Sign in to follow this  
roketengineer

Just purchased Rolex Explorer II 42MM From Andrew!!

roketengineer

Hey guys,

I've been doing my homework(for about 9 months), reading up on all of your reviews and learning from past mistakes and other things. I have now made the decision to finally purchase my first rep from Andrew at Trusty Time. White Rolex Explorer II with the Swiss ETA Movement. I will post pictures soon so you all can see how it looks. Im really excited and I'm new to the community and I was hoping I could make some friends!

roketengineer

HeavyKrush

Welcome aboard. Pics when it arrives.

roketengineer

Sure thing!

kamma

Hello and Welcome to rwg :)

Duzza

9 months? Think I waited about 9 minutes :)

roketengineer

Yeah it was a lot of waiting and really looking for the RIGHT one. But really I don't see this one as my last ;)

BigBuys

You will love it! It is one of my 'go to' daily wears, so I bought three of them.

fuplayer

I've had great success with Andrew.

fortman

Don't forget the pics of your purchase when you receive that much awaited package..! :D

Daywatch

Hi and welcome to posting. I went with the older 16570 Explorer II Polar and it´s always turning up on the wrist again:) Goes perfect on a black croco-muster-strap too.

roketengineer

Hi and welcome to posting. I went with the older 16570 Explorer II Polar and it´s always turning up on the wrist again:) Goes perfect on a black croco-muster-strap too.

How about those NATO straps? Those caught my eye and they also allow you to make that watch your own?

Don't forget the pics of your purchase when you receive that much awaited package..! :D

Will do! Already have my IMGUR account set up and ready to go! All I'm doing is waiting on my package! :D

roketengineer

Hello and Welcome to rwg :)

Hey and thank you, found a lot of help here and I'm glad I am getting into this hobby. :P

Hyjynx

Welcome to RWG, Roketengineer

"Such a lovely place

This could be Heaven or this could be Hell

We are all just prisoners here, of our own device

We are programmed to receive

You can check-out any time you like

But you can never leave!"

- Adapted from "Hotel California" by Eagles

Daywatch

NATO straps are simple, cheap and fine and always come in handy. Buy a watch toolbox on Amazon about 14 usd and complete with screwdrivers and pin-removal tool and lupe or just a springbar removal tool, You need it anyway to soak the bracelet in baby-oil - others bath it in WD40 too - gets much better. You will need a very small screwdriver (like for glasses) to adjust the bracelet. Best is to get the watch toolbox. Here are samples of mine:)

Explorer2-16570Hdrresized720.jpg

on the croco

explL1f050740.jpg

and one like these Paul Hewitt Straps (Amazon) would fit Your orange Explorer Hand fine I think

SOSFV21046x.jpg

DSC_9614h.jpg

sunnylife
Hey guys,

I've been doing my homework(for about 9 months), reading up on all of your reviews and learning from past mistakes and other things. I have now made the decision to finally purchase my first rep from Andrew at Trusty Time. White Rolex Explorer II with the Swiss ETA Movement. I will post pictures soon so you all can see how it looks. Im really excited and I'm new to the community and I was hoping I could make some friends!

roketengineer

Do you have any pic any where

Chiruku

Welcome! Andrew is a great dealer. Happy hunting :)

DR3M3L

Hello and welcome :)

roketengineer

Alright, quick update everyone!

Just got the QC Pics from Andrew, they all look great (No surprise there...)

Now it is just onto the waiting and then I will have some pictures for you all!

roketengineer
Hey guys, I've been doing my homework(for about 9 months), reading up on all of your reviews and learning from past mistakes and other things. I have now made the decision to finally purchase my first rep from Andrew at Trusty Time. White Rolex Explorer II with the Swiss ETA Movement. I will post pictures soon so you all can see how it looks. Im really excited and I'm new to the community and I was hoping I could make some friends! roketengineer
Do you have any pic any where

I will have the pics up as soon as it arrives.

roketengineer

Ok everyone, here it is. I took some pictures of it. Bare with me if I add them the wrong way to the forum, I will change around what doesn't work or look good.

eq9ovCF.jpg

LAJQBOa.jpg

MBF2JfO.jpg

WVaO8D2.jpg

QfinYvP.jpg

1y0jq0L.jpg?1

xBDHrhc.jpg

dec8XHz.jpg

J6N7S73.jpg

n8tWChi.jpg

There you have it folks. Another quality transaction by the famous Andrew at Trusty Time. He was very friendly and had a "customer first" mindset. However, I will go on to say that Andrew's reps really are great, I think I will do more business with a forum dealer who makes franken-reps. Overall, a great experience and and great watch even on it own without the lovely Explorer II hand.

Edited by roketengineer

WPoste

Looks great, I bought the black dial from Andrew. Andrew provides excellent customer service.

potex

Sweet piece congrats!