Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

GTG in GZ.

Luthier

OK, Let’s start from unpleasant thing. I fly to China quite often, always use chinese airlines, never had any problems. This time the only ticket available was for Delta. Paid $860 one way (usually $1100 round trip), came to airport 2 hours before flight, tried to get boarding pass electronically, wasted 40 min. on stupid computer, that resisted even with Delta guys help, finally, they sent me to the counter, where I appeared 1h. 15min. before flight. More than enough time, right? Wrooong… Counter lady looooked in my innocent blue eyes, and said – “You’re 2 minutes late, get outta hereâ€. And boarded 3 japanese guys, who were behind me in line. She sent me to “Special Serviceâ€, that “might to helpâ€. After loookingon me, SS guy said – “No way Jose, you’ll fly from hereâ€. Basta. Cries didn’t work, promises to blow up LAX to the fucking mother too.

So, I went back home, bought another ticket for chinese airline ($1000), and bombarded Delta with refund demand. He.He.He, said Delta. So, I lost $860, and going to sue Delta upon returning home. Long story short – I landed in GZ this morning, 6am, to be precise.

Called Mary, and met her on the Watch market, where another guy, Raptor, from our forum, already salivated around. OK, we started from one watch…

DSCF0092.jpg

And finished few hours later with 5-6 watches each in Mary's office...

DSCF0096.jpg

But before I came there, I visited "tools market", where I usually buy superbits for my Dremel, and bought there genuine Omega Onion year 1882...:P :ttiwwop:

DSCF0109.jpg

DSCF0113.jpg

DSCF0114.jpg

Also bough 2 gorgeous Longines, one SS with bracelet, another with RG bezel and leather...

DSCF0103.jpg

DSCF0126-1.jpg

Latest Pumpkin with Swiss 2836 and correct HE valve placement:

DSCF0116.jpg

So, final picture - Carrera with A7750 for my son, 2 Longines, PO, and "Destro" Regatta (bought also extra SS bracelet and extra dial):

DSCF0132.jpg

Jan bough full black ceramic Hublot, RG Hublot with bracelet, little Baloon Bleu for mom, and 2-3 Breitlings for dad and friends.

We had great time, lots of fun, he's just great guy, and Mary is fantastic person, that we all know already.

CHEERS!!!

P.S. Looooooking on our pics with Jan, I'm thinking - if we both would appear in LAX, we'd be surrounded by SWAT in the next 5 seconds...

:)

Ska

AMAZING haul George!!!

Love the RG longines, classic elegance!

Does the Pumpkin have happy feet? can't see from the photos?

Sorry about the flight hassle - delta are bastards!

pollux1

Nice write up Luth!

sfa437

Way cool brother. Need me an orange/orange UPO!

You should have known that DELTA= Doesn't Ever Leave The Airport though!

Tofast4u2c

Thanks for sharing. Glad your trip had a great ending.

Member X

Blimey, that sounds like a nightmare trip! I hope you get Delta for being complete arses!!

I like Mary's office, I wish I had an office like that :ttiwwop: lol

Must have been an expensive trip so far, especially with all that shopping :P :)

Luthier

Yup. Almost $2000 ticket to GZ, will pay $1000 for trip back, spent almost $1000 on watchez... FUN!!!

I already talked to my lawyer, he's itching to sue these jerks, collecting information.

greg_r

Sorry to hear of your problems with those bastards at Delta (I won't fly with 'em either). Sounds like a great trip otherwise. That Omega Onion looks awesome! :ttiwwop:

Silverspeed

Looks like a great trip, despite the airline crap...

Like the Longines...real cool

JohnG

Those omega fob watches are turning up everywhere lately. A lot of antique places in the States are trying to pass them off as gen (maybe they believe it). :ttiwwop: They are cool looking though.

gB.

Nice haul of watches indeed! And yes, Delta sucks. Unfortunately they are my primary option because I live in Atlanta..

Btw, you look just like I imagined you would, based on your forum presence... :ttiwwop:

Luthier
Those omega fob watches are turning up everywhere lately. A lot of antique places in the States are trying to pass them off as gen (maybe they believe it). :lol: They are cool looking though.

John, I paid $20, wouldn't you buy it?

:)

Luthier

2 days ago met Lay, from ReplicaMake, very nice and pleasant guy!!! So, it was second GTG.

And yesterday met Mary again, and bought 3 watches for my son and girl/friend.

AP Quartz, Cartier Santos, and Bvlgari Assioma, my favorite.

DSCF0067-1.jpg

DSCF0064-1.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0125.jpg

DSCF0128.jpg

DSCF0129.jpg

DSCF0137.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0106.jpg

DSCF0108.jpg

DSCF0109-1.jpg

DSCF0120.jpg

So, total 9 watches, and two Montblanc pens. Welcome to US Customs, man...

:lol:

DSCF0142.jpg

Member X

Brave trying to get that lot back!! lol

Luthier
Brave trying to get that lot back!! lol

Once I brought 12 watches...

;)

AustinTech

For the most part, DELTA are asshats. But I too live in Atlanta, and they are usually the best game in town. Sad, but true. But I still hate them.

skintrade

Really interesting post to actually see the buying experience

KBH
For the most part, DELTA are asshats. But I too live in Atlanta, and they are usually the best game in town. Sad, but true. But I still hate them.

Let me tell you about my Delta experience!

Last trip to Costa Rica, my wife and I were supposed to leave mid morning. The plane taxis and aborts. Comes back to the terminal where they try to fix it for about 3 hours. Finally they give up and bring in another planes. Another couple of hours waiting. They get the baggage transferred and we re-board. Another hour sitting at the terminal and as we are preparing for departure an Ultra Orthodox Jewish couple decides that it's too late in the day for them to leave as they would not be indoors for the start of their Sabbath, or whatever Holy Day was coming, so they insist on debarking. Now, of course the FAA rules state that unattended baggage cannot go on the flight so the baggage handlers have to come on and search the baggage area for their bags. Another hour or so sitting in the damn plane. So we spent the first day of our vacation sitting in Delta airplanes, a total nightmare.

Instead of being there by noon, we arrived well after dark.

Luthier

Worst thing is... Day after tomorrow I'm flying home from HK on... Delta!!!

Member X

Enjoy!! :rofl: :(