Sign in to follow this  
mrtsumoto80

Seiko Shinobu Ishigaki

HeavyKrush

Resurrecting an old thread... just uncovered this gem of a watch. Anyone actually own one that can comment?

Realism

Resurrecting an old thread... just uncovered this gem of a watch. Anyone actually own one that can comment?

my bro in law has one... got it from one of the Japanese online stores http://www.higuchi-inc.com/index-e.html

was returned for warranty and fixed in Japan... it is a true dress watch and looks real good even though it is listed at 40mm

HeavyKrush

my bro in law has one... got it from one of the Japanese online stores http://www.higuchi-i...om/index-e.html

was returned for warranty and fixed in Japan... it is a true dress watch and looks real good even though it is listed at 40mm

Thanks R. Likely pull the trigger on this one. Really looks like a sweet watch. Will post pics once it arrives.

Realism

my bro in law has one... got it from one of the Japanese online stores http://www.higuchi-i...om/index-e.html

Thanks R. Likely pull the trigger on this one. Really looks like a sweet watch. Will post pics once it arrives.

personally I like it, but the only reason I wouldn't buy it is because my bro in law has one lol... i can always borrow it for free :giggle:

alanArgon

anyone know where to get it? in Singapore?

Realism

anyone know where to get it? in Singapore?

Japan only model... easier to get it from seiyajapan or higuchi... or any of these japanese seiko dealers

UGLY

I own one. What would you like to know?

My thoughts are that is a dress only watch. I don't think it looks right dressed down with different straps and such.

Agreed with above comment that it's big for a dress watch, but should work fine on most wrists. I think of it as an anti-conformist thing.

6R15 movement. Think we all know about those.

It's my only real dress watch, and I don't see that changing.

If you've any particular questions, please let me know.

Edited by UGLY

HeavyKrush

My thoughts are that is a dress only watch. I don't think it looks right dressed down with different straps and such.

Agreed with above comment that it's big for a dress watch, but should work fine on most wrists. I think of it as an anti-conformist thing.

Dress watch would be my reason also. Mostly I'm concerned with the blue thread. Seems kind of sporty but does it work as a dress watch? Also, how's the strap quality? Hoping to buy a watch that has a strap that doesn't need changing.

DR3M3L

That's a lovely piece, at $520 I might get one myself too when funds will be there!

UGLY

Dress watch would be my reason also. Mostly I'm concerned with the blue thread. Seems kind of sporty but does it work as a dress watch? Also, how's the strap quality? Hoping to buy a watch that has a strap that doesn't need changing.

The blue thread on the strap is much more subtle in person. Works perfectly, I think.

I think the strap quality is good. I have no intentions of switching it out.

The deployment clasp on the other hand, doesn't work too well with my wrist. It kind of digs in at certain spots, but that might just be my wrist.

Edited by UGLY

HeavyKrush

Fantastic. Will pull the trigger. Thanks.

TheTinMan

How do you become the top bartender in a country? I wonder if there is a top bartender in the world? Now there's something to aspire to.

HeavyKrush
How do you become the top bartender in a country? I wonder if there is a top bartender in the world? Now there's something to aspire to.
Thought that was Tom Cruise?

UGLY
Fantastic. Will pull the trigger. Thanks.

Let me know how it goes.

Edited by UGLY

HeavyKrush

Should arrive early next week. Can't wait.

UGLY
Should arrive early next week. Can't wait.

Sweet! In case you didn't know, don't be surprised that the straps are on "backwards". The tail end is on the 12 o' click side. It's not a QC thing.

The intention is so that, eg if you're sipping your cocktail, only the clean side of the strap shows to the viewer (no keepers, holes, buckles). I ended up swapping them around, as the deployment clasp was more comfortable like that for me.

Hope you enjoy it.

UGLY
That's a lovely piece, at $520 I might get one myself too when funds will be there!
Just ordered Joran for $449. There's one left mate: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/331037418264?lpid=82

I'd also look into Higuchi, Chino and Seiya.

Only Higuchi is an AD (brick and mortar), but the others will liaise with Seiko Japan if you've any warranty issues.

HeavyKrush

Mine just arrived. Man is the dial cool. Pics tonight gents.

UGLY
Mine just arrived. Man is the dial cool. Pics tonight gents.

Great! Dial is fantastic in different lighting. Did you agree with me regarding the blue strap stitching, and the strap overall?

lifestyle_ID

Wow this looks amazing! It reminds me of the Seiko "Blue Spark" that I've been eyeing for awhile.

UGLY
Wow this looks amazing! It reminds me of the Seiko "Blue Spark" that I've been eyeing for awhile.

If you ever find a Blue Spark, and don't snap it up, let me know!

They are pretty rare and I've been looking for some time.

ah_arsenal

I used to own one of these, and I'd echo what others are saying about the uniqueness of the dial. It can be so many different things at different angles. I loved how dynamic it was.