Sign in to follow this  
graman

IWC Ingenieur - Arrival from Mary

graman

Hey all!

Will come back and modify / update this post, but I had to show you what just arrived in the mail today!

ingywristy2.jpg

ingycu2.jpg

I contacted Mary for this watch about a month ago...The service was prompt, and it took only a few days.

Originally, I ordered it with a bracelet, however the factory ran out. At first I was shattered ( for about 10 seconds..get a grip, it's just a watch :lol:) Then thought...no biggie...so I checked (after putting a thread up on the board here) with Mary to see if we could source one..Mary is checking when they come back in, and doing me a great deal on one.

Meaning - rather than knock her back on a watch that she's then stuck with (the factory won't accept back), I expressed that I'd prefer to go through with the transaction and follow up afterwards.

Mary was most accommodating and went beyond what was required in her commitment here.

Time rolled on, and there were some problems....The watch was one of the ones failing Mary's QC.

Again, no biggie...I just said to take her time....I'd rather a watch that finally passes her QC.

This Ladies and Gents, is one of the things that impressed me. Mary really goes in hard on the factories to give us the best deal and quality possible.

So.....an email arrives from Mary with the tracking number...great!

Slip arrives in the mail yesterday.....pick up package from post office.

Wife picks up today

Graman comes home.......whoa!

Not only is my watch in the box (and I think it's sensational), but Mary's slipped in a Montblanc pen, I presume for the wait.

Wait????...man!....This is service!

ingymb1.jpg

ingymb2.jpg

So the wash up.

This was my first transaction with Mary.

It will certainly not be my last.

Whilst I really value a strong process to order, pay and ship the product, you don't always have the best experience in the rare times when process that robust go awry, and you're left high and dry.

I had this experience with the Cartel recently, where it took about 6 weeks to get a defective watch repaired...it's still in transit.

While this transaction has had quite a few ups and downs, I'm very grateful to have gone through it.

I think the mettle of a good dealer is proven when the transaction is NOT smooth, due to factors outside their control, and yet the communication and commitment do not falter.

Not only that, but a gesture in the form of a pen is included without any word for the inconvenience (This was not expected, and I don't think anyone should expect this)....I'm not used to this....regardless of the delays or the difficulty, which wasn't smooth, but certainly didn't end the world.

Suffice it to say, after my rant, that Mary is a brilliant dealer, and has my trust and custom.

Full review to come.

dingle

well done mate.

hands down to Mary on this one. Above and beyond the call :lol:

graman

Cheers mate...Way above and beyond the call.

Mary is a great, and highly professional dealer who has earned my respect, my gratitude and a great deal of customer loyalty.

greg_r

Ingy looks great - and congrats on the pen!

Way to go, Mary :lol:

Luthier

I'll meet Mary tomorrow, and will pass your gratitude to her.

I ordered Ingy for my son, but he wants with bracelet only, so, I'll wait.

Here's +37 in Guangzhou, and 200% humidity... hard to breath.

But Mary spent all day with Raptor and me on the Watch Market, so, she definitely is fantastic person and greatest dealer ever.

Good watch and nice pen, lucky bastard you arrreee...

:lol:

graman

Cheers mate!

Definitely a lucky bastard!

Can't wait to get a bracelet on this.....it will be superb.

Mary is without a doubt, the most sensational dealer!

Silverspeed

Ooh...that's a good looking Ingy...looks like it has great double AR

is the strap it is on now kevlar or leather?

graman

AR on this is fantastic...sometimes you'd think there was no crystal in it at all! :D

Same tell tale blue tint on the right angle, but very good!

Strap is leather base with a kevlar top, or at least a kevlar style top!

Hard to take it off my wrist :thumbsup:

mbjoer

It is such a nice watch this one.

What has held me back has been the strap. I never trust a rep-strap. Am I wong in this case?

Or where can I get a reasonably priced one that fits and looks good?

graman

The strap is certainly not brilliant, but it's holding up while Mary sources a bracelet.

The strap is leather with a kevlar polymer top. works well, and wears well, but I'll be happier with it when I have it on a bracelet.