Sign in to follow this  
Silverspeed

Daytona 6263 on SS bracelet

Silverspeed

A couple of months ago I got a DW Daytona 6263 and was not too impressed with the quality

of this rep and of the quality of DW as a rep seller. When I got the rep it wasn't very well put

together, had lost of dust specs under the plexi crystal and the endlinks were crap...with some

sort of copper stains on 'em...send DW an email with the pics of the endlinks and he promised

me to send replacements...which he had in stock.

So finally after a little more then 2 1/2 months I got the replacement endlinks...which fortunately

are much better...installing these endlinks are a royal pain in the butt, you need to bend the springbars

to get these on.

Initially I wasn't getting this vintage Daytona....but now that I finally can wear it on the bracelet I'm

warming up to it.... :D

IMG_4729kopie.png

Still quite a few dust specs and marks on the dial, I removed most of 'em but since the dial print seemed

very fragile to me I didn't go overboard with the rodico putty....and hey it's vintage so a few marks and dust

looks more authentic :lol:

IMG_4742kopie.png

The bracelet it self is actually pretty well made with nice engravings and all...but is weighs nothing! This bracelet

is the lightest I've ever worn...and feels sorta flimsy and rattles...but hey it's vintage!

IMG_4757kopie.png

IMG_4755kopie.png

IMG_4756kopie.png

And the 'mystery' movement the clone Val23....nice Panerai engraving on the bridge :Doh: I really think DW

assembled this one with left over parts...the engravings between the lugs and inside of the caseback read

6241 instead of 6263 :facepalm: If you look closely you can see one of the screws of the movement holders

snapped off with the thread still in the case, luckily I could find the screwhead and removed it.

IMG_4759kopie.png

All in all a not so well made rep but I'm beginning to like this one :D

DSC02358kopie.png

KBH

I really like my 6263. Fortunately I haven't had any QC problems since I sent it off for a movement service. I have the black with white sub dials and really think yours is more striking.

A hint for removing dust from dials: Use a small clean artists paint brush. It works wonders on both the dial and inside the case. Much better than Rodico, which tends to smear and leave residue on glass.

speedzmaster

Looks great, SS. I plan on completing my 6263 soon.

GC

yeah, yeah, yeah...that's the 9 man..."it's Vintage"...works every time!!!

Nice to hear it's growing on you, albeit slowly.

greg_r

My favourite Daytona model. Sweet lookin' watch...

RolexAddict

you are lucky as you have a movement looking like the gen stuff and also a dial with the correct subdials diameter and spacing. You can get a Rolex engraved bridge from OFrei, or sand the Panerai writtings and create Rolex decals with Photoshop,

I got a lot of stuff from David, everything was o.k as I assembled myself my chronographs. The only one assembled Daytona I got from him is a piece of crap.

If you observe what he sells, how he sells, how his Ebay shop changes often, the few amount and random of available parts, the crappy dials, you don't need to be a Sherlock Holmes to understand he re-sell factories rejected parts.