azter

Which watch should I get?

azter

Hey! smile.png

I'm thinking about the next watch I should buy. I'm totally in love with the Rolex Submariner but I don't really know which way I should go. Should I buy a quality gen watch that has the same kinda submariner style? For example the Certina DS Action Diver, its a quality swiss gen watch with an automatic movement that's good for a everyday watch. I really like that watch but at the same time the Rolex Submariner is so much nicer in my opinion. I want to buy the swiss replica of the Rolex for around 300 dollars on trusty time, but the problem is that I'm just 16 years old.

A 16 year old kid with a Rolex doesn't really make that much sense even though I'm from a wealthy family that could afford many of these high-end watches. But my parents don't wanna spend that much money on me for just a watch. What do you think of kids wearing these watches? But remember, I'm not really one of these stereotype kids with hoodies etc I'm pretty much only wearing (in many ppls opinion) expensive clothes, polo shirts etc. So my friends wouldn't think it was something special if I got a real Rolex, actually my friend got one.

But another question is, how good are these Rolex swiss replicas? I've heared ttw88 is really good but can you use them as an everyday watch? I don't want an everyday watch like the Breitlings with a lot of details that can fall off, I just want a pretty simple, nice looking, diver kind of watch.

So, do you think I should go with a Rolex Submariner Swiss replica on trusty time or buy the Certina DS Action Diver? I am happy with the Certina but it will probably just end up wanting the Rolex anyways... Im totally in love with that watch, literally looking on videos and photos of it everyday haha.

Sorry for long post but I really need help finding a new watch smile.png

Thanks!

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

Khronos

16=Certina, simple :)

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG, get yourself a Rolex sub-c from BK. Great watch and you will be very happy with it.

SSTEEL

Welcome to RWG. Maybe ask a mod to move to intro section?

dalboy

Welcome to RWG

Longines Hydroconquest .

Dal.

George.

Welcome

Wear whatever you want! you don't need to justify it to anyone. Don't go telling people it's real cause thats when you can be really called out.

Andrew at TTW is an excellent dealer. Seeing as it's CNY at the moment, you'd have to wait a bit if you placed an order now. Once you get at least 5 posts, you can view the M2M section - Where members sell their goodies to others. Subs come up there all the time.

Keep an eye out!

Best of luck in your new hobby

Kleen™
Welcome

Wear whatever you want! you don't need to justify it to anyone. Don't go telling people it's real cause thats when you can be really called out.

Andrew at TTW is an excellent dealer. Seeing as it's CNY at the moment, you'd have to wait a bit if you placed an order now. Once you get at least 5 posts, you can view the M2M section - Where members sell their goodies to others. Subs come up there all the time.

Keep an eye out!

Best of luck in your new hobby

^ This.

flyr

I know car analogies suck but I'll try any way. Suppose you can buy a car that looks almost like your favorite Ferrari, is almost as fast, but comes with no warranty,and was made under very little quality control. The motor has never been tuned up or the oil changed, and very few reliable people are willing to look under the hood If and when you have troubles.The good thing is you can get it for less than 10% of the real Ferrari price. Would you buy it?

If you say yes to this you may be in the market for a rep Rolex sub, if not a nice gen like the Certina may be a better bet for now.

Whatever you decide ,Welcome to the forum!

Kleen™

If you want gen quality, but like the style of subs there are many great homages to be had as well: Check out Steinhart's ocean series...

austinsom

Welcome to RWG

Longines Hydroconquest .

Dal.

+1

Absolutely agree with this. I have one myself, and they are superbly well made for the money, and different enough to a sub to not look like some sort of clone, yet close enough to satisfy you if you like the look of a sub. Look it up and see what you think :)

Hello and welcome at RWG,

You can buy very nice Rolex Subs for $100, $200 or $300 USD. The more you are willing to pay the more closer it will come to Gen. The first thing people think when they see a Rolex is that its probably a fake one. It doesn't matter if it is rep or Gen you wear at that point.

If you want a real good Sub, go for BK's Sub-c. See mine :-)

71fdd452120d3e39be2b67420fb0317a_zps10cc19d5.jpg

Good luck with what ever you decide!

azter

Thanks for all the answers guys! :)

Still thinking about it, but it's so hard. Like, sometimes i want to get a gen certina, but ones I see the Rolex sub I only want that haha

DG335

Welcome to RWG

Longines Hydroconquest .

Dal.

yes agree or similar elegant understated Breitling SO44

Kleen™
Thanks for all the answers guys! :)

Still thinking about it, but it's so hard. Like, sometimes i want to get a gen certina, but ones I see the Rolex sub I only want that haha

You should buy what you like. Compromising on that will leave to dissatisfaction. Get a sub....

kamma

Hello and Welcome to rwg :)

mrtsumoto80

If you want gen quality, but like the style of subs there are many great homages to be had as well: Check out Steinhart's ocean series...

+1

My nephew has your age and has a real Rolex Sub. I do not. Thing is I have many other things to pay such as two cars a very expensive mountain bike and mortgage among other things so you get the point. Anyway you could be the kid wearing a very nice replica or the hipster wearing a Steinhart telling your friends about style.

Anyways welcome to the forum

nathtommo_9

Rolex Daytona.

I'm 21 and I think this is a brilliant classy watch with that young sporty feel. I absolutely love mine.

DAYimage12.jpeg

DAYimage6.jpeg

Daywatch

Hi and welcome to the Forum. If You want a submariner or a seadweller You can get one for 168 - 188 USD plus shipping and they are fine, look for the green-lumed 16600 series because these are available used and just a little less flashy than the brandnew ceramic ones. Personally I would recommend an Omega PO or a perfect watch I would have loved somebody to give me when I was 16: The gen Seiko SKX007 (it´s black) or 009 (it´s Pepsi), (from 133 Euro shipped with DHL) a true classic, a reliable 200m divers watch with an in-house built movement and comes on strap or SS bracelet. This is a true Seiko-gen, no Rolex-copy, has the great lumibrite Seiko-lume and Robert Redford wears it in "All is lost". Absolutely recommend Creation Watches for this, very reliable and fastest shipper in the world (ordered on Saturday, cleared EU-customs Monday, Tuesday in the office)

Seiko SKX009 on the left - 16600 Seadweller on the right - btw the dial is a very deep blue on the SKX009, black on the SKX007

SeikoDramaticL1050732-1.jpg

Edited by Daywatch

azter

Thanks!

I think I know which watch I'm going to go with now. So no replica for me, I'll go with the Certina! :)

487928d1312745286-has-anyone-experience-new-certina-ds-action-diver-dsaction.jpg

mrtsumoto80

Good choice!

sinto

I have the Certina DS action diver too and love it. Very smooth crown handling, keeps time nicely. I like the rugged bezel shape. The material on the lunette is interesting: I'm not sure what exactly it is - some kind of epoxy perhaps - but it has the shine of a ceramic lunette, very liquid smooth black....