Sign in to follow this  
mistabonze

What is the difference between the ceramic bezel

mistabonze

What is the difference with the ceramic bezel subs. Are these the newest ones that the Gen subs have. I have noticed that the clasps are different. Did Rolex change these as well? Was going to get the asian copy Black SS Noobfactory sub from Timeshop posted from a previous thread a few days ago. Thought $93 bucks was a steal. Want to confirm this should be my best choice (value, close copy to Gen and reliable). Im replacing a Gen 2005 that Im going to sell so want something really good. Dont know if I should consider a ceramicfor the $165. I trust you guys here so should this be the one or should I go for something else from another dealer or another from this dealer.

Edited by mistabonze

AllergyDoc

the black ceramic subs are new this year. I think Rolex is releasing them this fall. there are lots of changes over the older Subs: solid midlinks, bigger case, Maxi dial, different clasp. If you get one with a nicely centered pearl, the only "tell" would be the rehaut printing, which is slightly off. I have one and I love it so much I sold off my WM9 Sub.

Tofast4u2c
the black ceramic subs are new this year. I think Rolex is releasing them this fall. there are lots of changes over the older Subs: solid midlinks, bigger case, Maxi dial, different clasp. If you get one with a nicely centered pearl, the only "tell" would be the rehaut printing, which is slightly off. I have one and I love it so much I sold off my WM9 Sub.

Doc, who do you think provides the best rep for that version???

MikeMcNair

tofast, i am still kinda new here, but from all that i have read, and all the questions i have asked, i have come to the conclusion that BK is the guy for the best reps of subs etc. he gets great products, guarantees the movements to be genuine swiss items, and he does a few modifications to enhance their accuracy. he is however not the fastest nor the most communicative seller from what i gather, but to me that is inconsequential when purchasing a rep of the best standards.

the other option is a WM9 rep, (watchmaker9), which is likely the most expensie rep you will ever buy, but also the most accurate.

here is an example of BK's sub, a great rep, a good price, and a TON of happy customers..... http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6180

here is an example of his WM9 offerings.....

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6183

now, you can contact Mary, and ask her to get EXACTLY what you want, and she likely can. for instance, i have been looking for a Blue ceramic sub, with a glidelock bracelet, a good pearl, proper rehaut engravings, and a genuine swiss movement, and while she does not have it this second, she can get it, and it will have all the qualifications on my list. she is a little easier to deal with for noobs like us because she is easy to contact and communicates well. her prices are a little easier to swallow also, but she will not have the finite details that BK puts into his pieces.

so its a little of a toss up, but wither way you cant really go wrong ya know. both dealers are on the trusted dealer list (that was PM'd to you upon registration for this site) and both have a TON of positive feedback.

i hope this helps.

dingle

anybody done a side by side pictorial of these yet?

AD---andygt sent me a link to some rollie forum with a guy with his "new" ceramic sub he recently received. Have they hit the market yet or not?

:)

Member X
tofast, i am still kinda new here, but from all that i have read, and all the questions i have asked, i have come to the conclusion that BK is the guy for the best reps of subs etc. he gets great products, guarantees the movements to be genuine swiss items, and he does a few modifications to enhance their accuracy. he is however not the fastest nor the most communicative seller from what i gather, but to me that is inconsequential when purchasing a rep of the best standards.

the other option is a WM9 rep, (watchmaker9), which is likely the most expensie rep you will ever buy, but also the most accurate.

Good post, Mike - you are learning well, young padawan :yoda: ;):)

Just to clarify though, BK is the rep forums' 'official' seller of WM9 watches, so to speak. WM9 ships him parts, he assembles, QCs and posts out. For this you pay a little bit more than other reps (but the same as WM9, iirc) - whether the slight extra delay while BK does his extra work is worth it is up to you, but it is generally accepted that the WM9 products are the most accurate rolex reps out there, that the WM9 development process is slower than a snail on a sunday stroll lol, and that BK's extra QC over buying direct from WM9 is seen as a very good thing indeed, and a worthwhile investment :clap:

It can take foooooooorrrreeeeevvvvveeerrrrrrr to get a WM9 watch, either direct or through BK, but so far they have delivered every single time :clap: Just about a year late (so far) in the case of the SeaDweller... LOL :notworthy:

AllergyDoc

Everything I read says they're not out until the end of the year. The black bezel model. The blue one is at the ADs now. Probably a few guys might have one, well connected guys. Who knows.

BK's offering is the best, IMO. He'll make sure the crystal is pressed correctly, the date fonts look better, that your movement is a true gen, etc.

I'm going to wear my $100 model for a month or so to see if I want to upgrade. Hopefully the newest releases have even lume on the hands and hour markers. Mine is much weaker on the hands than the markers.

dingle
BK's offering is the best, IMO. He'll make sure the crystal is pressed correctly, the date fonts look better, that your movement is a true gen, etc.

THIS is what I needed to hear. Now just a short wait for some extra cash :notworthy:

btw---here is the link andy gave me :)

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=129652

AllergyDoc

Wonder how he got it. Wasn't through an AD, he said. Someone snuck one out of the factory! Rolex will have his balls.

The gen looks just like the reps! :)

Eiderdaus

As far as I know from my juweliery guy Black sub ceramic is not on the market and all pics that are out are reps. Rolex has not released any sales and any pictures to avoid copying the watch. So far all is fantasy about the black ceramic bezel sub and I would wait to buy a rep until the gen on is on the market und less you will wear the blue one which costs about 16k euros as gen. This is what prevents me from buying the rep since this watch got the "too expensive" look as daily beater.

AllergyDoc

Perhaps, but the pearl on the watch in DB's link does not protrude like the rep pearls do.

Silverspeed

The gen black Ceramic Sub is already out...although not all markets have them yet, believe the US dealers had them first

even the EU grey market dealers have them already...at insane prices 30% above list price

Dealers that say Rolex hasn't released them for sale and all pics are of reps is full off bull shit or as we say in NL:

"hij lult uit z'n nek!"

AllergyDoc
This guy bought one on Florida. He's selling it for $9K. No takers in 3 days.