Sign in to follow this  
skintrade

Customs Question

skintrade

Just wanted to get some advice on UK Customs turn around times. I had an order from TS last week which breezed through Customs (Coventry) in 4 hours. I currently have an order from Mary which by the EMS tracking has been in there for 2 days.

Is this normal, or should I start to worry ??

Cheers

greg_r
Just wanted to get some advice on UK Customs turn around times. I had an order from TS last week which breezed through Customs (Coventry) in 4 hours. I currently have an order from Mary which by the EMS tracking has been in there for 2 days.

Is this normal, or should I start to worry ??

Cheers

Nothing to worry about - UK Customs get backlogged fairly frequently. I've had packages breeze through in hours - but likewise I had one stuck there for almost 10 days once. For what it's worth, customs will not normally stop replica goods entering the country unless they're in quantity - the current regs mean that Customs will normally only stop a package in response to a direct request from the copyright holder - which has to be about a specific package. They're really not interested in odd ones and twos. I've brought maybe 50 watches in over the last couple of years - never had a problem.

Oddly, EMS packages tend to take longer to get through than airmail - which is why I usually go for airmail delivery if the seller offers it.

hickeym

I also had an order from Mary delivered last Monday and been stuck in customs since Friday morning, just checked and it's out for delivery today :thumbsup:

Ska

Don't worry mate - I've got one from Mary thats been in customs since sunday afternoon. Annoying but nothing to be concerned about!

skintrade

Thanks for putting my mind at ease guys. :thumbsup:

Ska

UPDATE: After 3 days in customs mine has just been updated to "En Route to Delivery Depot"

ITS ALL GOOD!!

narikaa

And the good news is

If they do 'capture it'

They send it back

:rofl:

skintrade

LOL Ska, you can breathe again....... and cheers Reg, its all good then.

Chronograph

Not to threadjack this, but what is the US customs like? Do they seize a lot of packages? If I were planning on putting in a bulk order of say, 3-5 watches, would it be best to have them each shipped seperately to increase their chance of making it through?

Thanks!

dingle
Not to threadjack this, but what is the US customs like? Do they seize a lot of packages? If I were planning on putting in a bulk order of say, 3-5 watches, would it be best to have them each shipped seperately to increase their chance of making it through?

Thanks!

most places I have heard are OK. Miami, however, kicked my ass :rofl:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...ic=4606&hl=

Best to have them shipped separately or even a few to a different address

Member X

Miami and Texas are bad, iirc?

Chronograph

I'm in Ohio, so I assume they would be coming through New York or Detroit.

Edited by Chronograph

dingle

New York should be fine. I have never had any issues with JFK :lol:

Chronograph

Cool. Does where I live make a difference as to where the package will enter the country, or is it just luck of the draw?

dingle

Cool. Does where I live make a difference as to where the package will enter the country, or is it just luck of the draw?

yes, most of the time location makes a difference. It could be your location and the location from where the dealer ships. Both play a part.....but nothing is concrete.

coolin

Hey Andy Dave is in the same boat his omega PO from has just been released from customs today so yours should follow shortly. His was there 2days also

Col

AllergyDoc

Mine come through LAX or SF. Even though SF is only 70 miles away I'd rather have them come through LAX. SF are pricks.