Sign in to follow this  
hickeym

Daytona question

hickeym

Sorry if this is a daft question to all you more experienced rep owners.

I've bought a Daytona recently and asked a question via the shout box as to whether or not the chrono small dials at 3&9 were supposed to work (I've got sec@6). I was told they only move when the chrono is activated.

What purpose are they if they only move when Taco is activated?

Like I said I could be asking a very stupid question :D

torobravo
I've bought a Daytona recently and asked a question via the shout box as to whether or not the chrono small dials at 3&9 were supposed to work (I've got sec@6). I was told they only move when the chrono is activated.

What purpose are they if they only move when Taco is activated?

hickeym the subdials cronograph functions are: minute counter 3, and hour counter 9

KBH

You don't mention if it's a 7750 or 21j or quartz.

They don't work on the 21j. Otherwise they are used for timing an event. That's what a Chronometer does.

Member X

With the Daytona, when you operate the Chrono you are effectively operating a stopwatch.

The long centre seconds hand moves round the dial once in a minute, i.e. counts the seconds in a minute, and the minutes subdial at 3 counts up how many minutes have passed, up to 30. The hours subdial moves round to count longer periods of time - so you could have 20 minutes on the minutes subdial but 3 hours on the hours subdial, showing you've been timing for 3 hours and 20 minutes.