Sign in to follow this  
cigator

Let Me Introduce Myself

cigator

Glad to have found this site. I also found the RepGeek site, but it is already down 1 day after I found it. I am a casual collector. I have several genuine high end watches (Rolex Presidential, Datejust, Breitling Montbrillant. Patek). As I have gotten older (and wiser), I relaized that I like the look and feel of genuine, but in all honesty, they are way over-priced. I thought I would give high-end replicas a look-see. i haven't purchesed any yet, but I am doing my homework. I looked at trusted dealers on this site. Can anyone tell me which dealer tends to offer what you might consider the higher-end replicas. By that I mean, best quality control, and as true to the genuine available. Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself. I look forward to learning more from posters on this site.

AllergyDoc

Hate to sound like a broken record, but BK sells the best Rolex replicas. He doesn't make anything (other than a custom date wheel), he assembles and QCs them.

Outside of Rolex, most of the dealers here all have access to the same watches. Best thing is, develop a relationship with a dealer or two, then carefully select your models based on others' reviews and ask you dealer to source you one.

Would be nice to see some pics of your gens. :)

dingle

welcome cigator.

It is a shame about RG really....I started there myself.....

Anyway, it sounds like you have done most of your homework. All the replica's are basically the same with different movements causing the price difference. The best thing to do is keep reading and ask questions along the way.

welcome again to the nuthouse :)

MikeMcNair

you and i sound similar cigator, welcome!! doc is right, BK's are good pieces. here is a post i put up like 20 min ago in another thread, it might be helpful to ya as well...

"i am still kinda new here, but from all that i have read, and all the questions i have asked, i have come to the conclusion that BK is the guy for the best reps of subs etc. he gets great products, guarantees the movements to be genuine swiss items, and he does a few modifications to enhance their accuracy. he is however not the fastest nor the most communicative seller from what i gather, but to me that is inconsequential when purchasing a rep of the best standards.

the other option is a WM9 rep, (watchmaker9), which is likely the most expensie rep you will ever buy, but also the most accurate.

here is an example of BK's sub, a great rep, a good price, and a TON of happy customers..... http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6180

here is an example of his WM9 offerings.....

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6183

now, you can contact Mary, and ask her to get EXACTLY what you want, and she likely can. for instance, i have been looking for a Blue ceramic sub, with a glidelock bracelet, a good pearl, proper rehaut engravings, and a genuine swiss movement, and while she does not have it this second, she can get it, and it will have all the qualifications on my list. she is a little easier to deal with for noobs like us because she is easy to contact and communicates well. her prices are a little easier to swallow also, but she will not have the finite details that BK puts into his pieces.

so its a little of a toss up, but wither way you cant really go wrong ya know. both dealers are on the trusted dealer list (that was PM'd to you upon registration for this site) and both have a TON of positive feedback.

i hope this helps."

Edited by mikemcnair

cigator
you and i sound similar cigator, welcome!! doc is right, BK's are good pieces. here is a post i put up like 20 min ago in another thread, it might be helpful to ya as well...

"i am still kinda new here, but from all that i have read, and all the questions i have asked, i have come to the conclusion that BK is the guy for the best reps of subs etc. he gets great products, guarantees the movements to be genuine swiss items, and he does a few modifications to enhance their accuracy. he is however not the fastest nor the most communicative seller from what i gather, but to me that is inconsequential when purchasing a rep of the best standards.

the other option is a WM9 rep, (watchmaker9), which is likely the most expensie rep you will ever buy, but also the most accurate.

here is an example of BK's sub, a great rep, a good price, and a TON of happy customers..... http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6180

here is an example of his WM9 offerings.....

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6183

now, you can contact Mary, and ask her to get EXACTLY what you want, and she likely can. for instance, i have been looking for a Blue ceramic sub, with a glidelock bracelet, a good pearl, proper rehaut engravings, and a genuine swiss movement, and while she does not have it this second, she can get it, and it will have all the qualifications on my list. she is a little easier to deal with for noobs like us because she is easy to contact and communicates well. her prices are a little easier to swallow also, but she will not have the finite details that BK puts into his pieces.

so its a little of a toss up, but wither way you cant really go wrong ya know. both dealers are on the trusted dealer list (that was PM'd to you upon registration for this site) and both have a TON of positive feedback.

i hope this helps."

thanks for the input. Not clear on WM9, or noobfactory. What dealer site is associated with "Mary". I looked at Bk's DSSD at $390, but I saw another trusted dealer with that watch for around $280. Both are noobfactory. Would it make a great deal of difference which dealer I purchased from? Thanks for the help.

skintrade

Hi and welcome, for info 'Mary' is Watch International.

AllergyDoc

Mary's price for the DSSD BK is selling is $335: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6490

BK makes upgrades to his: custom date wheel, makes sure the crystal is pressed correctly, and realigns the rehaut engraving if necessary. He also guarantees the movement will be gen ETA. I believe Mary will make sure it's a gen ETA as well. BK is in the U.S. and thus is easier to deal with (time zone is more convenient, shipping is faster, and no customs worries).

Up to you whether the $55 is worth it to you or not. Both are excellent dealers.

WM9 makes their own parts (Rolex only). BK is the U.S. distributor for them. He does his usual QC and upgrades on WM9 watches.

Noobfactory is now a marketing term, IMO. Used to be an assembler in Bankok but now can mean almost anything, I guess.

Fiddo

Hello cigator! :lol:

Welcome!

cigator
Mary's price for the DSSD BK is selling is $335: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6490

BK makes upgrades to his: custom date wheel, makes sure the crystal is pressed correctly, and realigns the rehaut engraving if necessary. He also guarantees the movement will be gen ETA. I believe Mary will make sure it's a gen ETA as well. BK is in the U.S. and thus is easier to deal with (time zone is more convenient, shipping is faster, and no customs worries).

Up to you whether the $55 is worth it to you or not. Both are excellent dealers.

WM9 makes their own parts (Rolex only). BK is the U.S. distributor for them. He does his usual QC and upgrades on WM9 watches.

Noobfactory is now a marketing term, IMO. Used to be an assembler in Bankok but now can mean almost anything, I guess.

I think I will try BK for my first order, if I can have reasonable communication. I like the fact he is USA, so I dont have to worry about custom problems. That is probably worth the price difference, plus you get the quality check and a few mods. Thanks for the input. I will post about my experience with BK.

coolin

Holy shit dude all those gens! I hope the reps live up to your expectations I hope you let us know what you think after being spoilt for so long when you get your 1st delivery. I'm 50 next year and my wife has 5k uk pounds at my disposal for my one and only gen to go with my dozen or so reps and I'm finding it so hard to decide.

cigator
Holy shit dude all those gens! I hope the reps live up to your expectations I hope you let us know what you think after being spoilt for so long when you get your 1st delivery. I'm 50 next year and my wife has 5k uk pounds at my disposal for my one and only gen to go with my dozen or so reps and I'm finding it so hard to decide.

We are the same age. I guess I've had my thrill with spending too much for genuine watches. I still wear them, mostly the datejust, I've had that the longest. At least from the pictures, I dont see the big difference between genuines and good replicas. I would like to slowly get a few replicas that I can wear regularly and not worry about damage or stolen. I ordered a DSSD from Bk Garage. At 50 my eyes must be going because I compared his pictures to pictures of an original and I cant really see a difference. My next will probably be an Omega Bond watch, always liked them but not enough to spend a few thousand on.