Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Flying to / Staying in Malaysia (KL)?

Member X

Hey all :D

I may have the opportunity to get flights to Malaysia silly cheap - like £600 return for two people...

I would probably need to book a hotel separately though.

How much are they to stay in a decent one?

What is the cost of eating out?

Will I get bombarded by those annoying street vendors trying to sell me all manner of shit? lol

They're doing crazy cheap onward flights as well but the missus can only take a week so I can't go on to Australia or Thailand :)

Any help very much appreciated!! ;)

Luto
Hey all :D

I may have the opportunity to get flights to Malaysia silly cheap - like £600 return for two people...

I would probably need to book a hotel separately though.

How much are they to stay in a decent one?

What is the cost of eating out?

Will I get bombarded by those annoying street vendors trying to sell me all manner of shit? lol

They're doing crazy cheap onward flights as well but the missus can only take a week so I can't go on to Australia or Thailand :lol:

Any help very much appreciated!! :)

tripadvisor.com is your friend. however, malaysia/KL is generally not that expensive. the locals are very friendly too though the chinese market areas they can be a bit hassling. otherwise the shopping malls are fantastic!

Member X

Cheers for the reply :)

I've spent the last 6 hours on the computer looking up places and trying to find somewhere decent to stay :D lol

So far I think I want to do 3 or 4 days in KL then head to a coastal place for some beach, perhaps even go to Bali or Bangkok - it's looking like £300 for return flights to KL, c.£20-30 a night for a half decent hotel, but then it's food and drink on top (not much) and also taxi or train costs... I also have no idea how far resorts are from airports so don't want to book a beach place that's 5 hours drive! lol

Ungh, decisions...

If it's £600 for flights for us and £250 for rooms for 9 nights, that seems quite reasonable, it's just the added things I don't want to get stung with.

I also hate being somewhere I can't speak the language - I don't want to be 'gullible johnny foreigner' being laughed at by street vendors and hotel staff while they take the piss and I can't understand :lol: lol

prestigewatchco

Better you through book to Bangkok it's only an Hour or so by air . I have been to KL many times to get visas in the past and unless the place has changed dramatically in last couple of years the 24 hours I used to spend there was more than enough.

Member X

lol

Thanks for the heads up ;)

As it turns out, my email notification of cheap flights was pretty much the first news out - 24 hours later (after I spent hours checking out that hotels were available, weren't in the equivalent of the bronx, and wouldn't rape my wallet) all the cheap flights have gone... :D

Bit gutted really. I could have done Bangkok for £400 return, or Ghuangzou (spelling?) for under £500...

*sigh*

Ah well.

He who hesitates is lost, and all that...

I guess I should pay off my Robert-damaged plastic first anyway ;) lol :lol:

barkingtoad

You would of only had loads of street vendors trying to flog you fake watches anyway :D:lol:;)

prestigewatchco

Good idea to pay the cards X. You would have been sick as a minto if you had got in debt to go to KL believe me!!

Member X

lol

Cards it is then :D

Although your Sale to end all Sales is NOT going to help... :lol:

apoopoo999

You'd be surprised how many people in KL can speak english. At first I was alittle scared of the muslims but they are obviously not the same type you find in iraq or pakistan. oh and malaysians girls are hot.

Member X

This last bit is true.

Sadly I would be going with the missus... :lol: lol