Sign in to follow this  
dec132

Chrono Evolution?

dec132

I'm looking for a rep for everyday use (not collecting, not yet at least) and want to get it right the 1st time if possible. I love this Evo on Andrew's site

BSW0194D - Chronomat Evo SS/SS Grey Sticks A-7750 28800bph

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_141&products_id=10015

but there doesn't seem to be many Evo threads on this forum. Is that b/c the Evo is not as popular of a watch or b/c the rep is not as accurate? If the latter is the case, I might go with something like

BSW0203D - 2011 Avenger Chrono SS/SS Graphite A-7750 28800

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_137&products_id=10552

Correct me if I'm wrong, but older posts suggest the Avenger as a super rep, so I'm assuming this is a safe choice. Can anyone speak to whether or not this is still the case?

Thanks,

Dan

AllergyDoc

The Evo reps were all the rage back in 2005-07 when improved models came out. But just like last year's girlfriend, they've been abandoned for sleeker, sexier models. They are dressier than the Avenger, which is likely why many guys go for the Avenger over the Evo. I bought an Evo from Ruby back when, but sold it off when I turned my back to watches with fake diamonds. Let me see if I can drum up an old picture...

3291422173_9bd4b00be5_o.jpg

I forgot that I also owned this Evo:

3292240388_6669b100ac_b.jpg

I sold the two-tone model to Slicemaster, and regret doing so.

dec132

Thanks. I think I am going to go with a grey dial Skyland 45mm v4. It sounds like it's hard to go wrong with the Skyland Avenger v4 from what I'm reading, and it does look great. It is on TB's site and I contacted him but he said he's not accepting PP? Do the other TD's have access to the same quality of Skyland's? I've read several times that all of the TD's have access to same/similar inventory, but it seems that everyone buys this model from TB. Any advice? Thanks.

AllergyDoc

With few exceptions, all dealers have access to the same watches. The exceptions I'm familiar with are mostly geographical; i.e., if a watch is only available in Thailand, only dealers who travel to or have contacts in Thailand can access that watch.

afterburn999

deleted

Edited by afterburn999