Sign in to follow this  
themoo-12

Daytona From Mary

themoo-12

Hello again :lol: I got this little bundle of joy in the mail the other day from Mary and I am very pleased! I think the watch is extremely well done with the clasp, band, and markings. I had debated on getting this watch for some time due to the movement issues, but I think its worth the risk :) Anyway, here are some pics.....

1copy.jpg

2copy.jpg

3copy.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

Thanks for looking! Next on my list is one of GC's watches if he will let me take it off his hands :)

ilyailya

i want a daytona too. Not sure which one to get. Either modded one or just a cheap version .

themoo-12
i want a daytona too. Not sure which one to get. Either modded one or just a cheap version .

Buy the one you want then send it off for a graphite treatment :lol: most watch smiths will guarantee the movement for at least a year

MikeMcNair

By graphite, do you mean powder lube?

Luthier
By graphite, do you mean powder lube?

No, just stick a few graphite rods from your pencil inside the mov't, gears will ground it to the dust and lubricate themselves.

:lol:

gB.
:lol:

prestigewatchco

Normally I would say don't bother doing anything until you have a problem the fix is no more work than having the graphite treatment done it needs to be almost completely taken apart to do the treatment and the offending parts in the event of failure will need to be removed for the treatment anyway.

that said looking at that watch I am not 100% sure it is an upgrade version with the lightened gears it looks like an earlier version so maybe an idea to get it done sooner rather than later

themoo-12
Normally I would say don't bother doing anything until you have a problem the fix is no more work than having the graphite treatment done it needs to be almost completely taken apart to do the treatment and the offending parts in the event of failure will need to be removed for the treatment anyway.

that said looking at that watch I am not 100% sure it is an upgrade version with the lightened gears it looks like an earlier version so maybe an idea to get it done sooner rather than later

What makes you think its the old version?

MikeMcNair

A month ago I would have been offended by yer canter, but now I know it is just your way of handling a situation where you have nothing of value to say.

ZING :lol:

gB.
A month ago I would have been offended by yer canter, but now I know it is just your way of handling a situation where you have nothing of value to say.

ZING :)

Whatch you talkin' 'bout Willis? :lol:

prestigewatchco

Older style case set

themoo-12

Older style case set

Ah ok thank you sir!

GC

It's a great look'n Daytona...the classic SS & White... very nice!

Thanks for share'n & enjoy it often!

btw: your pics are very clear and well it, bravo!

Ska

Yup looks to be a lovely watch and very nice photos. Congrats!

skintrade

Great pics, enjoy your watch.

Del

Very nice! I just got the same model from Lawrence at HoS - love it to bits :thumbsup:

dingle

congrats moo. It looks very nice :Whistle:

themoo-12

Thank you for all the comments! :lol: