss prices for one :D

Oh, and the Movement Guide is in the Watch Repair forum :)

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6930

NFleischer

DSC00275.jpg

I have the blue and its very nice. I bought the 'swiss' and it works great. i think its gen ETA;

its very clean looking and looks new, it has the eta stamp and the usual swiss characteristics

but its very hard to know for sure nowadays.