Sign in to follow this  
ghoststar

2014 New (V3) Submariner (Hulk Green) from Noob Factory

Pob

lol,im just saying how it is,if dude thinks the v2 with loose sels terrible rehault,terrible insert ,terrible rehault engravings,terrible cg and lugs is better than the v3 then so be it.btw i have seen the v3 because i own it ,i sold the v2 ages ago.so i have v3 and bp ceramic sub.good bye and keep researching im out and will not be back lol

Making a quick exit before you're proven to be a charlatan?

The only charlatan i see here is you my friend, you need to see when it is time to stop! But you don't want to stop, right? You like you word to be the last and a lot of people in here hates that!

CurioLeo

Well, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, as they say. The only way to find out how good/bad it is, is to hold one in your hand and make a comparison to your knowledge of the gen. The reason I say comparison to knowledge of the gen is that the Hulk submariner is quite possibly one of the hardest dials and bezel to capture in photos - just comparing to online photos won't help much.

Fortunately, I tossed up between getting the gen Hulk and the GMTIIC for quite a while before finally opting for the GMTIIC, so I know a bit about what the gen should look and feel like. I have ordered a Hulk v3 from Toro and will post a review when I get it.

BTW, live1 told me he owns the black v3 so his vehemence about the inaccuracy of the green colour IS NOT based on actual personal experience of the Hulk v3, which is what this thread is primarily about. WTF ???? He might be a Sub guru, but he isn't the only one, and his predisposition to making assumptions certainly doesn't sit well with the self proclaimed expert tag ! Maybe someone should get BK to weigh in with his comments - I would have added TC but he couldn't care less about green subs with engraved rehauts.

live1

well my bud got the v3 hulk.its the same colour as my old v2,which is completely wrong.its olive green.that is why i got the ln v3.if noob ever get the green colour right ill get it but for now ill avoid

Rolexwatchman

I wonder what's reason of this post if you keep saying revert of people's thoughts and throwing shit at them?

Why would you ask forum opinions? Just ask this Franchis....

live1

I wonder what's reason of this post if you keep saying revert of people's thoughts and throwing shit at them?

Why would you ask forum opinions? Just ask this Franchis....

this is true ha ha

stevok2305

think this thread's gone a bit :catfight::handbagsatdawn:

gordon513

I have a read through this thread and everyone seems to have difference opinions. Im trying to work out whether is worth swapping my V2 for a V3? Thoughts?

Cheers

gordon513

I'm sorry I should mention I have the 116600LV noob v2. The main reason for a change would be if the colour of the bezel was dramatically better

Daywatch

Big overblown side by side macroshots of the V2 and V3 please or it didn´t happen :)

jon0ang

Anyone gotten the v3 hulk?

Barth

Just read this thread and... WTF. Who are you guys to say live1 is a sub noob, or a charlatan as a post said ? I would trust him 1000 more times than any TD, because he is a hobbyist like you said, like you and me, and has compared every single Sub-C version out there. He's the most knowledgeable sub-c guy on the boards. Have a look at RWI's Rolex section !

Most TD's will try to sell you the watch they make more margin on. Don't be fooled and think they're your friends !

CurioLeo

OK, I received my v3 Hulk from Toro (terrific transaction by the way, thank you) and I can say the watch is awesome. The green is NOT too olive, too dark etc etc. I will try to do a review but haven't done one before so it might take a while.

live1

ill do a review gen hulk vs v3 soon the green is still wrong .looks a bit brighter than v2 but still too dark unfortunately.

ronin007

Anybody want a v2,LOL,this is great reading,

live1

nope v2 looks bad

mn9500
OK, I received my v3 Hulk from Toro (terrific transaction by the way, thank you) and I can say the watch is awesome. The green is NOT too olive, too dark etc etc. I will try to do a review but haven't done one before so it might take a while.
post some pics asap

ronin007

Gen,not mine Hulk004_zps9d56af42.jpg

ronin007

V2 5655C8AB_zpsb6d1ef49.jpg

Corral

V3 is better than V2. I wouldn't upgrade from V2 to V3 though. If you already own a V2 wait for the V4. Hopefully it will have a closer color and better rolex crown on dial.

On a side note: Ironically, some people in forums know more about replica's flaws than people that make them, not to mention TDs or TD's employees. That being said this is only my honest opinion from what I have seen.

live1

coral your a good man ;)

i.davies

Well, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, as they say. The only way to find out how good/bad it is, is to hold one in your hand and make a comparison to your knowledge of the gen. The reason I say comparison to knowledge of the gen is that the Hulk submariner is quite possibly one of the hardest dials and bezel to capture in photos - just comparing to online photos won't help much.

Fortunately, I tossed up between getting the gen Hulk and the GMTIIC for quite a while before finally opting for the GMTIIC, so I know a bit about what the gen should look and feel like. I have ordered a Hulk v3 from Toro and will post a review when I get it.

BTW, live1 told me he owns the black v3 so his vehemence about the inaccuracy of the green colour IS NOT based on actual personal experience of the Hulk v3, which is what this thread is primarily about. WTF ???? He might be a Sub guru, but he isn't the only one, and his predisposition to making assumptions certainly doesn't sit well with the self proclaimed expert tag ! Maybe someone should get BK to weigh in with his comments - I would have added TC but he couldn't care less about green subs with engraved rehauts.

I am interested in the Hulk Sub Ceramic - have you received yours yet - would be interested in your review of the V3 over the V2

Thanks