Sign in to follow this  
themoo-12

Glad I did some QC on my Daytona

themoo-12

I recently received 2 ladies roles 2 ceramic subs a UPO and a Daytona from Mary. All the watches were fine and dandy, but I noticed my Daytona would make a clunking noise at the slightest movement soo I decided to open the caseback. The rotor was hanging on by a thread (no damage) all I had to do was tighten the screw. Other then that I am thoroughly pleased :)

greg_r

Yup - that's happened to me too. Not a frequent occurrence with the better dealers such as Mary and Robert, but it still occasionally happens - was probably slightly loose to start off with and got worse in transit...

themoo-12
Yup - that's happened to me too. Not a frequent occurrence with the better dealers such as Mary and Robert, but it still occasionally happens - was probably slightly loose to start off with and got worse in transit...

Oh nothing against Mary Im almost postiive the postmen punted the box because it had a mammoth of a dent in it!

Member X

They always seem to do that...

Either that or leave it outside the front door in full view of everyone walking past :) lol

gB.

Hi themoo,

What are you using to open your Rollie casebacks? Specilized tool just for rollies, or a universal tool? I have the RWG toolkit that Col sold me, but the universal opener in that kit does not work on Rollies.... :)

dingle
Hi themoo,

What are you using to open your Rollie casebacks? Specilized tool just for rollies, or a universal tool? I have the RWG toolkit that Col sold me, but the universal opener in that kit does not work on Rollies.... :lol:

hmmmmmmmm....tried the ball of duck tape yet? :D......every good southerner has some of that laying around

Dr Yan

i just got a noobmariner and gmt master from TS and of course im itchin to open em up.

i never was into rollies before so i never had a rollie case opener, omegas were always my thing.

Anywho,Ive just ordered a rollie opener thing on eblag.

it was cheap enough , hope it does the job .

ill post when it arrives and let you know if it is any use.

only goes up to 29.5mm so it wont do DSSD .

digger2

The ball of duck tape... I have used it and it seems to produce a waterproof caseback on a noobmariner but to which depth other parts leftout? My guess is 5 ATM without extreme measures... Someone tested this?

Silverspeed

Best to make it a habit when you receive a rep to check if all the screws from the bracelet,

caseback etc are secure, take off the caseback to check if the rotor is running freely, sometimes

the rotor is loose and other times the rotor is so tightly screwed it hardly moves

KBH

Duct tape seems to be the easiest, quickest and safest way to open Rollie reps. Absolutely no chance of scratching the case back, unlike the mechanical openers.

themoo-12

I have a caseback opener for rollies, but duck tape works wonders :lol:

Dr Yan

the casebacks from TS seem to be very tightly closed, couldnt even budge them with duct tape or other type of opener.

Luthier

How 'bout a few pictures of Tona?

themoo-12
How 'bout a few pictures of Tona?

Coming soon!